Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey, has anyone thought about this? Graphic engienes

Default Hey, has anyone thought about this? Graphic engienes

Is it just me or, how is the xbox going to beable to handle the halo 2 engine at a constant fps when it can't handle the unreal tournament 2k3 engine constantly at 30 fps and at a low resolution?

Just a thought.
    Don't flame me.
    Hidden Content Avatar created by Hotshot657.

Woah, no one has an answer, that doesnt seem very promising.
    Hidden Content Avatar created by Hotshot657.

It should be able to handle it. Games like Moto GP and Quantum Redshift run at a high framerate and the graphics are great. Bungie should be able to do it because they know how to use Xbox.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

Halo and Halo 2 are having their engine designed specifically for the Xbox while UC (UT2k3) didn't.

They are also completely different engines. Bungie relies on bump mapping for most of their effects. Bump mapping on the Xbox is virtually free, as they found out. Halo 2 will actually be pumping out less polygons than Halo but will be using bump mapping out the yazzoo.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

THe answer is yes. The Halo 2 engine uses actually les polys then the original one but the detail is hoped up cause of the great lighting and bump mapinng.

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Every game that have been build specifically for the xbox will have no problem with framerate. UT 2003 is build for only PC.
    Back into the world of gaming.

Starving College Student

i dont get why everyone complains about uc's framerate...i have yet to see a problem with it, except for lag, or when you've got 16 players in gael all using rocket launchers at the exact same moment
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Have you seen SplinterCell? Not one blip or skip or slowdown the whole 10+hours I played it. That is a hint at what Halo2 and Doom 3 will be like. Those games are all about lighting and bump mapping.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

The Unreal engine has always been a resource hog, so it is no real surprise that they didn't do a great conversion when it was put onto the XBOX.

Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
    Halo and Halo 2 are having their engine designed specifically for the Xbox while UC (UT2k3) didn't.

They are also completely different engines. Bungie relies on bump mapping for most of their effects. Bump mapping on the Xbox is virtually free, as they found out. Halo 2 will actually be pumping out less polygons than Halo but will be using bump mapping out the yazzoo.
    That's exactly what I was goin to say.

The only framerate drop I've seen lately was today while I was at my aunt's gouse. My cousin (which just got an XBOX for XMAS
    ) and I were playing co-op Ghost Recon. The framerate was gettin real funky when there were enemies all over, a tank, some AI soldiers, my squad, and my cousin's squad. It felt like the framerate dropped to aroun 10fps. We had to turn off our NV goggles in an effort to raise the framerate. First time I've seen any framerate drop on my XBOX since the beginning of my crazy Halo days.

Does UC lag offline? Would you guys reccomend its purcahse for someone who doesnt have XBox live and cant forsee ever having it for lack of broadband?

notice the thread maker hasnt said anything....
    Hidden Content

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Nelson Mandela

Originally posted by Viper87227
    Does UC lag offline? Would you guys reccomend its purcahse for someone who doesnt have XBox live and cant forsee ever having it for lack of broadband?
    its great online, but no, you shouldnt buy it if you have no chance of getting live.
    Hidden Content

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Nelson Mandela

Originally posted by shrew king
    notice the thread maker hasnt said anything....
    *notices and adds...*

cuz he has seen the light.

Hey Viper, UC is awesome offline, I recommend getting it. Don't know what the hel l Shrew is thinking

It's ok offline, but ShrewKing is right. It does eventually get boring if you're playing bots all the time, playing on LIVE just adds a whole lot of replay value.

If you're going to buy it without XBOX LIVE, then I recommened at least having enough friends with an XBOX, UC, a hub, and some cables, cuz man, you're gonna have to play some people other than bots...

Originally posted by SPARTAN VI
    It's ok offline, but ShrewKing is right. It does eventually get boring if you're playing bots all the time, playing on LIVE just adds a whole lot of replay value.

If you're going to buy it without XBOX LIVE, then I recommened at least having enough friends with an XBOX, UC, a hub, and some cables, cuz man, you're gonna have to play some people other than bots...
    yeah it does get boring, this gakme should have had a story line at least

Originally posted by SPARTAN VI

Playing with bots is what I have been doing in several videogames.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

I dont mind bots. Ive been playing Counter-Strike for years with just bots since I get to much lag playing online (yes, my PC IS that crappy)

by what you guys have been saying it sounds like the kind of game where i should wait till its price drops.

Originally posted by Veno
    Woah, no one has an answer, that doesnt seem very promising.
    I hate to say this but...you're just a tad too optimistic for your own good. Lighten up a bit. (sorry, I had to say that)

Thread Information