Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halo cheaters

Default Halo cheaters

Ive been Halo on the system link for a good year now and Im decent. Ive heard a lot about mod chips and Im pretty familar with them, but I've heard of people cheating in other ways. I play everynight on system-link (at a university). And Ive been getting smoked. I heard one person has some kind of display that connects through his controller. (Maybe like te old Dreamcast controllers??) and I heard another guy connects his XBox through his computer and it tells when the power ups come back, when the rocket launchers and sniper rifles come back adn where people respawn. I dont plan on cheating but Im interested to know what they are doing. Anyone have anymore info on this?????

BinaryXtreme

No but I was playing with a couple of kids one day and they were telling me that they had there XBOX linked to their pc somehow and can screw with game settings and Live that way. We were playing Wolfenstein and he says " hey mister, don't believe me, watch this, he disappears and floats over me and my XBOX freezes and makes this terrible buzzing noise. I've had bad experiences with cheats on Recon too. I know there is a mod chip that you can install that not only boots gamers from a server but freezes the XBOX too so you have to turn it off and restart it. Just sucks.

Default Re: Halo cheaters

Originally posted by Docta Jizay
    Ive been Halo on the system link for a good year now and Im decent. Ive heard a lot about mod chips and Im pretty familar with them, but I've heard of people cheating in other ways. I play everynight on system-link (at a university). And Ive been getting smoked. I heard one person has some kind of display that connects through his controller. (Maybe like te old Dreamcast controllers??) and I heard another guy connects his XBox through his computer and it tells when the power ups come back, when the rocket launchers and sniper rifles come back adn where people respawn. I dont plan on cheating but Im interested to know what they are doing. Anyone have anymore info on this?????
    Perhaps you aren't as good as you thought you were?

People have a hard time accepting the fact that other people are better than them.

Whenever i play UT2004, I'm constantly being told I'm a bot, or invincible.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by BinaryXtreme
    No but I was playing with a couple of kids one day and they were telling me that they had there XBOX linked to their pc somehow and can screw with game settings and Live that way. We were playing Wolfenstein and he says " hey mister, don't believe me, watch this, he disappears and floats over me and my XBOX freezes and makes this terrible buzzing noise. I've had bad experiences with cheats on Recon too. I know there is a mod chip that you can install that not only boots gamers from a server but freezes the XBOX too so you have to turn it off and restart it. Just sucks.
    This isn't a mod chip - but the wonderful Action Replay - it has altered save files that are being used to screw with the settings in the game - i.e. glowy names that automatically lock up the server when they come in, floating, god mode, unlimited air strikes. This is why I only play with folks I know on RTCW.

You can NOT use a mod chip that alters the game on Live - I know what is done with it, but I'm not going to discuss that here, but find another site and learn more about it.

I kicked Caspers ass in halo, he took it like a man and didnt accuse me of cheating...

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by JJaX
    I kicked Caspers ass in halo, he took it like a man and didnt accuse me of cheating...
    Cuz I never played multi before that

But even regardless, I will admit that you were dam good - we gotta setup a nice LAN next time u come up

Originally posted by Casper-XBA

Cuz I never played multi before that

But even regardless, I will admit that you were dam good - we gotta setup a nice LAN next time u come up
    Yeah, that would be sweet.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

F.A.S.T. - The Way to Go! Caesar SYN's Avatar

That will be fun... own you... own you... wont have to listen to him ***** about the DSL Connection...jking

...but seriously... cheating has always been part of gaming... at least here it is a controlled environment and if the game developers decide to they can and should take action t ocut the cheating... I am not the best in Halo but hold my own when playing... and it is disappointing in any game area when cheating occurs...

Yeah some nice man on man action wood be sweet for you wouldnt it@?!?!?!

I...er..uh...
    Halo cheating is uncooL!
    *shrieks and runs*!

*resists urge to find out how to cheat*

Woah, sounds like it ruins the whole game. Roten cheaters...

BinaryXtreme

Originally posted by SoundX
    *resists urge to find out how to cheat*

Woah, sounds like it ruins the whole game. Roten cheaters...
    You're right. It does ruin the game for people that just love to play. I don't mind getting beat but getting cheats to beat me, please, pathetic.

Originally posted by BunnyRabbit

Yeah some nice man on man action wood be sweet for you wouldnt it@?!?!?!

I...er..uh...
    Halo cheating is uncooL!
    *shrieks and runs*!
    Chops bunny rabbit in throat

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Chops bunny rabbit in throat

Oh.. You must be using what in your code named would be called a sword.. Youre a kinky man..

I phear teh kinky! But maybe we could grab a drink or two cuz then I like it.. I think I have teh hotts for you JAX!!!!!!

-XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Seriously, that would be insane playing a System Link game of Halo with the SYN crew. I should be able to head down to E3 this year...and if any of you guys are going, maybe we should play some Halo multi-player.

Now, that would be sweet.

And Casper: You've never played Halo's multi-player? Oh man....no wonder you don't understand how bad ass Halo is!

Originally posted by Casper-XBA

You can NOT use a mod chip that alters the game on Live
    *snickers*

and I heard another guy connects his XBox through his computer and it tells when the power ups come back, when the rocket launchers and sniper rifles come back adn where people respawn.
    Yea its called timing power-ups and is used for tons of PC games too. Nothing new really and its not cheating

Default Re: Halo cheaters

Originally posted by Docta Jizay
    I heard another guy connects his XBox through his computer and it tells when the power ups come back, when the rocket launchers and sniper rifles come back adn where people respawn.
    http://nikon.bungie.org/misc/respawntimes.html

That's for the weapons and power-ups. It isn't hard to tell when or where people respawn after you play enough.

I suggest you get better!

Ok, about the timing powerups:

I do it everytime i play LAN...

We use a regular digital clock with the seconds mins, and hours, with a digital display... Then we set it for like 40 mins... example:

at Hangem High:

40:00 minutes: Everything is there
    39:00 the invis comes back
    38:00 Invis & Rocket are back
    37:00 Invis and top powerup are back

ETC ETC

Rocket: 2:00 mins
    Sniper: :30 seconds
    Invis: Each Minute
    Top Powerup (invis/overshield) 3:00

thats the times for them....

Its not cheating, its just strategy.... All the big teams do it.... nothing new

In Amber Clad

If you get beat bad on XBC, the other guy isn't cheating, they are just better than you. Trust me, no matter how good you think you are, there is someone on XBC better than you (unless yo are world champ or something) and they will be able to kill you no matter how hard you try.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Default Re: Re: Halo cheaters

Originally posted by Zero Flaw

http://nikon.bungie.org/misc/respawntimes.html

That's for the weapons and power-ups. It isn't hard to tell when or where people respawn after you play enough.

I suggest you get better!
    I've seen that before...after studying that, it definately brought my game up a half notch. Seriously...

Thread Information