Thread: PS2 getting Everquest?

Default PS2 getting Everquest?

Maybe this is old news to some of you, but I just found out that everquest is coming out for the PS2 in February. It will be a whole new world with new quests and everything. Structured to play over PS2's modems online.

First of all, this sucks so bad because EQ would have been so much better over Xbox's internet.
    But I think EQ is made by Sony so there isn't much Microsoft could do anyway. I just hope Xbox has some good MMORPS on the way so I don't feel like Im missin out.

I saw some screenshots and it looked lame compared to current MMORPGs (on PC). Are there any MMORPGs in the works for the XBOX? I saw a few listings in a magazine - but I saw listings for Fable over a year ago and it's still a LONG way off.

MMORPG's coming to XBox:
    Star Wars Galaxies (Not sure if Space expansion will be included)
    Release - Late 2003
    True Fantasy Live Online
    Release - Late 2003/Early 2004
    Release in Japan - Prolly tomorrow
    Green = Good
    Red = Sucks
    I own all of the following games
    Halo, Crimson Sea, MechAssault, Unreal Championship, Ghost Recon, Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, Morrowind, Blinx, Dead or Alive 3, NFL Fever 2002, NFL Fever 2003, Rallisport Challenge, Jet Set Radio Future, Max Payne, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, Whacked!, Splinter Cell, Capcom vs. SNK 2: EO, Phantasy Star Online (preorder)
    NightCaster, Blood Wake, Fuzion Frenzy, Hitman 2, Medal of Honor: Frontline, Dave Mirra BMX 2, Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee, Totaled!
    Wish List: (Until Summer)
    Panzer Dragoon Orta, Dead or Alive: XTreme Beach Volleyball, Sea Dogs 2, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Return to Castle Wolfenstien, Midtown Madness 3, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero

Hidden Content Former Xbox Live Beta Tester.

I heard from people that tested the game said it was awful.. They said stick to the PC versions of the game.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

Ah, Everquest for PS2. Yea I've heard about it for a while, but I havent had the desire to play it. I used to play the PC version and it just took too long to get into and get to the fun parts. Plus, I have ADD so it's really hard for me to get into a game like that, which has you doing the same stuff over and over, and stay into it for more than just a few days.

Oh, ADD = Attention Deficit Disorder, makes it hard for you to pay attention to stuff for a long time.
    Fav Teams -

NFL - Bucaneers, Ravens, Eagles
    NBA - Mavericks, Kings, Pistons
    NHL - Avalanche, Flyers, Red Wings
    MLB - Orioles, Indians

thats why i hate ps2 so damn much they usually always land contracts for bad ass games.but its most likely gona suck ass for ps2 for a few reasons.the graphics power of the ps2 is no were near the computers version and if its for narrow band its gona be a ***** wrestling with the modem so itll stop kickin you off and stop lagging and ****.

The game did turn out to be terrible. EGM didn't like te game at all. However, I still se the Playstation 2 as a great console. If anyone wants a new RPG for PS2, I say get Xenosaga.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

i got selected to beta test EQ for the ps2. although i no have a ps2 right now so i never bothered, i heard it wasnt that great.

Xba's Official Hierarch TheCovenant's Avatar

sony online entertainment is making this game, as well as star wars galaxies for the xbox.........

i think this is very bizarre.................
    Don't RTFM me! I already RTFMed, okay!

That is what I am waiting for MMORPG's star wars galaxies and true fantasy look breath taking this is what the Xbox needs more than one RPG.
    Fore!!
    Don't force me to flush you down the toilet!
    Aka: Communist Golfer

Originally posted by Red Tonkin 2
    That is what I am waiting for MMORPG's star wars galaxies and true fantasy look breath taking this is what the Xbox needs more than one RPG.
    yea i dont know why but true fantasy live online's cell shading looks great, yet im a big time hater of celda's new look.

very bizarre indeed...

Ive actually been playing EQ for ps2 since first day :P

I've also played EQPC for 3 years before hand...and there is many differences, good and bad.

Graphic wise its not on par with other games out there, but I'm still playing... it's not terribly bad, but not the #1 game I've played either.. Dont even bother trying it un;ess you get a usb keyboard..its supposed to be a social game...

Only thing I really find aggrivating, are all the 12 year olds playing, that have no manners or keyboard and like to KS/camp steal :P
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

this game can't be doing to well. EB is giving it away for free if you buy a PS2 network adapter. It looks horrible. I played EQ for several years and I couldn't imagine taking a step backwards to play this. Hopefully they won't try to port this over to the xbox unless they modify it alot.

Originally posted by thedrisc
    this game can't be doing to well. EB is giving it away for free if you buy a PS2 network adapter. It looks horrible. I played EQ for several years and I couldn't imagine taking a step backwards to play this. Hopefully they won't try to port this over to the xbox unless they modify it alot.
    Hasn't been out for 7 years And dont expect it on Xbox anytime soon, its a Sony Game.

MY theory is that Sony is paying EB to give them for free with adapters, so that they can up their user base and compete, not just on EQ, but LIVE vs Adapter.

And it is doing decent. At launch there were 4 servers, and they announced more are ready if needed. Each server they said has aprox about a 3000 user at a time capasity or so... So thats 12,000 people playing already because they just opened a 5th server.

Anything with the EQ logo will remotely do well just cause of its user base.. Hell, EQPC just opened another server too... so..
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

please read again. I said several not "seven."

I know everquest is a sony game but so is galaxies. When it comes to money one never knows what a company will do. With only 12,000 subscriptions the temptation of 350,000 online users may be too great. Of course this is just an opinion.

First dude to buy KOTOR

Do you have to pay a monthly fee for EQ Adventures?
    Page 27: Good traders list, traded with: Brevity
    [Force Choke] You will show me the proper respect!

Yes, the standard...I think its 9.95 or 12.95 a month US, cant remember...
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Originally posted by Variation
    Yes, the standard...I think its 9.95 or 12.95 a month US, cant remember...

blows huh? if i do get a subscription game, i will only get one. which sucks, kinda. it willprobably be galaxies, but what if true fantasy live online is really good? oh, darn it, i hate monthly fee's.......

Im oblivios to it after paying it for 3 years on EQPC, then abit on DAOC, then AC2...now EQOA.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Thread Information