Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XbOx RPG's

Originally posted by Unreal
    It has RPG elements. You have a party with you that you can move around on the grid. Your character levels up, as well as your weapons and you can mix and match items in the game. You also have magic abilities. So I would say it has some RPG elements based on that.
    Elements don't make it an RPG. Hunter: The Reckoning has all those "elements" as well, and its not close to an RPG either. Blinx lets you get more weapons and get clothing and stuff... not an RPG. Many, and I'd say most, games have "rpg elements" to them, it doesn't mean they're RPGs.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by Dre
    Elements don't make it an RPG. Hunter: The Reckoning has all those "elements" as well, and its not close to an RPG either. Blinx lets you get more weapons and get clothing and stuff... not an RPG. Many, and I'd say most, games have "rpg elements" to them, it doesn't mean they're RPGs.
    The games you mentioned dont even come close to what Crimson Sea offers. Baldur's Gater: Dark Alliance is closer to an RPG in the sense as well. (North America) Most people think that a game has to play like Final Fantasy for it to be considered an RPG. That is not against you. I am not saying Crimson Sea is an RPG but it does offer some of the characteristics your traditional RPG offers.

Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance is an RPG.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
    Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance is an RPG.
    True but I consider stuff like Grandia 2 or Skies Of Arcadia to be TRUE rpgs.

RPG games. Xbox only has Phantasy Star Online and Metal Dungeon as far as RPG games are concerened. Crimson Sea is kind of an RPG but not enough. That's why I don't look to my Xbox for my RPG needs. I go to my Playstation because I like Squaresoft, Enix, SCEI and Working Designs RPG games. But this is just my opinion though.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

Burning Ranger, you have to be the most clueless and ignorant fool I have ever come across. Did you even read through the thread.

"Here is the list of RPG games on xbox that www.xbox.com has listed.
    Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance Interplay Entertainment November 2002 $49.99 Teen
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BlackStone: Magic and Steel Xicat Interactive February 2003 $49.99 Teen
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Bethesda Softworks June 2002 $49.99 Teen
    Fable Microsoft Game Studios Winter 2003 $49.99 Rating Pending
    Gladius LucasArts May 2003 $49.99 Rating Pending
    Metal Dungeon Xicat Interactive November 2002 $49.99 Teen
    Nightcaster II: Equinox Jaleco Entertainment December 2002 $49.99 Teen
    Phantasy Star Online Episode I and II Sega Corporation March 2003 $39.99 Teen
    Psychonauts Microsoft Game Studios Winter 2003 $49.99 Rating Pending
    Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic LucasArts Spring 2003 $49.99 Teen
    Sudeki Microsoft Game Studios Winter 2003 $49.99 Rating Pending"
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

No, I think Microsoft knows what is an RPG and what isn't. Using that knowledge they posted a list of RPG games that are on the xbox. You do realize that, that isn't even all of the RPG's that are on Xbox and that will be.

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
    Nightcaster II: Equinox Jaleco Entertainment December 2002 $49.99 Teen
    I never though that Nightcaster 2 is been placed in the category RPG. Anyone have played the game already ? Can someone tell me something about ?
    Back into the world of gaming.

Thread Information