Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Start the Hype!

I can remember that I was one of the many who fell into the Playstation 2 hype. I would stand outside in line at many stores in my area 6 hours before they open only to see that I they didn't recieve a shipment. I was even going to pay someone $100 if they found a system for me. I finally found one, overpaid for it by $40. I was very disappointed in the games. Noe of the games were as great as my Dreamcast. It came as a surprise for me because I was the biggest Playstation fanboy in my school at the time. Then I switched to Xbox the next school year and people thought I worked for Microsoft because I would hand out Xbox info to everybody.

The good thing was I converted 40 people into buying Xbox backin High School.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

I guess admitting your problem is the first step to recovery, i too overpaid for my ps2 months after launch, mind you i paid 400.00. and on top of that i sold my DC and all the games with extra virtual cards and controllers, now everyone will know why i'm so biter and show nothing but hatred to sony and the ps2. but i learned a valuable lesson i will never ever sell any xbox games or consoles again.

Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
    I guess admitting your problem is the first step to recovery, i too overpaid for my ps2 months after launch, mind you i paid 400.00. and on top of that i sold my DC and all the games with extra virtual cards and controllers, now everyone will know why i'm so biter and show nothing but hatred to sony and the ps2. but i learned a valuable lesson i will never ever sell any xbox games or consoles again.
    I had the same thing happen to me, except, I kept my Dreamcast. I have been having a tough time liking my Playstation 2 after the amount of money I paid for it and the hard work I did getting one. I can't seem to get into it despite be re-buying the system.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

i repurchased another a little while ago pre-owned with gt3 but after getting all the new xbox games and some gamecube i said thats it ps2 has nothing to offer anymore at least for me... i will miss final fantasy 9 but then again i wont need a ps2 to play that one.

Man o man, God bless the fanboys.(hardcore gamers)....I thought this was a thread about hype in videogames ,not a playstation 2 bashing....Give me a break..we all fell for the hype...I prepaid for my playstation 2 and i went thru a year of crappy games...but i stayed with my system..now i couldn't be happier.....Now i am the proud owner of an xbox....and just like the ps2 a year later..we are starting to get some great games.. I think that hype is an very important part of gaming..it makes people aware of your game or system..Hype equals sales......the xbox is in need of a bit of hype.....couldn't hurt
    Last edited by Evil_Dr_Beefy; 01-06-2003 at 08:59 AM.
    Meanwhile back at the Ranch,Bificus Beefy AKA Evil_Dr_Beefy and his henchmen The Big Dipper Beast plot the destruction of their arch nemesis Spaceboy

Fear is the Mind Killer spike spiegel's Avatar

In OXm, they said that they were making an Xbox 1.5(or somthing), it will be smaller and cheaper,(I think they're trying to get the Japanese to like it more("smaller")) and the Xbox next(or whatever its called) will also be smaller, but Sony and IBM are definetly looking to start alot of hype, and don't forget most of the gameing mags that go across all platforms, still support the PS2 the most, and will probably give it alot of hype, it really is up to us, the addicts to give the next Xbox a chance in hell of knocking the PS3 off it's throne.

The Xbox next should have a much better chance this time, because it's comeing out at around the same time, if not Microsoft is trying to get it out earlier,(hopfully they will)

As for me I do hate the PS2 now and will most likely get the PS3, because I've always liked IBM, and know that Sony has learned a lesson from Xbox, but I will never support it as much as my Xbox.........EVER

well ps3 better be leaps and bounds over the xbox. heck Sony was to release the ps3 late 2003 mid 2004 so how much more will it do over the xbox when xbox will exhust around 2005 or 6?

Originally posted by Evil_Dr_Beefy
    Man o man, God bless the fanboys.(hardcore gamers)....I thought this was a thread about hype in videogames ,not a playstation 2 bashing....Give me a break..we all fell for the hype...I prepaid for my playstation 2 and i went thru a year of crappy games...but i stayed with my system..now i couldn't be happier.....Now i am the proud owner of an xbox....and just like the ps2 a year later..we are starting to get some great games.. I think that hype is an very important part of gaming..it makes people aware of your game or system..Hype equals sales......the xbox is in need of a bit of hype.....couldn't hurt
    Sony left a bad taste in my mouth and pretend that everything was peaches and cream hell they even produced a shortage of memory cards so they can dump their hdd add-on. does Sony think were stupid? not me i'm not buying into Sony ever again. at least thats how i feel now and when MS brings out Xbox next thats how i'll feel then, i'm most confident.

I remember that ,FuNkY mOnK....to this day i'm thinking the shortage was made up...i admit sony played all of us with the so called shortage story..and add lttle hype spin...shake well and Bam!!!...instant sales. Okay..i guess that sony has alot to answer for......but you have to admit the hype machine worked perfectly.
    Meanwhile back at the Ranch,Bificus Beefy AKA Evil_Dr_Beefy and his henchmen The Big Dipper Beast plot the destruction of their arch nemesis Spaceboy

Originally posted by Evil_Dr_Beefy
    I remember that ,FuNkY mOnK....to this day i'm thinking the shortage was made up...i admit sony played all of us with the so called shortage story..and add lttle hype spin...shake well and Bam!!!...instant sales. Okay..i guess that sony has alot to answer for......but you have to admit the hype machine worked perfectly.
    The hype machine worked damn flawlessly, do you actually think that the ps2 shortage was real, no way jose, they created a feeding frenzy something MS should do like drop the price of xbox down to 100.00 for two months, man at that price i'm sure all of us here would probably pick up a spare.

Thread Information