Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What game made u buy your Xbox?

Thumbs up What game made u buy your Xbox?

I intend to purchase my Xbox between the 1st - the 15th of December ( pending I can find a system around that time! ) and the title that is a system seller for me will be DOA3.
    I may pick up 1 or 2 other games just for the heck of it before WWF Raw comes out, but right now it's all about Dead Or Alive 3.
    What (1) launch game made you drop the $299.99 for the PS2 killer?

sorry about da DOA number screw up!
    Last edited by Ninja Scroll; 11-28-2001 at 09:51 AM.

I bought the XBOX for the XBOX itself. The decision to purchase the console was made immediately after MS announced the release date--decent games, or lack thereof had no impact on my decision.

I am a dyed in the wool gamer, and as such must have the latest gaming hardware no matter what.

Of course the fact that the XBOX debuted with one of the greatest libraries of launch titles in history--that didn't hurt either.

Here in Utopia harmful things such as cars and Barny are no more. All who are worthy recive an Xbox, all others must buy any of the other unworthy systems such as PS9!

upcomeing: EGO!!!!!!!
    Last edited by SciFi; 11-27-2001 at 01:52 PM.
    Hidden Content
    think about it...
    an
    Xtremely Big Outrageous Xtravagant Worior
    will kill a
    Pathetic Slimeball... even when there are 2 of them....
    not to mention obliterate a
    Groaning, Aching, Miserable Elf, a Completely Unworthy Being, Everyday
    Hidden Content

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Ninja...by the way, it's DOA3, not 2...I heard that the game is absolutely amazing eventhough I haven't see that game in action yet.

I bought the XBox because of several reasons. 1. Microsoft - because they are the most innovative companies in the world and they provide huge value and go to no end to win over the competition. 2. The console features - It is the only one with a hard drive to save your games on instead of stupid expansion packs only and you can play your own personal CD collection while playing selected games...this is so awesome!!! 3. All of the games not only have beautiful graphics, but the gameplay is great, the controllers are great. Add all of this with the fact that the XBox doesn't look like a tacky peice of equipment like a purple barbie oven (GameCube) or a book stop (PoS2).

The features were a big factor for me. Also having Sega as a third party developer didn't hurt.

RAW IS WAR!!!!!!!!!!!
    SETH WHAT GEAR WERE U IN MAN ?

Originally posted by Maximus
    Ninja...by the way, it's DOA3, not 2...I heard that the game is absolutely amazing eventhough I haven't see that game in action yet.

I bought the XBox because of several reasons. 1. Microsoft - because they are the most innovative companies in the world and they provide huge value and go to no end to win over the competition. 2. The console features - It is the only one with a hard drive to save your games on instead of stupid expansion packs only and you can play your own personal CD collection while playing selected games...this is so awesome!!! 3. All of the games not only have beautiful graphics, but the gameplay is great, the controllers are great. Add all of this with the fact that the XBox doesn't look like a tacky peice of equipment like a purple barbie oven (GameCube) or a book stop (PoS2).
    I think this list should have an asterik by it. The asterik should read:
    *Maximus is a loyal subject of Microsoft inc. We here at Microsoft believe he takes brainwashing well. Because, come on, how else could we convince him we are "innovative". I mean, we stole the idea of windows from the freaking Mac folks. And since we hold a monopoly (almost) over every other OS out there, some of which we admit are far superior to ours, people are forced to use us as their featured OS.

I love the selling point: "the gameplay is great and the controllers are great". Thats what sold me on the system. That and the fact that the GC and PS2 "suck". Thats a fuking convincing argument!!

BTW - I'm still disgusted Microsoft has $500 of my money.
    Signatures are a boring reminder that everyone might have a personality.

Originally posted by aronx

I think this list should have an asterik by it. The asterik should read:
    *Maximus is a loyal subject of Microsoft inc. We here at Microsoft believe he takes brainwashing well. Because, come on, how else could we convince him we are "innovative". I mean, we stole the idea of windows from the freaking Mac folks. And since we hold a monopoly (almost) over every other OS out there, some of which we admit are far superior to ours, people are forced to use us as their featured OS.

I love the selling point: "the gameplay is great and the controllers are great". Thats what sold me on the system. That and the fact that the GC and PS2 "suck". Thats a fuking convincing argument!!

BTW - I'm still disgusted Microsoft has $500 of my money.
    Aronx...pull your diapers out of your crack and return your XBox so someone else can enjoy it. Why in the hell are you so lame in your sarcasm? Is it just dry humor and me taking it wrong or are your panties filled with lumps of rabbit pebbles and you need to change them?

Someone has to keep you in check. And yes, brainwashing does make you stupid.

aronx...keeping me in check? I'm not brainwashed...I just know what's crap and what's not. I've been playing games for 26 years now...I think I know a thing or two about games.

I have owned every gaming system under the sun. From Atari and Intellivision to XBox. I never bought a PS2 but I have played numerous hours on one at a buddy's house who also bought the XBox and is selling his PoS2 on Ebay. PS2 is, without a doubt, better than N64, but not XBox so far. I wasn't blown away by PS2, though, it was incredibly fun. I had my quoms with it like any normal human being. And, I think I have been pretty honest about the games I have for the XBox. There are flaws but they are so minimal that it doesn't matter. Also, I didn't buy a LameCube because, quite frankly, I feel like I have grown out of Pokemon.

I can tell you are just one of those hardcore, brainwashed MAC fans that has a lot of contention towards Microsoft. And, since the XBox is developed by Microsoft, you already have made up your mind that you don't like it. So, again, I recommend changing those panties and flushing all of those rabbit pebbles down the toilet that you loaded them up with. You obviously are very uncomfortable.

At least your making more sense.

I think the MAC blows azz. I don't have any "contentions" with them!?!? LOL.

I have just never heard someone defend MS to the death like you have, and most of the people here, in these forums.

I don't know what rabbit pebbles are. And why are they in my diapers?

One last thing, I do own an XBox and I fukin love it!!

I agree with VAN. I decided to buy an XBOX as soon as I heard about it and before I knew what games would be available.

batman46st

Default y??

well i read about wat the xbox could do and all that intrigued me but at the time i was still with my dreamcast

raw iis war

I bought the X-Box because of who was involved, one big daddy Microsoft. I knew they'd pimp their system like a two dollar welfare whore. Then Nvidia and Intel, both highly respected in the industry as well.

Honestly would any of you be as interested if it were Sun, HP or Apple developing a Console (well maybe Sun)?

Also look at what’s left of those who dared stand against the Meecrosoft. Netscape, Apple, and Corel... all gutted and thrown to the wolves.

Microsoft has the influence, capital, skilled labor, and more importantly the will to make the X-Box a success.

Reverend Love
    The times I remember the most are the times I don't remember.

I bought the Xbox just so that I could play Halo, but now I'm also into PGR and DOA3 and I'm planning to buy F1 2001 and Azurik this Friday. I also became very interested in Battlefield 1942, Project Ego, Crash, GTA3, Wreckless and the next World Cup game. I'm very happy about my decision to buy an Xbox, the system itself delivered way more than I expected.

There are to many games to mention for me
    Hidden Content

What the world, needs now, is love, sweet love!

Cool

Halo is what caught my eye. I really didn't know to much about the XBOX till I started reading about Halo. I almost took back my XBOX because I keep seeing screenshots and watching movies on Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of liberty and I want that game! but I hear it's supposed to come out on Xbox and that will be sweet to play but I want to play it now!!

Solid Snake is kick Arse!!

So is the helmeted Ninja!!

Seeing MSGS:SOL makes me want to get the PS2 and play it!!

I have to be patient.

Till Eric Cartman loses weight, make mine XBOX!!

DOA 3 is good as long as you are not playing it soley for Story mode because you can beat that in 2-3 hours or less

Originally posted by Maximus
    I've been playing games for 26 years now...I think I know a thing or two about games.

MaX....buddy.....you've quickly become one of my favorite posters here (mainly because we share the same game tastes and we are of similar ages) But I gotta call bullsh*t on that comment, dude.

According to your profile, you are 26 years old. Now if you have been gaming for 26 years, I'd like to know exactly which console game you were playing when you were....say.....6 days old?

I'm 27 years old and have been gaming steadily for maybe 21 years, since I first played the Atari 2600 in 1980.
    Last edited by VAN; 11-28-2001 at 09:50 AM.

Thread Information