Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever use a CD lense cleaner on their Xbox?

Default Anyone ever use a CD lense cleaner on their Xbox?

Just wondering because I seen one today and picked it up, and now I have problems . . . anyone use one before?
    Your off the squad!
    Take That!

i bought one the other day and i havent used it on my xbox yet but they say on the package its ok for game systems

Chancellor Of Dark Enemy # 1 Stunner's Avatar

id be affraid i wpoulsnt buffer it enough so it woudnt work its done that with my cds too...

Well I would re consider because I used one and now my Xbox wont reconize games only music CDs, which sucks . . . . And now I have to send it out for repair which will take 7-12 days, which sucks more. . .

One good thing is that im working on an effort to make InterAct(the company who makes the lense cleaner i bought) to pay for this whole ordeal. . . . hopfully this will brighten this situation.
    Your off the squad!
    Take That!

I used one before.My xbox could not read ****.My disc were brand new too.Well considering my xbox sits in a dust zone, the disc did wonders and now my xbox is a good as new.Too bad you had troubles with yours Oppium
    ~Ninja's aren't supposed to be caught from behind, idiot~

Hidden Content

~What if i were to kill the one you love most? How far would you stray from what you just said? I can make you feel true pain~

Hidden Content

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

Only use ones with brushes, dont use any liquid or goop ones or anything like that...the Zenith 3 brush one worked good for mine.

Default My mom did very well

Last night when my Xbox stopped working after I used the cleaner, I asked my mom if she bought the warrenty with the Xbox (she got it for me for X-mas last year) she said no. So i made arangments for MS to repair it for a pricy $100. But to my suprise i get home form class this afternoon and she is dancing around and tells me that she did have the warrenty. So af6ter backing up what i can on mt beta mem card I have a brand new Xbox and I'll be back on live tonight. =)
    Your off the squad!
    Take That!

i used one with the brush a while ago. and it didnt do anything bad to my xbox.

I never had any problems at all with my XBOX until last week. I started getting "Unrecognizable Disc" errors and "Dirty Disc" errors, that will teach me to brag about not having any probs, oh well.

Anyway, I'm out of warranty so i call MS and explain the prob, she asked if it started happening after a particular game and if so to delete the file from the hard drive and wait about a half hour.

This worked temporarilly, so i called back and asked about using a lens cleaner, she said they didn't recomend it, but "Off the record" if i wanted to try it to make sure to use a "Dual Brush" type with liquid cleaner.

So i picked up "Discwasher Digital" from Suncoast, the Manger said he used it on his sytem all the time with no probs, and the package even states it's made for game consoles. I'm happy to report my problem has dissapeared.........Thank God.

Again it's the "Discwasher Digital" It has 2 brushes, one for swiping the lens and one for drying $19.99.

Good Luck.

I really want to use one because I've played my Xbox 380 days in a row, but I don't want to mess up any of my games or my system. I have boiled a few disc in hot water.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

I used CD cleaner on a few of my games and now they don't read most of the time and take forever to load....

I haven't and I don't think I will. Heard to many bad things happen.

My Xbox says the disk is too dirty a lot and can't read it, but they are brand new! Maybe I should get a lens cleaner or something.

never used one ever. i have always made sure my cds have been clean b4 they go into any of my console's/pc's/cd players .. and have never needed to use a cleaner yet ..
    Scared ? You will be.

I use a block buster kit that cleans the xbox as well as the games. So I will clean my games once a month or when ever they are dirty s well as alll rented games and movies. And I would say I run te brush in the xbox once every other week or so. I have dont this since i owned my exbox... first gen... and only once did I have a dirty disk mess and that was cause of the wife not cleaning tiger berfore she put it in. I have not had a prob since. I cant really imagine MS stating not to clean your system though. But maybe they might perfer compressed air.
    Taliesin of "Omega Squad"

Games owned; GR, GRIT, Outlaw Volleyball, 2K3, Fever 2002, Matrix, Commandos, Halo, Splinter Cell, Brute Force, Fuzion Frezy, PGR, Tiger Woods 2003, Tetris Worlds, Crimson Skies

Waiting for; Links 2004, Rainbow 6, Counter Strike, Ninja Gaiden,

a big advocate of the shirt cleaning kit for disks. I've never had any problems.

dont do it?? i dunno, i dont have one. but if i did, i wouldn't. i heard that it could destroy it or something. i might be wrong.

Calzinger
    Hidden Content

ive used a laser lens cleaner on my xbox, and nothing bad happened.

does it help?

Calzinger
    Hidden Content

there wasnt really anything wrong with my xbox, so i dont know. lol

Thread Information