Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OMG! Hollywood Video called me this morning

Default OMG! Hollywood Video called me this morning

Let me begin by telling you my history with Nascar Thunder 2003 (which is the game they called about) I had rented Thunder from hollywood video some time ago. I returned the game on time. I then a few weeks later went to GameCrazy (which is apart of hollywood video) and bought Thunder.

*fastforward to today*

Hollywood video calls me this morning (waking me up grrr) and tells me that I returned Nascar Heat 2002 in place of Thunder. At this point I'm kinda in shock, having been that I just woke up and someone telling me that I basically stole a game in the matter of 2 minutes. The lady on the phone tells me that I'm the only one that has rented Thunder so it had to be me that returned Heat instead of it.

I ask "when did I rent thunder?"

She tells me the dates that I had it rented which was some time later September and was returned on the 1st of October.

THIS IS DECEMBR FIRST when they call me to tell me about this.
    The lady then goes on to say something about maybe I just miss placed it and I could find it in my room somewhere, or maybe a friend took it.

I then tell her that I've never even played Heat (which I haven't) and that I have no friends that own an Xbox.

I then ask "if I rented back in september why are you just now calling me about this?"

She tells me something about inventory and that they just found it, and they have never carried Heat and that I wa the only one that rented Thunder. And then she says "So you are responsible for it"

I ask "what does that mean?"

She says "you either replace it or pay for it"

Then there was a silence for a bit.

And she said something, and I replied with "I just don't know, I never played Heat, I rented THunder from you guys and a few weeks after renting it I bought it"

So now I don't know what the heck to do.

Even if I never pay it or whatever, if they don't let it go that means that the best place in town to rent games is no longer an option for me to go to.

What a bunch of freaking B.S. it's not like I don't have enough problems that his B.S. has to come along.

MaxPain

Bakeman..
    Sounds like something that would happen to me...
    I mean..
    They call you and wake you up...
    then accuse you of stealing a game..
    and re placing it with one you've never even played before..
    I don't really have any advice for you...
    but personally I wouldn't re place it
    or pay for it...
    Tell them to shove it up their a$$

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

so if you never played Heat or whichever one you never played that they said you rented, tell them the truth and dont give them jack shìt.

Thats why I dont rent video games...

That sucks and I have no idea what you can do about it.

I feel for ya. Sorta same thing happened to me, except it was a DVD movie. I rented Armageddon Special Edition that contained two DVD's. Well I got it home and the first disk:the movie was busted. It had a triangular piece broken off the DVD. Anyways I return the movie a day later and show the guy at the counter that the first DVD is busted, not even asking for my money back. He takes it and looks at it. About a month later the manager calls and says I didn't return the first disk. It was obvious I did because the guy actually held the first disk in his hand. She wouldn't believe me since she couldn't find it in the repair bin. I refused to pay anything since it was obviously the worker's fault for misplacing it. They never called again. I've never gone back. I wouldn't pay anything unless they can actually show you that you were indeed the only one to ever rent the game. If they can't prove conclusively that you did it, then you have no obligation to pay. If you truly didn't do it then don't give in to them.

I have an idea...if they ever call you back, just speak in a southern accent (unless your from the south...but anyway) and tell them they have the wrong number.

Originally posted by EHWfedPres
    so if you never played Heat or whichever one you never played that they said you rented, tell them the truth and dont give them jack shìt.

Thats why I dont rent video games...

Well they said they never even carried Heat... they are just saying I replaced Thunder with Heat..

I don't plan on giving them anything, just sucks this is happening.. and it's the best place to rent games.
    The other video stores lack so badly compared to this video store. I stopped even going to the others all together.
    *starts looking for blockbuster card*

MaxPain

I have an idea...if they ever call you back, just speak in a southern accent (unless your from the south...but anyway) and tell them they have the wrong number.

Great Idea...
    errmmm...
    and how would talking with a southern accent..
    throw them off???

Originally posted by MaxPain

Great Idea...
    errmmm...
    and how would talking with a southern accent..
    throw them off???

so they dont think they are talking to the person they want to, cause they already heard your voice, it would be kind of odd if the same person said they had the wrong number...it would be more belivable if it sounded like a totally different person.

MaxPain

so they dont think they are talking to the person they want to, cause they already heard your voice, it would be kind of odd if the same person said they had the wrong number...it would be more belivable if it sounded like a totally different person.

Why would it matter if he said they have the wrong number...
    that would be avoiding it..
    and he wouldnt be allowed to rent anything from there anyways..
    I'd rather tell them to f*** off...
    if im going down... im going to be an a$$

Eh, oh well. I dont rent video games anyway, so i dont know...

MaxPain

I don't rent games either...
    Those games are so scratchy...
    and messed up..
    half of them freez my xbox...

The only thing similar to that I've done is at blockbuster. One time I rented Super Monkey Ball 2 on my Game freedom pass, I took the case back to blockbuster but forgot I left SMB 2 in my Gamecube. The next day after I returned it, I accidently pushed power on my Gamecube and I was wondering why a game booted up. I looked in my system and there was SMB 2. I took it back to employee there who knew me. I didn't have to pay extra at all.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

I feel your pain. Almost the same thing happened to me and this is what I suggest. Note I am assuming you are not a adult but rather a Teen sorry If I am wrong. As funny and lame as it sounds bring in a parent to explain to the Nimrods that your not paying them anything because you returned the game. When it happened to me they bullied me because I was 15 and they thought they could but when dealing with a " Adult " they may change there attitude. Young people get bad reps and I bet half the problem is your age and the fact that is a game in question. Had it been a movie and adult I doubt they would be singing the same tune. As well make sure you talk to a " Daytime " manager and no evening people. The higher up on the totem pole the better the hours you get to work and I bet the person that phoned you is not who you should be dealing with either. Good Luck.

Well they called at 11am, not sure if that's the daytime manager or not.

I'm 21 btw. BUT the account is my step dads

Funny, along time ago like when GameDay 96 I think came out, I wanted to rent the game really bad, and I knew this video store had it and the others stores didn't. So after my step dad got off work he went and got an account there and put me on there to allow me to rent it after my grandma picked me up the next day.

And I am the only one that has ever used that account lol

Look at that.. ALL this time being with them not having any problems they think I keep the game.

The PSKT is for...

I got your solution, man! and im not being sarcastic either, this will most likely work. If youve never played hear on your Xbox, then bring your xbox in and show them your memory files. it puts something there from every game youve ever played! there should be no sign of heat on there. hopefully this will work, just make sure not to let them know that you can delete these files

best of luck, man.

Originally posted by PapaShaddix
    I got your solution, man! and im not being sarcastic either, this will most likely work. If youve never played hear on your Xbox, then bring your xbox in and show them your memory files. it puts something there from every game youve ever played! there should be no sign of heat on there. hopefully this will work, just make sure not to let them know that you can delete these files

best of luck, man.

LOL as I was reading I was thinking to myself "but you can delete the files" LOL

Man that suck's. Blockbuster has done that to me before and sent me late fee's and even tried to make me pay for the game too. Come to find out those idoits didn't even check the game back in. Though, that won't help you though. Good luck on whatever you do.

bust a nut

i swear its those pos2 fanboys doing that

Burn that muther down!
    Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

Thread Information