Thread: Baseball games!!!!

Default Baseball games!!!!

What baseball game is going to be the best this year? I heard that sega has a good game, but inside pitch from microsoft has online play. Almost all of them look good. I would say it's between sega, acclaim, EA, and Microsoft. What do you think?

Gamerscore Whore

World Series Baseball 2k3(Sega) seems to be the cream of the crop this year. High Heat 2004(3DO) is a close second due to the depth of the game. HH 2004 had downloadable content. But neither title has online play.

I am skeptical on Microsofts Baseball title. If its online thats kewl, but last I heard it was undetermined. Microsoft had a good basbeall title for the PC but it still couldnt compare to High Heat.

High Heat comes out this week. Sega comes out in March.

I really don't like baseball, though I have always liked the 'WSB 2K' games from Sega. So I would have to go with that one.
    I can't stand you!

world series baseball last year was tight! i loved that game, i have high hopes for this years edition
    xbox 360 games owned...Amped 3, NBA2K7 & Guitar Hero 2

Wii games owned: wii play

wsb 2k4 without a doubt....plus it'll have online play...cant beat that

Gamerscore Whore

WSB 2k4 does NOT have online play. Nor does it have downloadable content. Which is a major bummer. High Heat is the online with downloadable content so far.

Originally posted by CrazyCougar-XBA
    WSB 2k4 does NOT have online play. Nor does it have downloadable content. Which is a major bummer. High Heat is the online with downloadable content so far.
    wsb 2k4 aint gonna be on xboxlive???? why would sega do that??

The Trash Man

High Heat comes out March 3rd not this week. WSB 2k4 comes out March 13th or 14th not next week.

Sega didn't put it in online play because they were having trouble with the way the game was acting up online and they didn't want to postpone the game any longer. They need the downloadable content though.... thats unforgivable...
    *~The XBA Trash Man~*

**Taking The Trash Out**

Originally posted by CrazyCougar-XBA
    I am skeptical on Microsofts Baseball title. If its online thats kewl, but last I heard it was undetermined.
    I just recently got my Game Informer (last issue thank god), and it say that Online Play for Inside Pitch was 'Yes'. But as you said, I also am skeptical of Inside Pitch. Same like Inside Drive and NFL Fever, they are decent games but they lacked depth, this seems to be the case with Inside Pitch, since it lacks 'Franchise Mode', 'Hall of Fame', 'Retro Jerseys', 'Retired and Old-Time Players', 'Online Roster Updates', 'Broken Bats', 'Create-a-Team', & 'Expansion Mode'. I think, looking at all the yes's and no's, I would have to go with All-Star 2004, since it has much more depth than all the other games.
    Last edited by LTM360; 02-18-2003 at 09:51 AM.

Default Re: Baseball games!!!!

Originally posted by Chiefroberts
    What baseball game is going to be the best this year? I heard that sega has a good game, but inside pitch from microsoft has online play. Almost all of them look good. I would say it's between sega, acclaim, EA, and Microsoft. What do you think?
    My vote goes to Sega this year. I am giving my cousin my last years version when I pick up WSB2K3

Default Re: Re: Baseball games!!!!

Originally posted by Unreal
    My vote goes to Sega this year. I am giving my cousin my last years version when I pick up WSB2K3
    You're giving him a free videogame, how nice of you. Will you give me several of your Xbox games.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

I'd end up getting the MS one as long as it has online play.

Chancellor Of Dark Enemy # 1 Stunner's Avatar

i love basebal games, th sega one will be good but come on, u made all ur sega titles online and not this? come on,too lazy?dont wanna waste ur time and maske a good game?oh wait wanna charge a monthly fee on this biitch now? oh screw it.

Originally posted by carlbme
    I'd end up getting the MS one as long as it has online play.
    Why don't you just get depth, along with online play? All-Star Baseball 2004 anyone?

Microsoft's game will probably look incredible but have no depth at all, like their other games. High Heat has all types of depth and options, but I was never a big fan of the gameplay. EA's game will have players with enormous heads, an arcade-like gameplay system, and no defense like every one of their other games. ASB will be a damn good game, but I'll have to go with WSB. Just like last year, those were the only two decent titles, but Sega took the edge with a great franchise mode and better visuals. With the ESPN license and an even more improved franchise mode, Sega is the game to buy this year.

Own:
    Halo, NBA 2K3, NFL 2K3, Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, Splinter Cell, FIFA World Cup 2002, Tony Hawk 2x, Dead to Rights, Sega GT/JSRF, Two Towers
    Sold:
    Max Payne, Morrowind, NFL Fever 2002, NHL Hitz 2002, Unreal Championship, NBA 2K2, Project Gotham Racing, Enclave, Hunter: The Reckoning, JSFR, Amped
    Want:
    BC, Blinx, Breed, Brute Force, Deus Ex II, Doom III, Fable, Halo 2, Loose Cannon, Mafia, Ninja Gaiden, Perfect Dark 0, Star Wars: KOTOR, Star Wars Jedi Outcast, True Crime, GTA 3x(wishful thining, but I wanna own it). 2003 is gonna be the year of the XBOX!
    Hate:
    Unreal Championship, Project Gotham Racing, NFL Fever, NBA Inside Drive, WWF Raw, JSRF, SSX Tricky, Madden, NBA Live, Enclave, Bruce Lee, Smashing Drive, Medal of Honor: Frontline, Metal Gear Solid Substance, Prisoner of War, more to come...

Originally posted by LTM360
    Why don't you just get depth, along with online play? All-Star Baseball 2004 anyone?
    dude, whan you have a job and family, you don't need too much depth. You just want to sit down, and play a game.

But, I know you're helping him get more bang for his buck.
    XBOX MSSC
    Hidden Content
    I'm back...for now...

the only LIVE baseball we are going to get is MS's Inside Pitch. I agree with the above who said it will look good but leave you wanting alot more depth. Typical of MS sport titles.

I am most enticed by High Heat 2004 . For the last 4 years, HH has RULED the baseball world with their PC version. Their console version on the PS2 sucked, but their PC version was without a doubt THE best baseball game going. Graphics lacked, but the gameplay and simulation was almost perfect every year.

With the new graphics engine, I am hoping they have got the graphics to take advantage of the xbox, plus bring the same great baseball gameplay and simulation as in the pc version. Man, would the be the ****za!

WSB 2004. 2003 was the best baseball game on the console last year...however that was not saying much. This game was decent, at best. Way too many GLARING deficiencies. Some were inexcusable. But, it looked really good and the got the atmosphere of being at the ballpark down pretty well. I'm hoping they come back strong with 2004 and build on what they started.

ASB 2004 . 2003 was not a very good game. It was SOOO BORING. It was like watching grass grow. They did the worse job of anyone in terms of bringing the fun of the ballpark to the player. Graphics were ok, gameplay was ok...but everything was just BORING. I am really hoping they worked on bringing the ambiance of the ballpark to the player.

MVP Baseball Thankfully, EA finally killed off the Triple Play franchise. That was the WORST of all franchises. We will see what this offers.

There has not been a really good baseball for the console in many many years. I think we are getting closer. What makes a great baseball game? Great graphics and animations. Great ballpark ambiance. Gonig to a baseball game is FUN. They need to bring the fun of a ballpark to the console player. Have the ambiance of each specific ballpark!!!! If Giambi hits a HR at Yankee stadium, then I want to hear the yankee bells!! And most importantly, GAME PLAY and LIFE LIKE SIMULATION. And great DEPTH.

Gamerscore Whore

The thing I am looking forward to most about High Heat is the A-AA-AAA minors rosters you can work with. That is depth. The only thing that I am worried about would be the controls. I am hoping High Heat gives full control to the human and not the CPU. I want to make the diving catches, leaping grabs over the wall, chase down that long fly ball, etc.... I think High Heat has great potential on the Xbox and I hope they use all the power available to them. Will it top the PC version? Most likely not but it can still be a great console baseball game.

WSB 2k3 should be totally awesome since this was the best game on the market. Its going to be a tough choice, I'll probably get both of these titles.

Inside Pitch I will most likely pass on. A baseball game needs more than an online play option to reel me in.

Thread Information