Thread: Idea for Xbox 2

Default Idea for Xbox 2

Moving analog sticks. You get decked in a fighting game your character gets nocked to the left. The analog stick flys to the left and you have to straighten it or fall over. I heard this idea at another forum.
    Your sig image is too big. The entire sig can be no larger than 500x250 pixels. Please reduce it in size before you repost. Thanks, XBA Staff.

Default Re: Idea for Xbox 2

Originally posted by Bigwig
    Moving analog sticks. You get decked in a fighting game your character gets nocked to the left. The analog stick flys to the left and you have to straighten it or fall over. I heard this idea at another forum.
    Sorta like a force-feedback analog stick... I like the idea. Could be pretty neat if implemented well. I just don't wanna feel like I'm battling the controller in a game though, but if it feels natural to counter the movement, I'm all for it.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Talking Re: Re: Idea for Xbox 2

Originally posted by Dre

Sorta like a force-feedback analog stick... I like the idea. Could be pretty neat if implemented well. I just don't wanna feel like I'm battling the controller in a game though, but if it feels natural to counter the movement, I'm all for it.
    Like Dre said it could be pretty neat. I also like the idea. I just don't want them to make the controller any bigger because I think the controller is big enough as it is.

Default Re: Idea for Xbox 2

Originally posted by Bigwig
    You mean something like this:

It has a force feedback D-Pad that basically does what you were thinking. It has a nice range of motion and can move based on the effect. It can shift side to side, move in a circular motion, etc. I myself own one and it's pretty nifty. The toilet flushing effect is the best. Yeah they could do some cool stuff for a fighting game. As long as it isn't overly obtrusive and a chore to deal with like Dre pointed out.
    Last edited by GokuX; 11-18-2002 at 09:27 AM.

Thread Information