Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: keyboard & mouse

Question keyboard & mouse

hi all

will / When is there gunna b a kboard & mouse released for the xbox, theres a few games in the pipeline like Fable,CS & a few i have now that could really do with these periphials. any ideas anyone ..thx i advance

..I thought there was one? Hm..look it up on Google, I'm too lazy.:o

I have said it before in threads just like this and I will say it again. We don't need a keyboard and or mouse. They are uncomfortable peripherals made for the PC. A console is all about comfort and ease of play. A keyboard and mouse combo will achieve the exact opposite.

BTW, Fable would be horrible with a keyboard and mouse combo.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
    I have said it before in threads just like this and I will say it again. We don't need a keyboard and or mouse. They are uncomfortable peripherals made for the PC. A console is all about comfort and ease of play. A keyboard and mouse combo will achieve the exact opposite.

BTW, Fable would be horrible with a keyboard and mouse combo.
    That is all your opinion, not a fact.

Just think about it. They are developing Fable to work well with a controller. By introducing a mouse/keyboard intot he mix you will have to customize it to work with that.

Having a mouse/keyboard to use with games. You are sitting in your chair/couch. You either have them on your lap (how would the mouse work?) or on a table infornt of you. Either way yoiu end up hunching over the combo and your wrists end up getting carpol tunnel syndrome. Personally, that is why I don't play PC games that much. SO UNCOMFORTABLE! And a PC desk is the most comfortable and convenient way to set up a mouse/keyboard combo.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

A keyboard and mouse are useless. Xbox is a console, not a PC. If I want to use a keyboard and mouse, I'd play PC games. Since I don't play PC games, I only want controllers.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

then they should give ppl the option, some games work better wit pad others with mouse & KB combo... i mean how do they expect ppl to play CS using a pad! LoL! & ppl keep saying saying that the xbox is a console (which i agree to!) but all of the insides of the xbox IS a pc :P a PC is a multimedia system. an XBOX is just a console. a keyboard & mouse wont make an xbox into a pc & those that think it would...solution: dont buy the kb & mouse combo

btw: Posted by a member of staff at TeamXBox

"Believe the hype guys!

I can tell you that finally you'll be able to play HALO, Unreal Championship, DOOM III and any other FPS on the Xbox with a mouse and keyboard (tip: well, even better than a keyboard).
    http://pub6.ezboard.com/fgamerszone6...icID=798.topic

not a keyboard & mouse as such..but better

How will you play counterstrike with a controller? Just like Halo, Unreal Championship, Turok, and every other first person shooter ever brought to a console.
    There is a multitude of things in this world that can be classified as a computer. However, a PC or Personal Computer is a specific thing. It has to be along the same lines as what you used to type that message. there is no way you can call an xbox, playstation or nintendo product a PC. Sure, you can call it a computer, in fact, that is what it is, but it isn't a PC.

I'm in the minority but I only have three words: ** Bring it on!

** A mouse and keypad. I don't need or want the entire keyboard, or even letters and numbers on it.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

If they so make a mouse and keyboard thats fine but I would stay with my controller, I like it alot better.

if i had a mouse and keyboard i would have kept unreal championship and would have ruled the universe.

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

what is the harm of a keyboard/mouse combo for a couple games?

just curious to what you guys think is soooo wrong with this?

Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH

That would make the Xbox too much of a PC. My friends I had already made fun of me for owning an Xbox because it's like a PC while their Playstation 2's aren't. I say yeah right it's the other way around.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

Lightbulb

I can't see any use for a mouse on the XBox, although there might be some situations where a keyboard could be useful. Even then only as a peripheral, never to actually replace a controller. They are mostly good for communication, but the headset bundled with an XBox Live Kit takes care of that.

Originally posted by Burning Ranger
    That would make the Xbox too much of a PC. My friends I had already made fun of me for owning an Xbox because it's like a PC while their Playstation 2's aren't. I say yeah right it's the other way around.
    Justask them what the official name of the PS2 is. Answer, Playstation 2 Computer Entertainment System. Can you get any closer to calling a console a PC?

so is there a keyboard and mouse ? i would like one for my fps games ... halo with a keyboard and mouse WOW ....
    Scared ? You will be.

Wondering Around

Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH

creates an uneven playing field.. they ever bring out a keyboard or mouse for the xbox, i'll drop it so fast (xbox) you would wonder if i ever had one to begin with. If i want to use a keyboard/mouse combo on games, i'll play my computer.
    Last edited by Shannon-XBA; 12-29-2002 at 10:38 AM.

creates an uneven playing field.. they ever bring out a keyboard or mouse for the xbox, i'll drop it so fast you would wonder if i ever had one to begin with. If i want to use a keyboard/mouse combo on games, i'll play my computer.
    so u would bin the xbox if they bring a keyboard and mouse out for it ??? that to me is very sad.. also there are games on the box "halo" for one that are or have been box exclusive's .. so how could u play those on the pc "computer" ???

i think playing fps are enhanced 100% by useing a keyboard and mouse ... i would love to see a keyboard and mouse on my box it would take it another level up ....

but i would never bin something because they brought out something i didnt agree with thats just mad ...
    Scared ? You will be.

How would it make it an "Uneven playing field" ? some ppl say they prefer the pad..others say keyboard & mouse, so it would make it a more fair play field as ppl will be using what they prefer & feel more adapted to.

as for the keyboard & mouse making it too much of a PC! its a console ..ditto.. many things have keboards, that doesnt make them a PC! i havent bought any FPS game as yet for xbox simply cuz it sucks playing with a pad as im used to using keyboard & mouse on my pc (my opinion)

if MS wanna be serious about LIVE, they're gunna ave to think serious about releasing a keyboard & mouse for both communication & games. the headset is good for those that can use it. what about ppl with disablities, deaf,speech etc.. these reasons alone make it more of a reason why MS should release a kb & mouse than ppl who say they shouldn't cuz it makes an xbox more like a PC!

Originally posted by scull
    How would it make it an "Uneven playing field" ? some ppl say they prefer the pad..others say keyboard & mouse, so it would make it a more fair play field as ppl will be using what they prefer & feel more adapted to.

as for the keyboard & mouse making it too much of a PC! its a console ..ditto.. many things have keboards, that doesnt make them a PC! i havent bought any FPS game as yet for xbox simply cuz it sucks playing with a pad as im used to using keyboard & mouse on my pc (my opinion)

if MS wanna be serious about LIVE, they're gunna ave to think serious about releasing a keyboard & mouse for both communication & games. the headset is good for those that can use it. what about ppl with disablities, deaf,speech etc.. these reasons alone make it more of a reason why MS should release a kb & mouse than ppl who say they shouldn't cuz it makes an xbox more like a PC!
    aaaahhh i dont think so. keyboard and mouse are advantages against someone with a pad. mouse is more accurate than a control.. i have a optical mouse trust me. its faster in aiming than a control. a key board would be ok only for games like phantasy star online. anywayz who wants to sit with a freaking key board on theyre lap and mouse to be stationed where? im definitly not going to put a table in front of my tv set. for that i would play on the pc like shannon says.. i liked the keyboard dreamcast had that was cool. but yet annoying at times becuzz i would have the keyboard on the floor and i would always feel uncomfartible with it on my lap.

Thread Information