Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quantum Redshift

Talking Quantum Redshift

Well I just bought the game yesterday and it is sooooo extremely wicked!!!!! The graphics are at top notch, as well as the in game effects like the rain drops on the camera lens slidin off. The tracks are good as well, i especially liked the one where u jump off a big mountain into the water (u feel as if your flying). The best about the game is the sense of speed, even if your in novice mode you still feel like your going 300 mph. I just can't wait to unlock the ultimate level "Redshift"!!!!!!!!!!!!!. This game has got not too good reviews on some top xbox sites, i really thing the reviewers should play the game more and give it another rating, in my perspective i give the game a 9/10 only that it lacks the xboxl live capability. This game is a definite buy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just rented it today, and I gotta agree it's looking quite good so far. Graphics are amazing, but I do have a few gripes about them. First, you can see the drivers in their ****pits, but they look really awkward (like little toys). Plus the water-bead effects can get really annoying at times. It is cool after you've gone into a lake or something. But on Yuri's level, it's constantly raining, and it's friggin' hard to see.

Gameplay I've experienced so far is flawless. I've been playing through on Novice so far, learning the ropes, building up my characters. There's a strategy aspect, too. You need to hang back a little and fight the other racers to pad your final score (you get more points by fighting).
    By the way, does the right-thumbstick do anything? There isn't a conrol layout in the options screen and I was curious.

My favorite thing, though, is that the characters speak their native languanges: Americans speak English, Austrian characters speak German, Russian characters speak Russian, etc. Moreover, the starting light is also in the appropriate country's language. It's really, very sweet.
    Hidden Content
    Sychotic Quote for the Whenever: "Leave it to Americans to think that "no" means "yes," "****ed" means "angry," and "curse word" means something other than a word that's cursed!"

I got this game yesterday. I've only completed the first three tracks, but so far I love it. You get a real sense of speed. My right hand was really cramping up using the controller-S, however. I'm going to try the standard controller next time.

Can you turn off the weapons and win because of your driving skills?

You have to unlock a no-weapons Easter Egg first, but yes you can do that.

I don really think the right thumbstick does anything, i've tried it during racing but does nothin. I'm on the expert level and i've unlocked all the characters nemesis, but there is one hidden character and his nemesis, and two hidden tracks tha i have no idea to unlock, i'm tryin to beat the expert level with Tara to unlock the redshift level, i'm just tryin to figure out how to unlock the secret character and secret track!

If you put your cursor on (or highlight) the track you want to open, or the character you want to unlock, then the game will tell you how to do it. It will be displayed in text at the bottom of the screen. I believe you've got to complete Master level with everyone to unlock Redshift and Master with the original characters to unlock the course you're talking about...but double-check it by doing what I described above.

Yeah arvin your right i unlocked the secret stage already and i'm workin to unlock Da Bekill and his nemesis, his nemesis looks really cool it's this guy who looks like ice man from x-men, when the game starts and u see the opening movie you'll see him in one of the scenes, he looks really awesome, anyway i'm workin on beatin master mode with everyone. I've already beat it with Tara to unlock Draco island (very wicked stage!!!!).

Ive been lookin at this game for awhile, and reading everyones oppinions on it. Only gripes ive seen is the lack of tracks?

Im probably going to rent this game next weekend (thanksgiving weekend for us canadians), to keep me busy, and away from the relatives. lol

What kind of replay value is there? How well does the difficulty progress? Is it actually worth buying? or am i going to have it beat in a day?

Whatever info will be appriciated

~~~XboXPrYdE!!~~~

Originally posted by Carnage
    What kind of replay value is there? How well does the difficulty progress? Is it actually worth buying? or am i going to have it beat in a day? Whatever info will be appriciated
    I bought it, but looking back, I'd say it would be worth buying for about $30, maybe $35, but not $50. Replay value? Depends on how much you like going fast, faster, and even faster along the same track, with the opponents increasingly challenging. Depends how much you like racers in general. For me, there's not a lot of replay value -- I pop it in now and again, play for 10 or 15 minutes, then put it away for a week or so.

thanks for the info, Arven. This was what i was afraid of.
    Ill still rent it, just to have the experience

~~~XboXPrYdE!!~~~

Yeah the game can get on your last nerve, i've been playin the game on the master level, i don know if i'm crap or what but it would take hours to beat one stage on the master level and by that time i'd be sooo stressed out! it just seems like the other racers are going 100 mph faster than you are, the only way to go faster than them is to use your turbo. I can say the replay value is alright, Arven gave it a good say, trus me this is not a game for people who don't want to a challenge ( unless i really suck )

I believe this game is just the right difficulty. It isn't an easy win, but it isn't impossible either. It keeps me coming back for more day after day.

I like the variety of tracks. I don't know how many you consider sufficient, but I am satisfied. There aren't as many tracks as RSC, but the QR tracks are like giant playgrounds with a lot of variety and imagination.

This game has a lot of replay value for me. I can't wait to try multiplayer.

i just rented this game last week, it could REALLY use xbox live. the graphics are awesome and its fun to play for a couple hours.
    Hidden Content

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Nelson Mandela

I love Quantum Redshift. It's my seventh best Xbox game.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

i got this game a few weeks ago for $25 brand new at gamestop . and for the price i paid i thought it was going to be a crap game . but for the price i said what the hell i give it a shot.well i have to tell you its a great racing game and well worth $25 .

Quantom Redshift is awsome I beat the whole game and it gives you a new track which is awsome I think this is the 2nd best racing game on Xbox!!!!
    Freakman just beat you on Live!

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

I got it for 8 bucks the other day. (traded in 2 games)

Anyway, i think its great. I beat it with every pilot on the second difficulty, but the second character's ship sucks big hairy balls, so its extremely hard to win the race on the jap track...

Anyway, I put in the cheat codes and the 2 guys that you get to unlock have bad ships also, and the Drago Island track I dont like...the other one is ok, but not my style, so I really dont care if I unlock those.

I felt that Quantum Redshift was one of the most underrated videogames. I gave QR third place for Xbox game of the year on my website. Blinx got first and GV got second.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

Originally posted by Burning Ranger
    I felt that Quantum Redshift was one of the most underrated videogames.
    Damn right...that and Deathrow.

Thread Information