Thread: Does this mean we won't see anymore Sega Games at home?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Does this mean we won't see anymore Sega Games at home?

Bad News for console owners, I think.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/02/13/bu...3d4afb0f71ee57

Member on the run

Good article there. I would probably say that Sammy (the maker of the pachinko machines), would be smart enough to realize that there is still money to be made in the videogame industry. Who knows, maybe they are going to try to produce their own console? Either way, seems to me that this didn't kill sega, seeing as anybody who bought sega, would realize that it's market value is not in the name, as much as the products that it has produced. I'd say we'll definetly still be seeing sega on the game market, just maybe under a slightly different name.

Originally posted by rudedogX
    Good article there. I would probably say that Sammy (the maker of the pachinko machines), would be smart enough to realize that there is still money to be made in the videogame industry. Who knows, maybe they are going to try to produce their own console? Either way, seems to me that this didn't kill sega, seeing as anybody who bought sega, would realize that it's market value is not in the name, as much as the products that it has produced. I'd say we'll definetly still be seeing sega on the game market, just maybe under a slightly different name.
    Yeah, I couldn't imagine them not making ne more console games. That would suck. I love the Sega sports games.

I saw this article the other day. I happen to like the move because I really like Sega and Sammy. Sammy has published great games like Guilty Gear X, Galerians: Ash, etc. This deal I think is going to strenghten the two companies. The problem is this move might now increase Xbox support from the companies.

I'm glad to see Sega's going to release Rent A Hero No. 1 for Xbox stateside.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

I believe Sega will continue to make home console games. And Sammy gets Chihiro board technology access.
    Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion.
    - Parkinson's Law

Thread Information