Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XbOx RPG's

Default XbOx RPG's

I got my xbox for christmas and now have just 4 games and i was thinking of getting another one. My favourite genre is RPG and none of the four games i own are rpg's. I was wondering if anyone had any rpgs for the xbox worth reccommending. I already have morrowind on the pc but it doesn't run great, it runs okay but not great as i only have a p3 500mhz, 128meg ram,
    geforce 4 mx440; i'm half tempted to get this but would rather get a good rpg that i have never played. AnY ideas ??

Currently Xbox is lacking in this area. However, there are several in development that look rather good.

True fantasy looks like it could be good, I think that is the name of it. Phantasy Star Online should be good, also.

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Talking

Originally posted by ThomasHun
    True fantasy looks like it could be good, I think that is the name of it. Phantasy Star Online should be good, also.
    Should be good. Should be great. I feel this game is going to be another Halo. Oh OK well not another Halo but pretty close.

Default Re: XbOx RPG's

Yo wassup bro.. I hear ya. Xbox is lacking on the RPG front!

Check out Star Wars: KOTOR (www.swkotor.com), thats the next RPG that is coming out that will definitely be a killer.

Xbox is going to be the place for innovative and fun rpgs in the future. You've got Sudeki, True Fantasy Live, Star Wars Galaxies, and the one game to rule them all... Fable.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Get Morrowind for xbox, its frigging awesome. I doubt it plays at all on that crap factory of a PC.

Originally posted by ThomasHun
    well u gotta have a hunters liseance 9 dollars a month to play on XBL and u need XBL to play offline too.....

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

If you are very patient...two more months and KOTOR will rules (if no delay) !!
    Back into the world of gaming.

The thing about mmorpg is the lack story, most people will just hack away and eventually getting bored. Unless you have a great community, such as ultima online was. i remember back in the day when people would block the X crossing roads and force the weaker lvl people to pay a toll, at the time i thought this was cheap but i begin to like it, having the fear that someone might pk me at any point just added excitement. The other thing i like about uo is how the added a cool storyline into the game, there was a point were brit was in a siege almost everyday. Also on the website the had this radio thing where the people of the country mainly the heroes would talk about whats going on in the world of brit.

IF True fantasy is anything as memorable as uo once was, that game should make a killing even though it will make a killing.

baah..rant done
    I'm new, but i'm just so cool!

I do believe suikoden 3 was announced for xbox. Though i did hear that awhile ago, don't quite know if thats true anymore.

IMO that's exactly what the Xbox needs more of, japanese style RPG's.

Morrowind on the Xbox was my first RPG, and I absolutely loved it. If it doesn't run well on your PC, buy & play it on Xbox...though of course, you won't be able to play the expansion. I guess there's also the Baldur's Gate port, but I liked Morrowind so much more.

Dre hit the nail on the head. We have KOTOR coming out in the next couple of months, and it looks great. Huge Star Wars RPG, developed by Bioware. Then, there's SW: Galaxies, True Fantasy, and Fable later in the year. I heard PS2 was the place to be for RPGs, but so far I've been very disappointed. Morrowind kicks all their turn-based asses.

Here is the list of RPG games on xbox that www.xbox.com has listed.

Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance Interplay Entertainment November 2002 $49.99 Teen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BlackStone: Magic and Steel Xicat Interactive February 2003 $49.99 Teen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Bethesda Softworks June 2002 $49.99 Teen

Fable Microsoft Game Studios Winter 2003 $49.99 Rating Pending

Gladius LucasArts May 2003 $49.99 Rating Pending

Metal Dungeon Xicat Interactive November 2002 $49.99 Teen

Nightcaster II: Equinox Jaleco Entertainment December 2002 $49.99 Teen

Phantasy Star Online Episode I and II Sega Corporation March 2003 $39.99 Teen

Psychonauts Microsoft Game Studios Winter 2003 $49.99 Rating Pending

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic LucasArts Spring 2003 $49.99 Teen

Sudeki Microsoft Game Studios Winter 2003 $49.99 Rating Pending
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Originally posted by carlbme
    Currently Xbox is lacking in this area.
    That's a good thing

Originally posted by Liquid Gears
    That's a good thing
    Wouldn't that be a bad thing?
    My systems: Jaguar/Jaguar CD, Saturn, 3DO, N64, Dreamcast, Genesis, NES, SNES, GameCube, PS2, Xbox.

It is a bad thing. Its just that guy likes really crappy games I guess. Well crappy in other peoples opinions. RPG's are great.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Hey what about Crimson Sea? Didn't that get good reviews?

Originally posted by carlbme
    Currently Xbox is lacking in this area. However, there are several in development that look rather good.
    True. Sudeki, True Fantasy Live Online, Fable and Phatasy Star Online.

Originally posted by Fjord
    Hey what about Crimson Sea? Didn't that get good reviews?
    Yeah it did. The game is fantastic. I am on the final boss now.

Crimson sea is not an RPG.

Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
    Crimson sea is not an RPG.
    It has RPG elements. You have a party with you that you can move around on the grid. Your character levels up, as well as your weapons and you can mix and match items in the game. You also have magic abilities. So I would say it has some RPG elements based on that.

Thread Information