Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL Fever worth buying?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PIMP

Default NFL Fever worth buying?

just was wondering If the game was worth buying.. I haven't heard anyone on this group really saying too much about It.

I have narrowed It down to either NFL Fever 2002 or Project Gotham Racing for my next game.

I currently own Cel Damage, Halo, Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee, and Fuzion Frenzy. Not to mention 3 controllers, the DVD Playback kit, and the Advanced AV Pack which Is set up for Dolby Digital 5.1 =).

Thanks,

-Matt

Talking

I have nfl fever and if is worth the money, trust me. U can create a player, create a team, do 2 kinds of seasons. This game has a feature where u can improve a player's performance, its really cool.

Nfl fever has the best graphics. It blows away madden 2002. It is a serious nfl game. If you want to invite your friends over and have a good game to play, get this game.

My rating:

Gameplay: 5
    Graphics:5
    Controll: 4
    Overall:5

also, this game will always be up to date because u can edit a players number, clothes (as in like visor of elbow pad) change a team location etc.

Default YES IT IS

I think so too. It's one of the most enternaining game i have ever played. It's like watching a real NFL game on tv except that YOU control the players. For sure it blows away Madden 2002. Project Gothan Racing is also good but I would still go for the football one.
    Hidden Content take that PS2 !!! Hidden Content

I love Fever it is a faster paced football game and easier to move. If you are used to maddem you might not like it at first but once you finish a game you wont want to go back. It has a much better game play and alot more play choices. PGR is also fun but from the games you already have it shows that you like to play with friends alot. PGR is fun on two players but I would go with fever first than I would go for PGR... How do you like Fuzion ?
    Taliesin of "Omega Squad"

Games owned; GR, GRIT, Outlaw Volleyball, 2K3, Fever 2002, Matrix, Commandos, Halo, Splinter Cell, Brute Force, Fuzion Frezy, PGR, Tiger Woods 2003, Tetris Worlds, Crimson Skies

Waiting for; Links 2004, Rainbow 6, Counter Strike, Ninja Gaiden,

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Pimpn...if you are planning on playing with some buddies, I would get NFL Fever 2002 over PGR. I own them both and recommend both of them highly.

About NFL Fever: In my review, I gave it a 5 on everything! This is, by far, the best football game I have ever played! I first played this game at a kioske at Toys R Us and it drew a huge crowd...and rightly so...this game kicks major ass!!

The graphics are simply breathtaking...the movement of the characters are very fluid...it practically tricks your mind to the point that the players look real. I'm not saying that the graphics make the players look like human beings 100%...but, they are the closest I have seen...what I am saying, however, is the way they move...it's really worth picking this one up

This game is highly addicting and is worth every penny. I can't wait to get home and play this puppy again! Oh yeah, the game is even better after a healthy six pack

I've been addicted to Fever ever since the Xbox was launched. The dynasty mode is awesome! I love the dynamic point thingy. It's great watching your players get better (or worse) depending on how well your team is playing. Definitely worth the price of admission.

Originally posted by terrapin
    I've been addicted to Fever ever since the Xbox was launched. The dynasty mode is awesome! I love the dynamic point thingy. It's great watching your players get better (or worse) depending on how well your team is playing. Definitely worth the price of admission.
    Man, I have been playing Fever so much on two-player mode that I haven't even had a chance to play dynasty mode...you got me all pumped up!!!

Man, I have been playing Fever so much on two-player mode that I haven't even had a chance to play dynasty mode...you got me all pumped up!!!
    Your in for one hell of a good time.

OH MAN! Now I am all excited. I'm almost through with my season and it's gratifying to see that my hard work has paid off. Most of my team gained 5-7 points on their overall ratings. Last game I played I picked off 2 passes and had returned one for a TD with Walt Harris (Bears). I looked at his player report after the game and he gained 4 points from that game alone! Though, it also works the other way. I had a couple of poor games with Urlacher and he lost a point. **** I want to play.

Sweet, Terrapin! Dude, I'm going to have to check this out...I've been wanting to...It's just that I have buddies that drop in and always want to play it so we end up shoving it in on two player mode...lol

I'm curious, however...did you find playing offense to be more challenging or defense at first? (or is it still a challenge)?

I have a harder time playing defense. My style is to play as a linebacker and control the run or try to sack the QB. This approach leaves me very valuable to the long pass and last minute heroics for the opposition. The only time I have problems with the offense is either when I need to score or when I play that frustratingly hard fantasy challenge.

Just curious what’s your style of play, Maximus?

Terrapin...nice strategy...

I think I need to improve my defense. I also start out with the linebacker hoping to get a good read if it's a run or a pass play...but, I often find myself trying to sack the Quarterback which doesn't happen as much as I like. When it does happen...it's clutch

While I play offense, I like to mix it up...on the pass plays, I like to play a little conservative...go for the out routes and nail my receivers near the side lines with an occasional post shot to my tight end. Rarely do I throw to my full back during a bootleg. One think I really love about this game is that the running game is actually possible! Most football games, the running game is useless and you are forced to pass all of the time. But, not with this one...I have made about half my touchdowns running clutch plays like dive runs and sweeps

Man, I love this game...I can't wait to try out Dynasty mode tonight!

Fever's Dynasty mode is awesome! I started a Dynasty with my team the Eagles, did a fantasy draft and now I'm dominating the league. Its so much fun, especially since u can set Records and stuff. I'd by Fever over any game. Don't get Madden, if u really want a football game and dont get Fever, get 2K2.

PIMP

Fuzion Frenzy Is pretty fun to play with multiple players.. It's a blast!!

Man.. now you guys have really got me pumped up to go out and buy this game! I think I'll go buy It tomorrow. The main thing that atracted me to this game (at first) was the amazing graphics.. but after hearing a little about the game play, It sounds like It's worth the buy. Thanks guys!

Anyone have any opinions on that ice hockey game out for xbox?

-Matt

NFL fever rocks

Default Madden 2002

How come NFL Fever got rated lower then madden 2002??? which is better?

batman46st

Default this is the best nfl game

honestly when i first played it i was like oh wow but after one game f playing nfl fever n saw all the kickass tackle and the strategy the ai showed i was blown away i thought the nfl2k1 was the ish but **** this is the best football game ive ever played 1 flaw it doesnt really matter but i gotta be honest i think that the commentators could had been a lil bit more upbeat but thats not really important the gameplay is awesome the control is awesome the whole game is awesome i just wish i didnt have to work n go to school so i woul play more of it....... get it dude

Dude Maximus, You have to tell me how it was. I wasn't able to play yesterday (*gasp*). Though, I am laying down the smack tonight...guaranteed.

Default Re: Madden 2002

Originally posted by adamw19
    How come NFL Fever got rated lower then madden 2002??? which is better?
    adamw...Personally, I think it's because NFL Fever is a new game and that Madden has been around for years. But, in my opinion, I sincerily believe that Fever is starting where Madden left off...get ready for an amazing NFL Fever series starting with 2002

Ive got to set up my camera and stuff and show u guys a pic of my stats in my dynasty mode. they are sweet. There should be some kind of message bored for your stats.

if you make it we will come.

Thread Information