Thread: spinter cell fake things

Default spinter cell fake things

I noticed a few fake things about Splinter Cell. I still love the game but I just wanted something to post. Subtract or add to the list as you please.

1. When enemies fall or you lie them down, they can go threw walls or objects.

2. With you lights on your head your enemy would be able to spot you anywhere.

3. When you arnt really that hidden enemies are amazingly blind. (when your on a fence rightfront of them, or in a very light spot)

4. When an enemy spots you and after a while they think that they have had to much coffee or that it must have been nothing. (i love this lol)

I am not critisizing the game, I am just taking note of some funny things.
    Hidden Content

Brotha from anotha mutha of anotha brotha from a mutha.

Every game has flaws,

but you would be suprised on how close you can actually sneak up on someone without them knowing, in real life

I like how 70% of the time you go back to a level and do it again the reactions are diferent and the guards are not always where they were before , just subtle changes like that make the Game have tremendous reply value ,
    Wadical Dwagons! *quote from random game nerd in an arcade when I was a kid in the 80's*

dude not everything is PERFECT
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Owned And Operated by Yours Truely

RIP David (DZNUTZ) 5/23/04

Originally posted by Monky
    dude not everything is PERFECT
    & it's Pretty Damn Close At that!
    Hidden Content ULTRA-VIOLENCE!

i noticed all those things as well, but every game has flaws, as long as it doesnt take away from the gameplay im fine with it.
    Hidden Content

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Nelson Mandela

So stuff is fake so the game is not impossible.

The lights on his head are infrared, not visible light. Only certain cameras can pick it up (like the ones filming the game).

The AI is not always good.

There's a lot of clipping.

Sam has no hand-tohand skills. He must have gotten his @ss handed to him in the schoolyard.

My favorite is when Sam goes down stairs he floats on air.

Yeah, Sam does the same walking/creeping animation on stairs as on flat ground.

Other stuff:

- There is WAY too much scripted behavior in the game.

- Smoke grenades bounce back at you when there's NO WAY that should happen. I almost got nailed by my own ring air foil fired at a 75 deg angle. I heard it whizz by my head and it was cruisin'.

Thread Information