Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Only JAPANESE Developers might save Xbox

Registered User Cannibal Corpse's Avatar

Default Only JAPANESE Developers might save Xbox

99% of non Japanese game for Xbox are crap.

DOA3, DOAXBV, CRimson Sea, Panzer Dargoon ORTA, NNJA GAIDEN, even MGS Substance are pushing the lackluster sales of Xbox.

If Xbox wasn't developed by M$ and its deep pocket, it would be 3DO Part II.

Somethings are menat to be specific to a certain countries:

Consoles pertty much are a Japanese comodity, and it always should stay that way.

If you wanna play non Japanses games, just play PC Games (which Japanese are not strong)

I have all three consoles (4 if you count my beloved Dreamcast).

Have a good day.
    Best Regards,
    Cannibal Corpse

The above message has been sent to you via the following System:

Pentium®
    4 2.4B GHz
    Abit IT7-MAX2
    Mushkin DDR 2700 [1GB Total]
    ATi RADEON™ 9800 Pro
    Maxtor 120GB 7200RPM (8MB Cache) HDDs (X2 - 240GB Total)
    Sound Blaster Audigy2 Platinum
    Antec Preformance Series 430W Case
    Plextor UltraPlex [Reader - SCSI] - PlexWriter [Writer - SCSI]
    Adaptec AHA-2940UW SCSI Host Adapter
    Pioneer 105 DVD-R/W [IDE]
    ViewSonic P220fb Professional Monitor [Primary] - PT810 [Secondary]
    Microsoft® Windows XP® Professional OS

I happen to agree with you Cannibal Corpse. Japanese games are the best and the Xbox needs them to do well. The Xbox needs RPG games, anime games, cinematic games, etc. to be successful. Developers like Squaresoft, Capcom, Namco, Sega, Koie, Square Enix, Konami, etc. make the best games. If Xbox doesn't get many more of them, I may have to support another system.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

id rather play NFl 2k3, NBA 2k3, NHL 2k3, Moto Gp, Mechassalt, Ghost Recon ect. there online and US games too.. Capcom VS SNK 2 is good too. where the games are made have nothing to do with their success look at GTA and Splinter cell... even hlo and PGR great US games. when a game is made reguardless where, the developers are the ones who have the chance to make it a good game and a lot fail but a lot of them can pull it off too.

Thank God, someone share my frustration. I was reading in the XBN Magazine that Microsoft should have NEVER underestimated the influence of SONY and Japanese PlayStation loyalities, as a result should have NOT competed head to head, (MSG Substance for Xbox? Give me a friggin' break)...

I am still playing Dreamcast games (mostly 2D fighters) and they are pure Japanese Mana sent from Heavens...
    Best Regards,
    Cannibal Corpse

Pentium®
    4 2.4B GHz
    Abit IT7-MAX2
    ATi RADEON™ 9800 Pro

Well, MGS Substance is coming to PS2 (pure Japanse console) even on PC! anyways, so there...
    Best Regards,
    Cannibal Corpse

Pentium®
    4 2.4B GHz
    Abit IT7-MAX2
    ATi RADEON™ 9800 Pro

Originally posted by Burning Ranger
    I've already heard that but I rather play my games on console than PC anyway. It doesn't really matter to me if MGS3 doesn't come to Xbox because I own all consoles.
    Didn't you leave?
    Hidden Content

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Nelson Mandela

This is really funny b/c my five favorite games are
    1) Halo
    2) Tony Hawk 3
    3) Rallisport
    4) NFL 2k3
    5) Dead to Rights or Splinter Cell

I even wrote these games down on the other thread "Five favrotie games".

All the games you named (DOA3, DOAXBV, CRimson Sea, Panzer Dargoon ORTA, NNJA GAIDEN, even MGS Substance are pushing the lackluster sales of Xbox.)

I could really care less for. I hate to DOA games b/c I don't find any point of looking at virtual girls when I can get them in real life.
    Crimson Sea... *yawn*
    Panzer Dragoon Orta... *yawn* again. Who thought of using dragons? yuck
    Ninja gaiden... I don't intend on getting that.
    MGS2S... splinter cell is better.

Default Re: Only JAPANESE Developers might save Xbox

Originally posted by Cannibal Corpse
    NNJA GAIDEN.
    That game isn't even out yet
    Hidden Content

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Nelson Mandela

I've got a PC and Xbox and they aren't the same. I just say boo freakin hoo to the whole Japanese situation. Really what's the point of your post? Is it to say that it was a mistake for you to buy an Xbox? Sell it if you don't like it.

japanese games arent saving the xbox. look at Halo, that was and still is the xbox's number one selling game, and it was made by an american company.

Screw Japan....

Green = Good
    Red = Sucks
    I own all of the following games
    Halo, Crimson Sea, MechAssault, Unreal Championship, Ghost Recon, Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, Morrowind, Blinx, Dead or Alive 3, NFL Fever 2002, NFL Fever 2003, Rallisport Challenge, Jet Set Radio Future, Max Payne, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, Whacked!, Splinter Cell, Capcom vs. SNK 2: EO, Phantasy Star Online (preorder)
    NightCaster, Blood Wake, Fuzion Frenzy, Hitman 2, Medal of Honor: Frontline, Dave Mirra BMX 2, Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee, Totaled!
    Wish List: (Until Summer)
    Panzer Dragoon Orta, Dead or Alive: XTreme Beach Volleyball, Sea Dogs 2, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Return to Castle Wolfenstien, Midtown Madness 3, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero

Hidden Content Former Xbox Live Beta Tester.

It is people that think that Japanese games are the only games worth playing on a console that actually hurts the console.

Consoles pertty much are a Japanese comodity, and it always should stay that way.
    Give me a break.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

how are consoles a japanese commodity? the first console came out and was made in the United States. if anything, theyre american commodities

i dont really like japanese games. i hate rpgs. the japanese like weird games. like those horse racing games. or those dating sim games. i dont know who would pay 50 bucks for one of those. probly someone who doesnt have a life. you cant get a girl so you pretend to go out on a date with a videogame. lol

Japanese are also the hardcore gamers because they dress like their favorite videogame character. I do that all the time.
    Dressing like your favorite videogame character does not make you 'hardcore'. What it probably does make you is other words like 'obsessive' and 'unstable' and 'uninspired'. Nothing like avoiding your own life by obsessing over someone elses.

Those are all the games I don't like as well Snoopy.

Burning Ranger, you seem to be stereotyping japanese and american game players.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Default Re: Re: Re: Only JAPANESE Developers might save Xbox

I personally don't think that game will save Xbox in Japan. Xbox needs Final Fantasy or Dragon Warrior to sell. I would be happier than anything if Xbox had a Final Fantasy.
    Uhh... the Xbox sold better than the Gamecube recently in Japan, which seems to be a growing trend.

Once again, didn't you leave, never to return?
    Hidden Content

Well, they do like completly different games so I try to keep them seperate.
    That doesn't change the fact that you are stereotyping them and us.
    ---Hidden Content ---

Games I like:
    Mech Assault
    Unreal Championship
    Transworld Snowboarding
    Splinter Cell
    Halo
    The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind
    Deathrow
    Bloodrayne
    Amped
    Project Gotham Racing
    Rallisport Challenge
    Ghost Recon
    Conflict Desert Storm
    Buffy: The Vampire Slayer
    NFL Fever

Funny, no Asian made games... Seems as though there are plenty of good North American and European made games to me.

As for the list you made Cannibal, I pretty much am disgusted by the quality of all of them. They are examples of horrible games to me.

If you look at the evolution of games made by Asian developers compared to the rest of the world, you will see that Asian games have not changed worth notice since the very start. Whereas the rest of the worlds developers and learned and grown from their experiences and are taking the industry in new and exciting directions. Its called progress. The asian developers are not progressing and I think they will become a thing of the past.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

I can honestly say I don;t find any of those games entertaining except for two, which I only kind of enjoy. I disagree with all of your statements.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Thread Information