Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enter the matrix game!

Shocked Enter the matrix game!

yo this game looks so awesome, i got it from ign.com, heres some details and screens:

In Enter the Matrix, players take on the role of either Niobe or Ghost, two side-characters in the same rebel group as Morpheus in the forthcoming movie. Niobe is Captain of the Logos, the fastest ship in the human fleet and Ghost is a weapons guru and martial artist.

Enter the Matrix features:

The story-within-the-story -- without the game, you won't see the entire Matrix Reloaded story
    Incredible Kung Fu, directed by the Matrix fight scene choreographer Yuen Wo Ping
    Car chases and stunts that take you right to the hard line, Hollywood style.
    Hack into your gaming console
    Defy gravity and bend the rules in "Bullet Time"
    Take on Agents in intense action sequences
    Pilot the Logos, the fastest hovercraft in the Zion fleet
    Learn from the Oracle how you can help save mankind
    According to Infogrames, Enter the Matrix will be released on May 15 for GameCube, Xbox, PS2, and PC.

Yeah this game is going to be pretty sweet.

In an interview they said that there will be objects and connections with the movie and the game. For instance you may notice a strange package on a desk in the movie and the only way to know how it got there is to play the game.

An hour's worth of footage has been shot just for the game as well. The actress playing Ghost had to learn more lines for the video game than she did for the movie.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

I cannot wait for this game. The only thing that has me worried is that it is coming out for the two...lesser systems. Most other games that appear on all consoles are toned down on the xbox so that they can run on the other systems, which makes no sense.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

In many of my new mags this game has gotten mad props for just how kickass it will be. I cant wait and did you hear that the directors of the movie worked on this game they said it has all kinds of insights into the movie. I want this game like Lynx wants time to update his dam never moving HDTV site.
    Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
    I cannot wait for this game. The only thing that has me worried is that it is coming out for the two...lesser systems. Most other games that appear on all consoles are toned down on the xbox so that they can run on the other systems, which makes no sense.
    I usually agree, however, for this game as long as it's smooth playing I don't think i'll mind too much.

What do you all think about the talks of a Matrix MMORPG for Xbox Live?
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

I've gotta share with the excitement here.. this games gonna be really cool!

Merimac, you bring up a good point though. Hopefully they developed on Xbox first and then ported. To me, if I was any form of developer, this would only make sense to do things this way. Develop on the more powerful hardware first, then downgrade to other systems out there. Pretty strange that most companies *cough* EA *cough* can't seem to understand that nobody bought an Xbox to get sub PS2 graphics.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by Brevity
    Iwant this game like Lynx wants time to update his dam never moving HDTV site.
    Whatcha trying to say?
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Member on the run

This game is definetly looking slick, I can't wait to see what happens in the correlation between the movies, but seeing how the Wachowski brothers are overlooking almost the entire project, it's going to be even more insane!

Wow, what can I say? This game looks really nice.. hopefully it won't be a let down.

Last edited by Xbox Owner; 02-05-2003 at 11:58 AM.

Sorry for the double post... here's somemore screens though.

I wonder what the real world- to -Matrix gameplay shift will be like.

am i the only one who thinks this game looks like crap? and that guy looks like a joke with that huge head.....something about this pic just cracks me up...his head is the only thing that stands out in this pic

I agree the game isn't the best looking. And that pic does look off.
    Could just be the camera angle as the others look fine.

The game-play should more than make up for the mediocre graphics though so its all good to me.

The game will and almost assuredly already does look better than Halo as it is, as do many many other games out at the moment. Yet, I bet people will think that it looks worse. It is all a matter of opinion I guess.

I'm guessing that screencaps don't do this game justice. Wait until you see it in motion before saying it is crap.

I do think that head looks out of place though, but so do the proportions from the actual movie like below:
    ---Hidden Content ---

hey that aint Keanu!!! whatta buncha crap
    so whats it gonna be like.... pretty much max payne only you can jump reeeeaaaaally high

Yes every person in that image above is CG (albeit not 100% finished).

The game is going to be like Max Payne. Similar bullet time effects. Don't forget Max Payne got its inspiration from the Matrix.
    ---Hidden Content ---

Official Hitman of XBA Hitman101's Avatar

Hmm, this game looks ok ................. ooh what the h*ll this game looks good.
    Hidden Content

THE HITMAN IS BACK !!!! Yet again !!!

Thread Information