Thread: Xbox Freezes... Help..

PIMP

Default Xbox Freezes... Help..

Hey guys,

I've got a little problem with my xbox freezing. I don't know what's up... past two new games I've gotten TJ&E 3 and Splinter Cell have each frozen on me a few times. I don't know If It's the games or my xbox. Has anyone else had any problems? I've still got another year on my 2-year warranty so I can take It back and get a brand new one... but what about all my saved data and my song files? How many memory cards wounld someone need to save all my stuff from my hard drive on to transfer over to my new xbox? I've got a lot of stuff saved.. I can get down to the exact amount of space I'm taking up on my hard drive If you need to get that technical.

-Matt

dude you should do this , that happen to me before so what i did was that i traded my games to this guy named venomiza he takes care of games and he is in need iof toe jam and earl and splinter why not send it to him dude??

Default Re: Xbox Freezes... Help..

Originally posted by Pimpn419
    Hey guys,

I've got a little problem with my xbox freezing. I don't know what's up... past two new games I've gotten TJ&E 3 and Splinter Cell have each frozen on me a few times. I don't know If It's the games or my xbox. Has anyone else had any problems? I've still got another year on my 2-year warranty so I can take It back and get a brand new one... but what about all my saved data and my song files? How many memory cards wounld someone need to save all my stuff from my hard drive on to transfer over to my new xbox? I've got a lot of stuff saved.. I can get down to the exact amount of space I'm taking up on my hard drive If you need to get that technical.

-Matt
    You'd need a monstrous amount of memory cards, or one mem card and an extra xbox. Do you have a friend that would let you transfer your stuff to his machine via mem card? You would have to do it close to your xbox otherwise it would take months. Either way, saving all your games is going to be a very time consuming and tedious process. I would recomment getting the imperative saved games off your HD and leaving the Nightcaster and Bloodwake games to die. Song you can always redownload too.

Do you have any third party controllers -non Microsoft- or the DVD kit plugged in when you play these games?? I had freezing problems with several games, but upon catching a tidbit of info from Electronic Arts I decided to keep my DVD kit unplugged while I play games and haven't had another freeze in the last 6 months after doing it.

hehe the only time my xbox frozed was when i had bruce lee and now the only thing i dont like is that my mechassault loads and takes yrs when i pcik xbox link that takes really long

Yeah i have the same problem with my xbox. im try your ideas, and hopefully they work.

PIMP

Yeah, as a matter of fact I do have my DVD kit plugged in while I'm playing my games... I'll try what you said. -Matt

PIMP

why would having the DVD kit plugged in while you're playing any game matter? -Matt

My Xbox has froze a few times. Mainly on Blockbusters games though. My Gamecube just froze yesterday on Metroid Prime and my Playstation 2 has frozen a bunch of times. My Dreamcast rarely froze if ever.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

my xbox froze a couple hours ago when playing Splinter Cell.....i said, well time to quit for awhile, and went out to eat.

when i was saving a game last night, the screen flashed in a light blue color, but was fine still......today it froze.....

i have had the CD still in my Xbox after i quit....i have heard it is not too good to do that, but never had any problems before.....i dunno what happens when you do that, but i am hoping that is the reason and i dont have a crap Xbox or a Crap copy of Splinter Cell.....only happened once in the time i have had it...since Jan5th 2002. so...*shrug*

gonna go play the game in about 30mins to see what is up.

gotta get the encryption key. I JUST GOTTA!

My dreamcast started screwing up about two or three months after we got it. One of my bro's friends from new york got it for us and sent it via mail. I doubt the trip hurt it. He sent it in a huge box along with a bunch of other stuff like books. He also had tons of those styrofoam pasta thingys in the box. That dude is soo cool. He came down to our house once on a vacation. Super nice, I mean, he bought us a dreamcast becuase my bro said he wanted one! His wife is nice too. They adopted a kid from malaysia or something.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH
    only happened once in the time i have had it...since Jan5th 2002.
    U got ur xbox on my birthday!

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

well, it could have been jan. 6th or something

hehe

Originally posted by GokuX
    Do you have any third party controllers -non Microsoft- or the DVD kit plugged in when you play these games?? I had freezing problems with several games, but upon catching a tidbit of info from Electronic Arts I decided to keep my DVD kit unplugged while I play games and haven't had another freeze in the last 6 months after doing it.
    As odd as this sounds it actually works, I had the same problem for a while but once i removed the sensor when playing it went away. Good catch GokuX

Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH
    my xbox froze a couple hours ago when playing Splinter Cell.....i said, well time to quit for awhile, and went out to eat.

when i was saving a game last night, the screen flashed in a light blue color, but was fine still......today it froze.....

i have had the CD still in my Xbox after i quit....i have heard it is not too good to do that, but never had any problems before.....i dunno what happens when you do that, but i am hoping that is the reason and i dont have a crap Xbox or a Crap copy of Splinter Cell.....only happened once in the time i have had it...since Jan5th 2002. so...*shrug*

gonna go play the game in about 30mins to see what is up.

gotta get the encryption key. I JUST GOTTA!
    It could be both. I know my copy of Jet Set Radio Future, blockbuster rented games, and OXM demo disk freeze but games I bought don't freeze. I just say that freezing will occur in any system no matter what. All three of my next gen consoles have froze.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

bust a nut

Originally posted by Burning Ranger
    It could be both. I know my copy of Jet Set Radio Future, blockbuster rented games, and OXM demo disk freeze but games I bought don't freeze. I just say that freezing will occur in any system no matter what. All three of my next gen consoles have froze.
    yea, computers freezes all the time, so no biggie

PIMP

Why did you trade in Meachassualt? Just curious, I was planning on buying that game. How do you like Unreal Championship?

-Matt

Thread Information