Thread: fixing xbox games

Default fixing xbox games

anyone know if it is possible to fix xbox games the same way it is to fix cds and dvds? they do it at gameforce and game exchange, but I've never tried it

XBA's Official Doctor Snake Eyez's Avatar

I read several members say that it is possible to fix some minor scratches with products such as DVD Doctor. Others have said that applying wax to some games fixes the problems.

You can use a disk doctor or similar product, this just scrapes a layer of plastic off the bottom of the disk. And as snake mentioned, I usually use car wax. Instead of scraping the plastic off to level the scratches, the wax fills the scratches and makes it readable again. Neither of those work very well for deep scratches though.

Can you boil a regular game? or is that just for demo's?

(they shouldnt be different right?)

XBA's Official Doctor Snake Eyez's Avatar

Originally posted by xboxman_1
    Can you boil a regular game? or is that just for demo's?

(they shouldnt be different right?)
    The boiling thing is not to fix the scratches. It's to get rid of some of the waxy buildup (or something else) that is making the game unreadable. It has nothing to do with scratches.

Default boiling dics

wassup dudes. i did reasearch on boiling discs allot awhile back. i just got my xbox then and i bought amped brand new. it gave me the dirty disc error and would not play, i would have to reinsert it like 20 times until it worked!! all my other games work fine so i wasn't about to return it to microsoft, we all know some xboxs have a problem with the dvd drive. boiling discs was just for the xbox magazine demo discs. but i dared do it to my amped. and i must tell u it works allot better. 1/3 times it works on the first try!!, 2/3 it works on the second. this is much better then sittin for 5 mins trying to get it to work, esp when i have 20 other working games i want to play. so yes i must say it helped!, and it didn't damage it, thats for sure. so yah thats pretty kool. there yah go!
    chill out homes! $%$

Games I have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Metal gear solid 2: Substance, Max Payne, Deathrow, Rallisport Challenge, Hitman 2: Silent Assasin,
    The Thing, Gun Valkyrie, Amped: Freestyle, JSRF, Blood Wake, Wreckless, Enclave, Sega GT 2002, Blood Omen 2, Silent Hill 2, THPS 2X, Hunter: The Reckoning, All Star Baseball 2003, NHL 2002, NFL Fever 2002, NBA Live 2002

"Bought an xbox to nerd out and get away from drugs"

Official Hitman of XBA Hitman101's Avatar

Ok people let me clear this up for you, The Disc Dr. does not take a thin layer off the disc its uses a special wax to apply a thin layer to the disc giving it a nice scratchless finish.
    Hidden Content

THE HITMAN IS BACK !!!! Yet again !!!

Originally posted by Hitman101
    Ok people let me clear this up for you, The Disc Dr. does not take a thin layer off the disc its uses a special wax to apply a thin layer to the disc giving it a nice scratchless finish.
    thats not ture for all of them. My friend has one that buffers away a small layer of the disk. It will fix about anything, but its makes the underside of your CD ugly.

Thread Information