Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: boiling your games????????

Default boiling your games????????

my amped freestyle is givin me the dirty errors, i think i will boil it in water, how long do i put it in for? and does it have to be bubble boiling hot? thanx
    chill out homes! $%$

Games I have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Metal gear solid 2: Substance, Max Payne, Deathrow, Rallisport Challenge, Hitman 2: Silent Assasin,
    The Thing, Gun Valkyrie, Amped: Freestyle, JSRF, Blood Wake, Wreckless, Enclave, Sega GT 2002, Blood Omen 2, Silent Hill 2, THPS 2X, Hunter: The Reckoning, All Star Baseball 2003, NHL 2002, NFL Fever 2002, NBA Live 2002

"Bought an xbox to nerd out and get away from drugs"

Why are you gonna boil it?
    Yes in order for something to be boiling it has to be bubbling.
    Hidden Content
    Props for the sweet sig to xbocks.

It might not be good to boil a regulat game disc. The only things I boil are OXM Demo Disk. Anyway, pour water into a pot, when it bubbles, place the disc in. Let the disc boil on one side for 30 seconds, then flip it over and boil the other side for 30 seconds. Afterwards, get out a t-shirt and dry the disc off. Try to be careful and not scratch the disc.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

lol..why don't u just go buy a new copy? theyre only 15$ now..

Originally posted by Xbox Owner
    lol..why don't u just go buy a new copy? theyre only 15$ now..
    That's what I'd just do. If boiling works for me, it might work for him also.

However, I'm not responsible if the boiling the disc methofd doesn't work for you. If a new game I buy doesn't work, I take it back to the place I bought it at.
    Now Playing

BOILING?! Are you serious?!
    Hidden Content "Stack dead actors, stacked to the rafters
    Line up the b*stards all I want is the truth"

Default what the hell

okay first of all i live in BC canada in the woods n **** so thats another 10 bucks cause i get them online. so thats 25 Dollars id rather see what the **** is going on... now, i guess its only burning ranger that does this method? no one else does it, esp not actual full game discs? well in that case im not going to take a chance. il just turn on off the xbox for 10 times until it reads the disc. thanx anyways...
    chill out homes! $%$

Metal gear solid 2: Substance, Max Payne, Deathrow, Rallisport Challenge, Hitman 2: Silent Assasin,
    The Thing, Gun Valkyrie, Amped: Freestyle, JSRF, Blood Wake, Wreckless, Enclave, Sega GT 2002, Blood Omen 2, Silent Hill 2, THPS 2X, Hunter: The Reckoning, All Star Baseball 2003, NHL 2002, NFL Fever 2002, NBA Live 2002

As far as I know, the boiling disc thing is for OXM discs only. Its used to remove a protective coating on the disc that makes it hard for the Xbox to read the disc. Regular game discs don't have that sticky film on them so I don't think boiling them would do anything at all.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

rofl @ boiling cds .. sounds like a medevil torture thing ... just give it a wipe with a soft cloth or some sort .. i carnt stop laughing at the thought of u lowering the cd into boiling water ...
    Scared ? You will be.

Originally posted by J Dub
    BOILING?! Are you serious?!
    I heard during the summertime it worked so I decided to try it out.
    Now Playing

Gamerscore Whore

Supposedly the dirty disc error has to do with the dvd drive in the xbox not the disks. Microsoft is replacing drives for people all over the US due to this problem. So obvioulsy there is an issue somewhere.

Boiling disks was meant for the beat disks in the beginning. Then folks began using it for the OXM disks to. I would suggest you really think about boiling your developer games before doing so.

Default ???????????

mhhh. so everyone elses copy of amped works fine. i guess il return it then!!cause last night i had to boot up my xbox like 20 times until the cd worked!! i was like ****!!! lol... owell, i could try boiling it first, and if it still doesn't fix it, il return it!
    chill out homes! $%$

Dude, I think it's your Xbox. If I were you I'd phone tech support and find out if they'll replace your drive for you.

Default well mhhh

Originally posted by J Dub
    Dude, I think it's your Xbox. If I were you I'd phone tech support and find out if they'll replace your drive for you.

but im not ready to ship it away!! its not fair.. its only this game, and it works sometimes, i have owned an xbox for only 2 weeks, its just too soon! plus i have all this crap on my hard drive
    il just boil it, return it...get a new one
    chill out homes! $%$

dude im crazy enough to boil my halo disc! It works really good now. Only leave it in the water for 20 secs...

I heard that playing Halo for two hours straight will fix it. now its up to you to do the research i'm to tired.

Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
    I heard that playing Halo for two hours straight will fix it. now its up to you to do the research i'm to tired.
    That must of been a rumor although Halo is by best working Xbox game. Who told you that?
    Now Playing

Originally posted by Burning Ranger
    That must of been a rumor although Halo is by best working Xbox game. Who told you that?
    The boys at EB, they had gotten a memo from MS that playing halo for two hours will erase certain parts of memory when finished that other and most games leave behind causing DDE.

Dude, if you've only had your Xbox for 2 weeks, return it and get a new one that works properly. You won't have to ship it away. You can just exchange the Xbox.

Default well...

well i boiled the disc... didn't do much! lol, whenever i get it to work i just play it lots...il get a new game though. im wouldn't return the xbox cause that would take me a week too! plus i purchased the 2 year warranty. i live in the boonies, so u gotta look at that a different way. thanx though all u guys... it took me a year to finally get myself an xbox you know! everyday ever since the day xbox came out i was lookin at all the games previews, reviews, for hours and hours at least.. propably totalling a good 200 hours of xbox browsing! and i didn't even own one at the time! lol kay thanx gotta go, home alone for a week... xbox time. lol i only own sega gt 2002, jsrf, amped!!!!argh!!!, metal gear: substance, blood omen 2. all the other games work fine by the way and never have once failed me!, it must be the disc or something... well see when i get a new amped cd!
    chill out homes! $%$

Thread Information