Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommended racing games?

Default Recommended racing games?

I'm looking to buy a new racing game THATS ALREADY BEEN RELEASED. I already own Sega GT 2002. Any suggestions? preferably compatible with a Mad Catz racing wheel

i just picked up evoluzion racing, this is a very good game, different then the others. great graphics and totally customizable controls. just not that much selection on different cars.

Default which driving game to get

Get Colin McRae Rally 3, it's the driving game version of Halo, absolutly a must have for X-Box. You won't be disappointed. Read my review in the member review section. (^_^)

I dont know if all of these support a wheel:

RalliSport Challenge...Still one of the best rally games ever.
    (Wheel Support)

Colin McRae Rally 3 ...played for 30 min and it's great. Gives better handling than RSC.

Project Gotham Racing ...Street racing in the known supercars and a challenge too. (Wheel Support)

MotoGP ....Bikes at their best. Amazing game. (Arcade Stick)

IMO Sega GT 2002 is crap and the other above are WAY above the driving fun in found in SGT2K2 ...
    Last edited by [oXo]; 02-22-2003 at 07:09 PM.
    I'm happy to 0wn:
    Halo | Dead or Alive 3 | RalliSport Challenge | Project Gotham Racing | Hunter: The Reckoning | Enclave | Buffy The Vampire Slayer | Splinter Cell | Moto GP | Colin McRae Rally 3 | Tao Feng | Dark Angel | Midtown Madness 3

Looking forward to:
    Halo 2 | Deus Ex 2 | DOOM 3 | Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Sega GT was free, so I cant complain. and I already have moto GP but Im looking for car racing games. sorry I should have been more specific. actually I was thinking of getting apex. has anybody tried it yet?

Racing Evoluzione (Europe title) or Apex (U.S. title) is supposed to be really great...I don't think you will be dissappointed if you liked Sega GT 2002

I saw a review on the tv and it looked awesome...
    Last edited by [oXo]; 02-24-2003 at 07:26 AM.
    I'm happy to 0wn:
    Halo | Dead or Alive 3 | RalliSport Challenge | Project Gotham Racing | Hunter: The Reckoning | Enclave | Buffy The Vampire Slayer | Splinter Cell | Moto GP | Colin McRae Rally 3 | Tao Feng | Dark Angel | Midtown Madness 3

Looking forward to:
    Halo 2 | Deus Ex 2 | DOOM 3 | Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

I would definitly recomend Need for Speed High Stakes.
    Also Nascar Thunder 2003 is great.
    Im not sure about working with the racing will but thats my input.

Default I'm sorry but...

Originally posted by joshalabama
    I would definitly recomend Need for Speed High Stakes.
    Also Nascar Thunder 2003 is great.
    Im not sure about working with the racing will but thats my input.
    I'm sorry but I just made an even trade for Nascar Thunder 2003. I traded in Amped and UFC Tapout 2. The collision detection in UFC was the worst I have ever seen. Sorry for supporting EA but Nascar Thunder '03 is a great and challanging game. I would recommend it.

I'll add another endorsement for RalliSport Challenge.

I was playing apex at walmart. lol It is kdian cool but is mainly a racing game and takes forever to race. The kind of racing games I like are ones you can just cruise around. Like Midnight Club 2. Best racing game.

oh my god! You've got to be kidding me! not one mention of the best racer on Xbox - Burnout 2. This is one awesome game. Fast cars, slick graphics, best crashes you'll ever find and customisable soundtrack... what more could you want?

So in my opinion you should get Burnout 2 because you'll never get sick of it and multiplayer races are a laugh. If you don't get that for some weird reason then get Rallisport Challenge although that's boring compared to Burnout 2.

i recommend toca race driver. very good storyline, makes a change from the usual racing games

Default Toca Race Driver

I havent heard of that one yet, who is it made by?

mc2 or rallisport

its called toca race driver in UK but i think its called Pro Race Driver in USA. Its made by codemasters

Originally posted by Viper_Warfare
    So in my opinion you should get Burnout 2 because you'll never get sick of it and multiplayer races are a laugh. If you don't get that for some weird reason then get Rallisport Challenge although that's boring compared to Burnout 2.
    I don't have Burnout 2 (yet), but I've read that the crash mode is like Tetris with cars - that is, it pulls you in and you never get tired of trying to improve your score. The only reason I don't have Bo2 yet is because I have too many other games I'm working on.

I'm a big fan of PGR, too - definitely worth buying.

My father-in-law is a mechanic, and he made me a stand for my steering wheel so that I don't have to worry about the stupid suction cups and their lack of sticking power. It moves to whatever angle you want and it raises and lowers, too. Let me know if you want some details on how he made it.
    I'd ask someone to make me a sig, but I can't think of anything decent to put there...

Hidden Content

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Apex
    Midtown Madness 3
    Midnight Club II
    Group S Challenge
    Back into the world of gaming.

Three words for ya:

PRO RACE DRIVER

F'ing awesome game!

Three words for ya:

PRO RACE DRIVER

F'ing awesome game!

out of all the games people have mensioned here Apex is the worst if you decide for it i would sugest you rent it first then buy it,the game says that you have your own company where yu create cars(BULL*****) you pick out of already created cars you don't customise anythingthe graphics are somewhat good ,racing handling is somewhat good,AI of the game sux big time they always stick together if one passes you they all do
    and if you pass one you pass the rest.
    (off topic)BTW SGT2K was a pretty good game its only lack was the few Multiplayer Levels otherwise it was pretty good but if you didn't like SGT2K2 i guess i won't get to Beat you guys in SGT online since it is pretty much the same graphics and engine too bad you guys will miss it.
    Hidden Content I am GameFreak I already know that

Thread Information