Thread: Brief Brute Force Update.

Default Brief Brute Force Update.

Please diregard if you already knew this

Voodooextreme-

"Microsoft and Digital Anvil (Freelancer developers) have announced that their latest Xbox title, Brute Force will have Live support and is scheduled for Summer 2003:

Over the last few months, Brute Force developer Digital Anvil has been working on improving characteristics of the game and the game interface, resulting in an even better gameplay experience. The new features of the squad-based combat shooter include:

System Link
    - System Link supports both co-operative campaign play and head-to-head Deathmatch
    - Ability to play Deathmatch, with support of up to 16 players
    - Unique ability for up to four players to play through the entire game in co-operative mode via system link, where each player controls one of the four squad members

Downloadable Content
    - For gamers with Xbox Live, Brute Force becomes an even more "forceful" experience.
    - Key content includes new maps and campaigns. There are twelve multiplayer maps included in the Brute Force game and at least two maps scheduled for release on Xbox Live."

I REALLY REALLY can't wait for this title, I will somewhat use the system link, but this looks to be an awesome game to play with friends, and that's the first I've heard about downloading stuff off of Xbox Live, hopefully skins, maybe weapons might also be downloadable in addition to new maps and campaigns.

At least it'll be playable on XBoxconnect or Gamespy.

Official Hitman of XBA Hitman101's Avatar

XBConnect here I come !!
    Hidden Content

THE HITMAN IS BACK !!!! Yet again !!!

Why haven't they figured it out yet? If a game is capable of system link or even a 2 player mode it should be made available on LIVE. That was the purpose of the service correct? To be able to play other people in multiplayer games?
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
    If a game is capable of system link or even a 2 player mode it should be made available on LIVE. That was the purpose of the service correct? To be able to play other people in multiplayer games?
    You are correct sir. Adding Live multiplayer would boost the replay value by at least a year or two. It'd be nice to not have to deal with hooking it up through your PC and be able to do voice com.

but is this gonna be like a socom becuzz of the view???? and multiplayer mode??? deathmatch?? i smell a duke nukem time to kill part 2

bust a nut

Default Re: Brief Brute Force Update.

Originally posted by GokuX
    Please diregard if you already knew this

Voodooextreme-

"Microsoft and Digital Anvil (Freelancer developers) have announced that their latest Xbox title, Brute Force will have Live support and is scheduled for Summer 2003:

Over the last few months, Brute Force developer Digital Anvil has been working on improving characteristics of the game and the game interface, resulting in an even better gameplay experience. The new features of the squad-based combat shooter include:

System Link
    - System Link supports both co-operative campaign play and head-to-head Deathmatch
    - Ability to play Deathmatch, with support of up to 16 players
    - Unique ability for up to four players to play through the entire game in co-operative mode via system link, where each player controls one of the four squad members

Downloadable Content
    - For gamers with Xbox Live, Brute Force becomes an even more "forceful" experience.
    - Key content includes new maps and campaigns. There are twelve multiplayer maps included in the Brute Force game and at least two maps scheduled for release on Xbox Live."
    does that mean it wont be playable on live, but will be able to dl contents on live??

that blows, i dont want to play throught xbconnect bc it lags like hell, much worse than xbl

hopefully i will have cable access by then so i can kick some damn ass,,
    Scared ? You will be.

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

If it could be on there....it would have been on there. They said already it would take much longer to put into the game. At least they made it system link playable.

Although I've already seen it, this is great news. System Link sold this game to me..I doubted I was gonna buy it before. Sounds awesome now...we'll finally have a different game besides Halo to play at our LANS come this spring.

Having content download is a good step forward, now i want to actually play it online

Im definitly getting this game

Official Hitman of XBA Hitman101's Avatar

Default Re: Re: Brief Brute Force Update.

Originally posted by irule23
    does that mean it wont be playable on live, but will be able to dl contents on live??

that blows, i dont want to play throught xbconnect bc it lags like hell, much worse than xbl
    Well.....yes and no. If you hav an upload speed of at least 512kbs of upload speed you can host 4 xbox's in Halo without lag, maybe you just ran in to some crappy severs.
    Hidden Content

THE HITMAN IS BACK !!!! Yet again !!!

You could do voice com with Xboxconnect and Gamespy way as long as you run Roger Wilco on your PC as well. My friends and I had done this many a time back when we played Halo on Gamespy.

So let me get did straight, ... okay, .. um,.. err.. there is no multi-player XBL option? No online campagne?

So WTF was da delay for!?:o

bust a nut

Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
    So let me get did straight, ... okay, .. um,.. err.. there is no multi-player XBL option? No online campagne?

So WTF was da delay for!?:o
    i know, waiting for brute force for almost a year since it got delayed, and all we got is system link. with that much time, they should be able to put in live

i thought i knew for sure that the delay was that they are putting in live, i guess i was wrong. o well

system link on xbc or gamespy is like a 56ker, while live is like broadband

Originally posted by irule23
    i know, waiting for brute force for almost a year since it got delayed, and all we got is system link. with that much time, they should be able to put in live

i thought i knew for sure that the delay was that they are putting in live, i guess i was wrong. o well

system link on xbc or gamespy is like a 56ker, while live is like broadband
    it's all gravy irules, atleast we got Kung-Fu Chaos to look forward to!

it's not on LIVe, it it's gonna be funny as hell though!

oh, and on 2/12/03 we got dis to look forward to on Xbox LIVE!

UUUGGGGH'RYYYYUUU-KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!

wait a sec, .... aint dat Freddy Krugger!?

Bah, my interest in this game has hit an all time low. At first I was excited about it. Then I saw gameplay videos and it looks like the kind of game I wouldn't like, 30 people shooting at you from all directions and you only get hit once per minute. Then I find out it isn't LIVE enabled. Then I find out it never had system link which I thought it always did have. Then I find out you have to have 1 person on each xbox to total 4 players and 4 xboxes linked in order to play co-op 4 player. Maybe you can have two per xbox, maybe on a slight chance you can have 4 per box. Then I find out that the LIVE component is only downloadable content. I have serious doubts with the abilities of these developers now. I am extremely disapointed in this game thus far. I guess I will find out my final verdict when I play it, needless to say my expectations of the game will be very, very low.

What is the verdict on the number of players for multiplayer, non-co-op matches? Can you have four on one xbox? Is it only four people in total? Are there bots?

With the way this game has been coming along, expect the least of all of these options, I know I will be.
    Last edited by MerimacHamwich; 02-01-2003 at 01:16 PM.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Thread Information