Thread: Racing Evoluzione (APEX) DAMN!!!!!

Talking Racing Evoluzione (APEX) DAMN!!!!!

Got the european version yesterday. Here´s my impressions:

The graphics are outstanding. The attention to detail is simply amazing. This is the best gfx I´ve ever seen on the xbox. Car modelling is flawless. Beutiful rendered cars. And as for framerates it runs like a dream. The sound fx is good but the music is merly average. It doesn´t matter much though since you can make yourself an own soundtrack.
    The Dream mode (career) is a nice touch but doesn´t really let you handle so many things by yourself. However. I have only played for a couple of hours so this maybe changes the longer you play the game.

This game delivers what infogrames have said about it.
    Treat your girlfriend to breakfast in bed...

Have your wife make it.

THE REAL BOSS

How much customizing can be done?

Also, how are the controls? Do they lean to the arcade side more than the sim side like the reviews say?
    Halo: Combat Evolved (9.5) || Dead Or Alive 3 (9.0) || NBA Live 2002 (8.0) || Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2x (7.0) || NHL 2002 (8.0) || The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (9.0) (Hidden Content ) || Sega GT 2002 (9.0) (Hidden Content ) || MechAssault (8.5) || Unreal Championship (8.0) || Sega Sports NFL 2K3 (8.5) || Dead Or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball (8.5) Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (9.25)

Listening to Fur Patrol's Pet LP & Starlifter EP albums (Hidden Content )
    Reading Halo: The Flood by William C. Dietz (Hidden Content )

Hidden Content

I knew this game would be good. Thanks for the impressions

but have you read the OXM review? apparantly you cant design your own car at all really

You can't design your car in Project Gotham Racing and that game kicks some serious racing ARSE

Leave it be, it will be an amazing racer with or without the mods on the cars...give it some time. This is a great advancement though!
    What do you mean, "I hurt your feelings"?
    I didn't know you had any feelings.

THE REAL BOSS

The thing is you can design your car,modify it etc.. go to the offical website and read about it....

The game ships today can't wait to get it.

Originally posted by Woocifer
    You can't design your car in Project Gotham Racing and that game kicks some serious racing ARSE

Leave it be, it will be an amazing racer with or without the mods on the cars...give it some time. This is a great advancement though!
    Dont' get me wrong man! I'm definintely checking it out, its just that I was all hyped up about making some of my own cars with some kind of 3d editing mode

The screenshots alone are enough to make me pee my pants ;P

I recently read a review on one of the game sites and the biggest dissapointment for this game is , if you get bumped by the AI or if they even just touch your car they are able to pass you up.

when are they going to make a racing game a good grudge match like PGR ?

there's nothing like playing bumper cars during a race . and if your good enough to keep the competition behind you , then you should be able to keep your lead !

this is yet another racer that doesn't satisfy ):

Also , Oxm says it has sloooo load times.

oooooh the horror , the horror
    Last edited by cya punk; 02-20-2003 at 09:46 AM.

I am just getting into the game. It is pretty fun so far. I am waiting to be able to pick my second prototype car.

This Game IMO Blows, if you want a good racing sim get yourself a ps2 with GT3 nothing comes close. apex is a joke another example of xbox Braun with no brains.

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

Originally posted by Woocifer
    No it doesn't.

I am with EHW, PGR was bad IMO.

The whole thing that interests me about this game is the customization, and to what level you can customize. Anyone want to inform the rest of us about this feature?
    Hidden Content

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Nelson Mandela

Wondering Around

the graphics were good, but i need a tv that supports svideo or component imputs... just didn't look all that great on my junker of a tv...hahah

I finally got to rent this game the other day.

The games graphics are awsome! Definitly no arguement in this department.

I'm not sure why everyone is saying that if you bump a car you lose a position....

Whatever car is slightly ahead when bumping is the car that takes the lead.

The game is very fun.... The races are almost always competitive and come down to just tenths of a second.

You can't Design your own car... You pick from a few prototype cars that are drawn up and then the car is made for you to race.

Customization is a juke compared to some games. You choose Short, Medium, or Long gear ratios, and 3 settings of downforce.

The game is still a very fun racer... It's not meant to be a serious sim... it's a mix of arcade and sim..

The multiplayer part of the game sucks just like most racing games. I'm sick of wanting to race with my friend and not have any CPU cars. That is just retarded.. 1 vs 1 races blow chunks!

This game is definitly worth a rental.

Originally posted by Bakeman
    I finally got to rent this game the other day.

The games graphics are awsome! Definitly no arguement in this department.

I'm not sure why everyone is saying that if you bump a car you lose a position....

Whatever car is slightly ahead when bumping is the car that takes the lead.

The game is very fun.... The races are almost always competitive and come down to just tenths of a second.

You can't Design your own car... You pick from a few prototype cars that are drawn up and then the car is made for you to race.

Customization is a juke compared to some games. You choose Short, Medium, or Long gear ratios, and 3 settings of downforce.

The game is still a very fun racer... It's not meant to be a serious sim... it's a mix of arcade and sim..

The multiplayer part of the game sucks just like most racing games. I'm sick of wanting to race with my friend and not have any CPU cars. That is just retarded.. 1 vs 1 races blow chunks!

This game is definitly worth a rental.
    The only game ive ever played which was a fun multiplayer was burnout, because its fast, theres cpu cars, and theres traffic. Graffics mean nothing if the gameplay is good in racing games.

Originally posted by chili325
    The only game ive ever played which was a fun multiplayer was burnout, because its fast, theres cpu cars, and theres traffic. Graffics mean nothing if the gameplay is good in racing games.
    I agree.. that game was a blast when I was playing with a friend of mine. I am looking forward to Burnout 2.. I might even just buy it.

I've go the oxm demo and I must say that the graphics are amazing the controls work nice. replays are fun, I think im gonna rent this one.

Thread Information