Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Recalls Kakuto Chojin

Default Microsoft Recalls Kakuto Chojin

In a surprising move, Microsoft has pulled its Xbox fighting game Kakuto Chojin from Japanese shelves. According to company representatives, the recall is due to sensitive religious issues in the game. Reportedly, Microsoft plans to modify the game to remove the potentially offensive material in several Asian countries. Citing a company spokesperson, "Microsoft respects the religious beliefs of all people, and for that reason, we decided a recall was the best course of action." It's currently unknown when the modified version of the game will be available. For reference, while Kakuto Chojin has been available at retailers in America since late fall, it arrived on Japanese shelves on January 1.

*sigh* Microsoft can do no right in Japan... can anyone elaborate on what these religious issues are? I wouldn't mind knowing if they are legitimate, or if the japanese society is just figuring out another way to hinder the box in their country...

I guess the background music for one of the characters uses quotes from the Koran (or however you want to spell it).

It's sacreligious to read out of the text in anything other than a holy setting such as prayer.

Not sure if this is the real reason, got the info from other boards so I don't have a real link.
    RIP Dave

Seeing as the Koran is Jewish and the are only pulling the games off of shelves in Japan, I don't think that is the reason.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Seeing as the Koran is Jewish and the are only pulling the games off of shelves in Japan, I don't think that is the reason.
    The Koran is Islamic.

Gamerscore Whore

Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
    Seeing as the ***Koran is Jewish*** ........
    LOL! Sorry I couldnt help it, but all of the sudden a joke involving a jew, a muslim and a christian came to mind...nevermind...LOL.

Seeing as the Koran is Jewish
    And did Rabbi Osama teach you this

H-I-T-E-R........NO L! hiter101's Avatar

are u ok???

the QURAN is muslim

and the torah is jewish

and the bible is christian

are we dont with religion class????
    Heaven Won't Take Me And Hell Is Afraide I'll Take Over

Hidden Content

"He LIved By His Word And He Died For His Word" Rip DZ

Hidden Content

ROTFLMAO BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA............. now that im done the Quran is ISLAM

Nice spam there PublicEnemy2k3, thats only been said 4 times. And there are a few spellings of the book, don't act like "Quran" is the only way. He may have learned it "Koran."

now that im done the Quran is ISLAM
    Try 'Islamic," not ISLAM.

and the torah is jewish
    Actually, the torah are the first five books of the old testament, and all three religions recognize these books to be true, not just Judaism.

Originally posted by xboxman_1
    Nice spam there PublicEnemy2k3, thats only been said 4 times. And there are a few spellings of the book, don't act like "Quran" is the only way. He may have learned it "Koran."

Try 'Islamic," not ISLAM.

Actually, the torah are the first five books of the old testament, and all three religions recognize these books to be true, not just Judaism.
    Thanx for being the XBA police dog. It was funny and i replied, and its non of ur bizness biatch so **** u

Thanx for being the XBA police dog. It was funny and i replied, and its non of ur bizness biatch so **** u
    You're welcome!! But whats none of my business?

This is the real reason why this game was recalled:

My friends and I were theorizing that the readings from the Quran are just a cover-up - and the real-deal is that they know the game sucks balls, and they want to get it off the shelves.

EDIT: LOL Qbas - believe it or not we didn't get our theory from Penny Arcade.

Originally posted by Qbas
    This is the real reason why this game was recalled:

thats just wrong wasnt funny

Originally posted by VenoM
    thats just wrong wasnt funny
    Why? I thought it was hilarious

Why? I thought it was hilarious
    Ya, its not like they're actually saying "Jesus is a queer."

Originally posted by hiter101
    are u ok???

the QURAN is muslim

and the torah is jewish

and the bible is christian

are we dont with religion class????
    actually jews are taught out of the Talmud, and not at all from the torah.
    when a jew says we read TORAH they are really saying we follow the teaching of the torah AND the talmud. when a jew says THE TORAH it is almost always a direct reference only to the torah. jews do this because the teachings of the talmud are blasphemous beyond description and incredibly insulting to Christians, they don't want the general public to know the things they actually do in terms of worship according to their "religion." because if the truth got out, they'd be getting lynched left and right, everywhere.
    TXB IZ GAAAAAAY!
    XBA 0WNZ!

Originally posted by xboxman_1
    You're welcome!! But whats none of my business?

Ill tell u whats ur business, ur business is to post and to STFU. And u took the to fix my mistakes. GEt a life man

Ill tell u whats ur business, ur business is to post and to STFU. And u took the to fix my mistakes. GEt a life man
    Sorry, just correcting mistakes so some other moron doesn't go home with wrong information. How can I post and still manage to shut up at the same time?? I need to get a life??? Your the one with over 900 posts in about 3.5 months. I've been here for about a year 4.5 months. And please, do not bother me any more with ignorant posts.

Thread Information