Thread: PS2 Splinter Cell Get Extras

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default PS2 Splinter Cell Get Extras

PS2 Maybe downgraded in graphics, but they are getting extras...

"Ubi Soft has announced that it will be adding a number of new features to the PlayStation 2 version of Splinter Cell. The game will feature an all-new binocular-vision headset, four new levels in the power plant area, 30 additional minutes of cinematics, and a new four-minute intro with music performed by the Prague Orchestra. Ubi Soft also has plans for Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell to support Dolby Pro Logic II sound.:

Although I do imagine that all of these features will be available for download on Xbox Live.

Nothing to big.

Ohh, Dolby Pro Logic

Doesn't the Xbox version support Dolby Digtal?
    I'm sure the levels will be available to download.
    Cinimatics *shrugs*
    New headset? Umm, this one I don't understand but ok.

I wouldn't be too suprised if we didn't get all that crap through an XBL download. After all, they have to do something to make that little thing on the box cover true.

The headset will be like the thermal/nightvision goggles, except a different kind of vision. Dolby Pro Logic is worse than Dolby Digital. The difference is that DD has 6 seperate channels. Meaning that the front threee speakers, the back two and the subwoofer each have their own channel for their own signal to travel through. Which provides a 5.1 sound experience. Each speaker has its own sound to output, making the "environment" come to life. If something happens on the left of the screen, you here it on your left. If something happens on the backright of the screen, you hear it on your back right.etc

Dolby Pro Logic takes a 2.0 channel and sends the signal to all speakers. That is a really cutdown version of what happens but its basically what happens. So there isn't any difference between what sound comes out of the speakers except for a left/right sound. So if something happens on the front right of your screen you will hear it on your right. If something happens on the back left of your screen you will hear it on your left.

As well, except the longer cutscenes *roll eyes* (I would rather play than watch the game), I do believe we will get everything they get through Xbox Lives downloadable content feature.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Mmm...sounds great for the P2 boys....30 min of extra movies and a new into....Maybe i should have waited...Nope...after playing the xbox version...i really can't see myself going to the PS2 version....I hope the xbox faithful get a booster disc or something with all of those cool extras.(not everyone has xbox live or broadband connection) Still, splinter cell is on of the coolest games i have ever played..I hope that ubsoft makes a ton on money off of this gem!!!
    Last edited by Evil_Dr_Beefy; 02-06-2003 at 05:08 PM.
    Meanwhile back at the Ranch,Bificus Beefy AKA Evil_Dr_Beefy and his henchmen The Big Dipper Beast plot the destruction of their arch nemesis Spaceboy

Yeah the extra content is just being given to PS2 because it doesn't have a hard drive. Plus it would be nearly impossible to download it with a 56k. No worries, Xbox will get the same levels as well.
    Hidden Content
    Now Playing: Pantera - Cemetary Gates

ya well prob get it guys. dont worry.
    MAKING A NEW SIG

this game is gonna be like mgs2 with those 30 extra minutes. who wants to spend half their time watching movies?

I hope the xbox faithful get a booster disc or something with all of those cool extras.(not everyone has xbox live or broadband connection)
    OXM has cut a deal with Ubi Soft to release the extra content on their discs.
    Hidden Content
    Now Playing: Pantera - Cemetary Gates

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Originally posted by Stormlord
    OXM has cut a deal with Ubi Soft to release the extra content on their discs.
    Hopefully.
    Back into the world of gaming.

I just want the levels...

And the binoculars would be pointless once you have the sniper rifle.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Xbox Games I Own...

Halo, Capcom vs. SnK EO , Dead or Alive 3, Splinter Cell, Crazy Taxi 3, Buffy, Max Payne, Unreal Championship, Hitman 2

Games I'm playing most...
    Unreal Championship - LIVE is addictive
    Quake 3 Arena - (pc) play about 5 mins less per day than UC
    Hitman 2

Add me to your frends list if you play Unreal on LIVE, I sold Ghost Recon cause it was simply a hype machine to match SOCOM, instead I opted for something for more ORIGINAL...the first online fighting game EVER in the USA!

Originally posted by HaloMasterVI
    I found this humourous...

http://forums.teamxbox.com/showthrea...hreadid=170124
    HAHAH! That was great! THe page didnt even load :o

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Thread Information