Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommended racing games?

Chip N' Dale Dancer

I thought Sega GT was pretty good! Midnight Club is sweet arcade driving type. Fun on multiplayer to.

Originally posted by runninutes
    I don't have Burnout 2 (yet),...
    OK - I do have it now, and it rocks. I'm trying to get all gold medals in crash mode - I'm 2 away, but I can only get Bronzes on those tracks. I must be missing something important...

Anyone who buys Burnout 2 - take the extra time and get all gold medals on Offensive Driving 101 mode. You unlock the Driver's Ed car, and it's by far the best car you'll get for quite a while. I would say I used it for probably 2/3 of the Championship season.
    I'd ask someone to make me a sig, but I can't think of anything decent to put there...

Hidden Content

I just rented midtown madness 3 and that has been very entertaining. It's a quality title from what I can tell with live racing thrown in...great graphics and I think the drving physics are great.
    my .02cents

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Anybody, can tell me how good/bad is looking in Apex ??
    Back into the world of gaming.

Thumbs up burnout 2

ok....so i am real late in this discusion. i have to recomend burnout 2. custum soundtrack is a major plus. the visuals were polished a little for the x-box and more car skins to unloock. crash mode is just so f'ing addictive. trust those who recomend this one and the fact i cant spell and am to lazy to fixit....

much,munch,munch [WSD]-Sabrewulf's Avatar

Midnight club 2 rocks
    must purchase Burnout 2 tho
    <[WSD]> Uk PAL Uber Grunt
    Hidden Content

I rented Burnout 2. Fell in love, pretty sure Im gonna buy it. Thanks for all your help guys

Midtown Maddness 3 and Midnight Club 2 (not sure if u can use the wheel though) , you can use the wheel for APEX, but I found that the game gets too boring. Burnout 2 is really good if you like over the top driving.

I highly recommend Midtown Madness 3, Rallisport Challenge. And also possibly PGR and PGR2.

Default ....

hey... im new here.... Midtown Madness kicks ass!

Definitly MIdtown Madness 3. 2 packs of downloadable content has been released already 4 cars in one pack, and about 40 new races in the 2nd pack and I think there is still 2 downloadable packs on the way. The racing is fun but most people that play this game on live play the made up game modes, like:

Stayaway-You try and get this golden rabbit thing from the other players and try to keep it for the longest time until the time runs out or until, you reach the point limit.

Tag-One person starts as the tagged person and tries to tag someone else in 1:30 the longer the game is, the shorter the time you have to tag someone last person remaining wins.

Capture the Gold-You get the gold and try to take it to the hideout before someone takes it from you and whoever gets the most points before time runs out or who reaches the point limit first wins.

and then
    Hunter-Someone starts as a cop car and tries to tag the other people when someone else gets tagged they get turned into a cop car (hunter) and then they help you catch the rest of the poeple, last one tagged wins.

then theres Blitz, and checkpoint.
    I enjoy playing Hunter, stayaway, and Tag. lots of fun online. I have no idea tho if it supports a wheel.
    Xbox Games I Own-Halo 2, Forza Motorsports, Gran turismo 4, Mech assault 2: Lone Wolf, Rallisport Challenge 2, Toca Race Driver 2, Burnout 2, Project Gotham Racing 2, Rainbow Six 3, True Crime Streets of L.A, WWE RAW 2, WWF RAW, Midtown Madness 3, Enter the Matrix, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, X-Men Next Dimension, Spiderman, Spy Hunter, Amped, Munches Oddysee

I'd recommend Project Gotham 2. I tested it and it was great. But I love Rally Racing games.

Project Gotham Racing 1 & 2
    Burnout 1 & 2
    Rallisport Challenge
    F1 2001
    IndyCar Series
    Nascar Thunder 2003
    Midtown Madness 3
    Midnight Club II
    Quantum Redshift
    XGRA
    Ford Racing 2 (if Ford nut)
    We're all in it together.

I am getting Sega GT Online when it comes out

XBOX Car Game Addict! JB20_2003's Avatar

Racing games huh... Well I would have to say that the best I have played are NFS Hot Pursuit to for the fun factor nice engine sounds and burnouts more real then most and Wreckless just has the best graphics I've seen on xbox. If you not in it for just the racing and you just like the cars the Grand Theft Auto Double is awesome I just got it 2 weeks ago and its not getting boring yet... I have the Sega GT 2002 as I got it with my Xbox I have to say it is one of the worst car games on Xbox. Anything is better then that.

Car games I've played and own on a little 1 out of 5 rating board for ya:

Rallisport Challenge - 3.5/5
    Project Gotham Racing - 4/5
    Wreckless - 4/5
    NFS Hot Pursuit 2 - 4.5/5
    GTA Double Pack - 4.5/5
    Midnight Club 2 - 2.5/5

All those games are pretty cheap now to like $25 to $30 if your canadian... Newer just out games that are good are Project gotham racing 2 and Driver 3 is just coming out shortly and is amazing I have many movies of the game. NFS Underground is also great... That's my info on that stuff. Hope it helped.
    - Justin

Games Owned: Sega GT 2002, JSRF, Project Gotham Racing, 007 Agent Under Fire, Rallisport Challenge, Wreckless, NFS Hot Pursuit 2, Enter The Matrix, GTA Double Pack

Thread Information