Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official Xbox Magazine rip off?

Default Official Xbox Magazine rip off?

How much do u have to pay for official xbox magazine? i know its like 25 bucks or so, but is it monthly 25 bucks or yearly 25 bucks for 12 issues?

To me, that is an excellnt deal. You get a demo CD in each issue. For Play Magazine, it is $24.95 for 12 issues. But that magazine is very un-biased and very good. The Official Playstation 2 Magazine has a demo disk each month and it is $39.95. OXM is a steal at the price.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

Its a yearly 25 bucks. ($24.95) Its a great deal. Its 7 bucks at walmart, and its only like 3 dollars if you subscribe.

i kinda like xbn better than oxm. but i subscribe to oxm. and my blockbuster has xbn, so i sometimes buy it if it looks like a good issue

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

I get OXM cause it has alot of info...however, that info is either old or easy to find on IGN or something...

if OXM dosent bring back the top 10 plays, I will keep bugging them until they do, that was the best part of the whole demo disc.

I think that OXM is worth the $25 because of the demos. I like playing the demos on the disk, and they have actually changed my mind about a few games. The info inside is also good, and I like when they have long articles on games (like the MGS2:S thing in August) My subscription just ended and I renewed it, and think it was worth it.

it sucks when the discs dont work. ive had 2 DDE's (it wasnt my xbox's fault), and on the last issue, the disc was all cracked. its annoying having to wait another month to get the disc, when it should have worked in the first place.

Default Re: Official Xbox Magazine rip off?

Originally posted by xbox genius
    How much do u have to pay for official xbox magazine? i know its like 25 bucks or so, but is it monthly 25 bucks or yearly 25 bucks for 12 issues?
    You must be joking. In Canada if you buy the magazine from the news-stand you get (including tax) exactly TWO issues. It's about $75 CDN for a year. Quit complaining. You have it good.

Originally posted by Snoopy7548
    it sucks when the discs dont work. ive had 2 DDE's (it wasnt my xbox's fault), and on the last issue, the disc was all cracked. its annoying having to wait another month to get the disc, when it should have worked in the first place.
    I haven't had a working OXM demo disk since the August 2002 issue. I have had to boil all my disc to get them to work. I couldn't even get them to work on my repaired Xbox. I still had to boil them. I just wonder if that's the reason the magazine is cheap. The demo disk aren't supposed to work.
    Now Playing

Wondering Around

i dunno why so many peoples discs dont work... i've never had trouble with any of my disks. For the cracked disk issue, you might want to look at your post office. They may have done something to the magazine that caused the disc to break.

Originally posted by EHWfedPres
    I get OXM cause it has alot of info...however, that info is either old or easy to find on IGN or something...

if OXM dosent bring back the top 10 plays, I will keep bugging them until they do, that was the best part of the whole demo disc.
    they cut those out???????? man that sucks

Originally posted by Burning Ranger
    To me, that is an excellnt deal. You get a demo CD in each issue. For Play Magazine, it is $24.95 for 12 issues. But that magazine is very un-biased and very good. The Official Playstation 2 Magazine has a demo disk each month and it is $39.95. OXM is a steal at the price.
    is play magazine multiplatform? cuz i only want xbox mags, if it is only xbox magazine does it have a demo disc?

oh and xbox nation have demo disc too?

Originally posted by Shannon-XBA
    i dunno why so many peoples discs dont work... i've never had trouble with any of my disks. For the cracked disk issue, you might want to look at your post office. They may have done something to the magazine that caused the disc to break.

Well your 1 lucky S.O.B Shannon, cause I have had atleast 3 defected discs since I have been a subscriber.

I think OXM is a joke, there issues barely reach (if even dat) 100 pages.
    And even the disc that work are garbage.

OXM is trash.

As a matter of fact, ever since Next Generation Magazine got canceled I have not been happy at all.

these ***s want me in court for not ****ing paying them 24.95 i only recieved two issues wtf? what can i do?

is play magazine multiplatform? cuz i only want xbox mags, if it is only xbox magazine does it have a demo disc?

oh and xbox nation have demo disc too?
    Play does not have demo disk and they are a multi-platform magazine. I brought them up because they really respect Xbox and all systems exactly the same. They give out excellent reviews. The gave Blinx a 5/5, PD Orta 5/5, Gun Valkyrie 5/5, GTA Vice City 4/5, etc. They gave all my favorite games high scores. It also has an anime section in the back.
    Now Playing

Originally posted by VeNoMiZA
    these ***s want me in court for not ****ing paying them 24.95 i only recieved two issues wtf? what can i do?
    just say that you nevered recieved yours yet... say that they might of sent the mags to a different person on accident... at least thats what i did and i got 2 issues for free, but of course i canceled my subscription after that...

Originally posted by Burning Ranger
    Play does not have demo disk and they are a multi-platform magazine. I brought them up because they really respect Xbox and all systems exactly the same. They give out excellent reviews. The gave Blinx a 5/5, PD Orta 5/5, Gun Valkyrie 5/5, GTA Vice City 4/5, etc. They gave all my favorite games high scores. It also has an anime section in the back.
    hey... those review scores are pretty good except i have no idea whats gun valkyrie is like... but tahts really good. where can i get this mag?

i'd get EGM instead. Some claim they are biased, but I dont think so, and they have great articles.

hey... those review scores are pretty good except i have no idea whats gun valkyrie is like... but tahts really good. where can i get this mag?
    Check a bookstore, EB, or Gamestop. They have the magazine. A few of my local stores are starting to carry it now.
    Now Playing

Originally posted by EHWfedPres

The top ten were pathetic. Anyone one of us could pull of those moves and tricks easy. They also put in a lot of cheesy plays.

Thread Information