Thread: serious sam

Talking serious sam

Has anyone else here played Serious Sam (Review Here)? This game is the greatest.

What do you think the chances are that they come up with a download to make this XBL compatable?

This game is fast and you just can't stop shooting. Croteam are the greatest.

tss

Go to Hidden Content . Becasue it is my site and it ownz.

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

Default Re: serious sam

Originally posted by tss
    Has anyone else here played Serious Sam (Review Here)? This game is the greatest.

What do you think the chances are that they come up with a download to make this XBL compatable?

well it was meant to be a single player game, or at least a co-op game where you work together...but if you like that and want to play online, get Unreal Championship.

MaxPain

Haha.. This game has a similiar feeling to the game "PO'ed" yes.. im pretty sure it means "****ed off".. This was for PSone. I donno how many people even heard of this game.. but my friend gave me it a long time ago when psone was the newest system out.. and that game was really lame... Anyone ever hear or play the game im talking about before?

Yes I have heard of Po'ed. It was one of the first Playstation released. Published by an old company known as Accolade who also did the game Bubsy and use to do Test Drive. The graphics were pretty bad compared to todays games. It was on Playstation, Saturn, and 3DO. I think I may know of someone here with a Panasonic 3DO.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

Sleeping

this game just looks and sounds REALLY stupid. and i usually don't say that, but this game just looks really stupid. the name sounds pretty messed up too, but who knows, it could be good......

it is non stop action for sure. at times it makes you laugh as hundreds of 2000 lb bulls charge you at once. then you just make through that and here comes another wave. it is entertaining if you like to run through a game and just never stop firing

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

I have the pc version of Serious Sam (both of them, first and second encounter), this game is just crazy. When you are in the last level, prepare to be "serious" for good, because there are swarm bad guys waiting for you !!!!
    Back into the world of gaming.

This game does definately bring back the feeling of the original FPS games like Doom and Duke Nukem 3D.

Story doesn't matter, reality doesn't matter, 100's of enemies coming at you...MATTERS. The sheer enjoyment of watching the enemies consistantly get bigger from one map to the next is the best. By the end you are battling a boss that could use the Pyramids to pick his toes. It truly is a blast to play especially if you are sick of all the Counter Strike clone FPS games being released.

What I don't like about this game is the cost. $50 for the Xbox version?? It was $20 for the PC when it was first released. That is a heck of a markup for a port. I would recommend buying it on the PC rather than the Xbox unless you can find it on sale.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

I think the difference is that the PC game was released in stages, whereas the XBOX game was released as a complete title.

Doesn't matter now since it has been repriced to $19.99 for the Xbox as well.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Talking Serious Sam Rocks

Serious Sams just refreshed the feelings I had with DOOM just just twice better, Since it has better graphics, lenght of game, Multiplayer. What makes this game rock is the ability to go through the story on co-op mode. And since all my dozens of friends want to play this game. This will make countless hours of extremely sensless but fun game time. note for $19.99 you get Serious Sam 1 and 2 and Co-op mode with system link on one great package.
    Hidden Content
    Xbox Rules!!!

This game is so insane I just love it to death. Never in my life have I seen so many enemys attack you all at once and just when you wipe the sweat off yourself from a hard fought battle it throws a few hundred more guys at you.

Default oh yea

the price is right now. hell, i payed 50$ for this opus. i love this game. plus, there is a gamespy thing you can download to play online. you fake your xbox into thinking it linking. sweet.
    tss

Go to Hidden Content . Becasue it is my site and it ownz.

Xba's Official Hierarch TheCovenant's Avatar

Default Re: serious sam

Originally posted by tss

they said it wasnt gonna be xbox live compatible. sorry.
    Don't RTFM me! I already RTFMed, okay!

Banned

I think that serious sam is very stupid.All you have to do is go around to every level and kill everything in it that is the point in the game!!!!!!!!!!

Renegade of funk

I just got Serious Sam for 20 bucks at EB. It's pretty cool. No real story line, just run in and start killing. Good graphics, good sound, and plenty of killing. I couldn't help to notice the
    Doom II references. The shotgun and double barreled breach load shotgun, the bazooka, the chain gun, and of course the always handy chainsaw. But I guess they took a good thing and ran with it. Co-op, Death match, I can't complain. It's a good distraction. I'm starting to like these bargain bin games now.

Banned

Serious Sam for xbox?What is this world comming to!that game is pointless! All you do is run around and kill things. That is the hole point it is stupid i think it is a waste of money! But it's just me and that is what i think about it

Originally posted by The Clown
    Serious Sam for xbox?What is this world comming to!that game is pointless! All you do is run around and kill things. That is the hole point it is stupid i think it is a waste of money! But it's just me and that is what i think about it
    if you play it expecting it to be splinter cell, yes

but if you play it for what it is (an intentionally mindless FPS game made for players to blow off steam), it's a blast
    XBOX=WIN
    Proud owner of PlayStation 2, Xbox, and Gamecube. ROCK ON!!!

Official MerimacHamwich "Smarty Mahn Numero Uno" Fanclub Member

Hidden Content

Originally posted by Supperdog
    if you play it expecting it to be splinter cell, yes

but if you play it for what it is (an intentionally mindless FPS game made for players to blow off steam), it's a blast
    riiiiight!
    Hidden Content
    Xbox Rules!!!

Thread Information