Thread: Cdr help

Default Cdr help

I heard that it's possible to make cdr's work on a xbox. I also heard that it only works on the phillips dvd drive. Is this true? I would really like to know if there are any little tricks to get cdr's to work. I tried one in which I filled the cdr to the brim with music not leaving any extra space, and it didn't work on my xbox but did on my brother's (who has a phillips). If any one has any info to help me here, I'd be more than appreciative. Anything will do. Thanks a ton
    -Mark McCreary-

You shouldn't e using Cd-R's at all. Just buy the music. Burning CD's a very bad thing to do.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

Originally posted by Burning Ranger
    You shouldn't e using Cd-R's at all. Just buy the music. Burning CD's a very bad thing to do.

It is but most of the world does it these days, so its something that cant be stopped.

sorry i put enter on accident, buy a cdrw they work, so dat should be easier for u

Thumbs up

Use CD-RW's they will work, but burn the music like a music CD not MP3 or WMA or any music file compression. Trust me CD-RW and original CD's will work on the Xbox to put your burned music. I tried the brands of CD'RW's that didn't work on CD'R's, but the CD-RW type work for those brands that did not work on CD-R. I hope I gave you a Clear Idea of what kind of disk you need to burn music into your Xbox.
    Hidden Content
    Xbox Rules!!!

I'm a poor ******* my friend, and I'd much rather burn a cd that my brother has (which is the case), then buy a-whole-nother cd for 13 dollars; It's not only economical, but logical as well. If anyone can help here, that'd be great. Thanks

Burn on CD-RW like I recommended and how other honest Xbox fans will tell you to do. Happy New year and have a great family and Xbox year.
    Hidden Content
    Xbox Rules!!!

I also heard that the quality of the music is degraded on a cd-rw though. Is this true? I read it in an article in one a game magazine I was reading. Thanks for that little help Cesar902! Any other info will help, thanks again.

Wink

Well I don't notice any music degradetion compare to CD-R, but I think that will happen, until you have rewrite music onto your CD-RW hundreds of times, but I think you will have a coupe of CD-RW, but then you can re-use them some hundred of times before you experience degradetion.
    Hidden Content
    Xbox Rules!!!

Thanks Cesar and publicenemy! You have been MORE than helpful. Have a great Holiday and thanks again

your welcome
    Hidden Content
    Xbox Rules!!!

ok ive been tyrying for a long time but have had no success. we had some cd-rw's kicking around, so i burned songs to it normally, and it wont work on xbox. umm in the store i saw these "cd-rw music" designed for burning music. was the one i was using possibly designed for data? can someone post a brand and kind of cd-rw's that xbox recognize on an older xbox?? ive had mine since bout february.
    MAKING A NEW SIG

The 'music CD-RWs' are designed for use in standalone component burners...they won't work in computers.

I use Verbatim, Imation, and Sony CD-RW's in my Xbox with no problem.

ok thx
    MAKING A NEW SIG

I'm having a similar problem. Someone told me to get a CD-RW so I went to kmart(last night, only thing open) and only brand they had was Memorex. Won't work burned as a music CD....Just a lousy brand CD-RW or something else have a play in this? I'm going to go get some Imation cd-rw's tommorow, someone suggested that might help...

is there a particular program that you can burn cdrw's to that works best? I was wondering if that might be a reaso as to why some of you have been having problems. I'm going to try out this sony cdrw that I just picked up, so I hope it was worth it. If any one has any info on certain programs that work best, it'd be greatly apprectiated. Thanks

Thread Information