Thread: It has gotten to me

Default It has gotten to me

This has really gotten to me now. I have lived through it for a while, thinking it would get better, but NO! It hasn't got better, hasn't gotten any better at all. I can put in a perfectly new game and it will give me the dirty disk error. I would like to play the X-Box without worrying about the error everytime time I put in a game. The games always pause in the middle and take a few seconds to start back up. Microsoft needs to be aware that about 22,000,000 people are having the same problem. I bought mine for $300 with nothing but a controller and cords. Now you can get them for $199 with 2 games and a controller, plus, not nearly as many problems. Am I just over reacting or is this bothering everyone (that has the problem)?

Just take it to walmart for an exchange. The old XB's as you know have trouble with the DVD. Tell Walmart that you got it for Xmas and that its new and just messing up. Do it late when younge ppl R working there. I just would not site on my ass waiting for time to heal this, get out there and lie to get a new one. Also I beleive MS is fixing them for free now if the first idea does not work. Good luck.
    Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

what is it with me ???? everydamn time a new system comes out i end up paying like 50-60$ extra i bought my xbox for 350$

Yea I called Xbox Technical Service place, and they are doing it all for free. So that is good, then it is under another 60 day warranty plus extended if I need it, but I might go try that beore the 9th(expected date to get box). Argh.. I don't have my X-box BOX that it came in. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Ryan Sanders; 01-04-2003 at 12:19 AM.

try a cd cleaner .. (brush version though) hehe
    Scared ? You will be.

Default Re: It has gotten to me

Yes, you are over-reacting.

1) There are not 22,000,000 people with this problem. There are not even 22,000,000 Xbox's out there. You could combine the number of Xbox's, PS2's, Gamecubes, and Dreamcasts and still not come up with 22,000,000. There are maybe 8 people with this problem, and they just merely called tech support or realized that the console is over a year old and just bought another one.

2) Yes, you did pay $300 for it. But that was over a year ago. I paid $25,000 for my Jeep last year. I can go buy the same Jeep for $18,000 now. That's how it works. Sorry. It's the same with PS2, Gamecube, computers, or almost anything.

Originally posted by Ryan Sanders
    This has really gotten to me now. I have lived through it for a while, thinking it would get better, but NO! It hasn't got better, hasn't gotten any better at all. I can put in a perfectly new game and it will give me the dirty disk error. I would like to play the X-Box without worrying about the error everytime time I put in a game. The games always pause in the middle and take a few seconds to start back up. Microsoft needs to be aware that about 22,000,000 people are having the same problem. I bought mine for $300 with nothing but a controller and cords. Now you can get them for $199 with 2 games and a controller, plus, not nearly as many problems. Am I just over reacting or is this bothering everyone (that has the problem)?

I guess you have never heard of sarcasm about the 22,000,000 people with this problem. There isn't just 8 either, everyone I know that got a Xbox when I did has this problem also.

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

Originally posted by Insane Jester
    try a cd cleaner .. (brush version though) hehe
    Yes, those work. I have had Deathrow freeze about 5 times in a row, ran a brush type lens cleaner and it worked fine ever since...at least for deathrow...but then again, I have my xbox in a place that has more dust than the adverage living room or whatever, so im gonna have to borrow that lens cleaner off my friend again...

Thread Information