Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft poised to take over the gaming industry!

Default Microsoft poised to take over the gaming industry!

With the acquisition of Rare, we are getting great exclusive liscenses such as Perfect Dark, Conker, and others. And we are also getting the developers that have made these liscences notable.

But it looks like MSFT is looking to acquire at least 4 more developers: Blizzard, Sierra, Capcom, and Midway.

Blizzard would provide licenses like WarCraft, StarCraft, and Diablo. All of those games are well known in PC gaming cirlces, and most of the PC gamers favor Xbox to other consoles.

Sierra's major contribution would be the Liesure Suit Larry licence. One of the most popular cult favorites of all time, Liesure Suit Larry would fit the Xbox's demographic perfectly, and would no doubt be one of the biggest games to debut on the system.

Capcom is an enormous company, and is a notorious Sony supporter. However, if MSFT were to acquire it, we would get great exclusives such as Devil May Cry, Street Fighter, and Resident Evil.

Midway would also attract a large audience to the Xbox with it's licenses. The sports games such as Blitz and Hitz are very popular amongst casual sports fans. Mortal Kombat, which is the most acclaimed fighting game to be released this year, would be huge. Other arcade style games would also carve out a nich with gamers.

If any/all of these buyout rumors are true, Xbox could quickly become the most popular console on the market. But despite all of this promise, one simple move would turn the tides faster than all four of these: MSFT buy out Take 2 Games, makers or GTA, Max Payne, Midnight Club, Smugglers Run, Serious Sam, State of Emergency, Mafia, etc. Too bad they are Sony marks.

Own:
    Halo, NBA 2K3, NFL 2K3, Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, Splinter Cell, FIFA World Cup 2002, Tony Hawk 2x, Dead to Rights, Sega GT/JSRF, Two Towers
    Sold:
    Max Payne, Morrowind, NFL Fever 2002, NHL Hitz 2002, Unreal Championship, NBA 2K2, Project Gotham Racing, Enclave, Hunter: The Reckoning, JSFR, Amped
    Want:
    BC, Blinx, Breed, Brute Force, Deus Ex II, Doom III, Fable, Halo 2, Loose Cannon, Mafia, Ninja Gaiden, Perfect Dark 0, Star Wars: KOTOR, Star Wars Jedi Outcast, True Crime, GTA 3x(wishful thining, but I wanna own it). 2003 is gonna be the year of the XBOX!
    Hate:
    Unreal Championship, Project Gotham Racing, NFL Fever, NBA Inside Drive, WWF Raw, JSRF, SSX Tricky, Madden, NBA Live, Enclave, Bruce Lee, Smashing Drive, Medal of Honor: Frontline, Metal Gear Solid Substance, Prisoner of War, more to come...

I'd like Microsoft to be number 1 but I don't want a monopoly. If there is a monopoly, Microsoft can charge what they want and bring a new videogame system whenever they want. They could even force people to upgrade their systems each year.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

And you got this information where.....
    That would be sweet if M$ bought Capcom and Sierra.
    Proud owner of NES, SNES, Genisis, Saturn, PSX, N64, Dreamcast, Kiddycube, PS2 & Xbox

Hidden Content

XBL TAGS: Hydro Blast, Black Inferno, Ekstatik

I want Microsoft to buy Sega, Konami, Namco, Capcom, Game Arts, Treasure, and Hudson Soft. I'd like my Xbox more than anything if that was true.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

lol I don't believe it at all. Where the hell did you get this information?

me=nonbeliever.

looks more like capcom is siding with nintendo if ya ask me....RE0,RE1(remake),RE4 being exclusive and all them cool looking exclusive capcom games coming out only on nintendo.....looks to me if anybody is buying capcom it will be nintendo

Originally posted by VenoM
    looks more like capcom is siding with nintendo if ya ask me....RE0,RE1(remake),RE4 being exclusive and all them cool looking exclusive capcom games coming out only on nintendo.....looks to me if anybody is buying capcom it will be nintendo
    Well yes that is most likely but i don't think nobody is going to buy Capcom, didn't they state that they will not be for sale?

Where did you hear that infermation because if it was true that would be sweat

I don't know if it's a good idea to buy developers. Third-party support is extremely important.
    Hidden Content "Stack dead actors, stacked to the rafters
    Line up the b*stards all I want is the truth"

I'm doubting any of those buyouts will happen in the near future......or at all.

Originally posted by wweomaniac
    lol I don't believe it at all. Where the hell did you get this information?

me=nonbeliever.
    Nothing's concrete, and to be honest I never claimed to have any insider information or anything. But ever since Xbox came out, I've been hearing stories about MS buying each of these developers at one time or another. They DID buy Rare, so why wouldn't they buy any of these. The one that I have proof of is that they were seriously considering buying out Capcom. I saw/heard it with my two eyes/ears on CNBC about a week ago. The others are just gossip that I've heard or read about.

Own:
    Halo, NBA 2K3, NFL 2K3, Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, Splinter Cell, FIFA World Cup 2002, Tony Hawk 2x, Dead to Rights, Sega GT/JSRF, Two Towers
    Sold:
    Max Payne, Morrowind, NFL Fever 2002, NHL Hitz 2002, Unreal Championship, NBA 2K2, Project Gotham Racing, Enclave, Hunter: The Reckoning, JSFR, Amped
    Want:
    BC, Blinx, Breed, Brute Force, Deus Ex II, Doom III, Fable, Halo 2, Loose Cannon, Mafia, Ninja Gaiden, Perfect Dark 0, Star Wars: KOTOR, Star Wars Jedi Outcast, True Crime, GTA 3x(wishful thining, but I wanna own it). 2003 is gonna be the year of the XBOX!
    Hate:
    Unreal Championship, Project Gotham Racing, NFL Fever, NBA Inside Drive, WWF Raw, JSRF, SSX Tricky, Madden, NBA Live, Enclave, Bruce Lee, Smashing Drive, Medal of Honor: Frontline, Metal Gear Solid Substance, Prisoner of War, more to come...

I wouldn't want MS to buy Capcom because I NEED GAMES FOR PS2 AND GC. Plus Capcom knows that the real money is in multi-platforms. But some companies :cough.EA.cough: won't get it through their heads.
    Hidden Content
    Now Playing: Pantera - Cemetary Gates

Craziest Mofo in the XBA Crazy Joe's Avatar

blizzard and sierra are for sale, along all other parts of the bigger company they belong to, i forget the name, but EA, Sony and Microsoft are all after it, so it will be interesting to see who gets them

Vivendi is the name you were looking for

MS can flash the big bucks to get what they need.
    Hidden Content

You guys, love to make those Xbox pep rally cheerleader threads don't you?......Listen up , look and listen.....Microsoft can flash as much cash as the want...buy up as many software houses as the need...and still not take over the gaming world....This it's not the PC world, bucko!!! Untill they( microsoft) gets off of their @ss...and focuses on makeing fun games, not ports......not pretty games , with lousy gameplay (wreckless, murakumo).....and fill up on first person shooters... Guys !!! the USA is not the world!!! You must try to apeal to a much broader array of gaming tastes....thru marketing, mass marketing and dare i say it...HYPE!!! Listening to a bunch of yahoos on a forum, and believeing your own press won't get you to the promised land.
    Meanwhile back at the Ranch,Bificus Beefy AKA Evil_Dr_Beefy and his henchmen The Big Dipper Beast plot the destruction of their arch nemesis Spaceboy

Well bucko I didn't say MS was going to monopolize gaming. IF they did then there would be no point because there wouldn't be any competition. No competition means no good stuff being released. But are you implying that MS shouldn't buy a company that's up for grabs? Obviously you haven't heard of capitolism.

Hidden Content

I heard of it..and in some ways we are a victims of it......
    Meanwhile back at the Ranch,Bificus Beefy AKA Evil_Dr_Beefy and his henchmen The Big Dipper Beast plot the destruction of their arch nemesis Spaceboy

Yes we are, but what can be done about it?...............Absolutely nothing.
    Hidden Content

Thread Information