Thread: Downloading to the X-box?

Default Downloading to the X-box?

I’m really stressing out! Um can anyone help me? You see I was just wondering if I can take the music off my computer and some how transfer it to my x-box. Is that possible? Anything would be appreciated! Thanks!
    "Dont let my looks fool you! I can hang with the toughest of boys! All Hail Gaming Goddess!"

you can make a music cd and put that on your xbox. but it cant be mp3s

Originally posted by Snoopy7548
    you can make a music cd and put that on your xbox. but it cant be mp3s
    yeah, and burn it to a cd-rw because I think that only a few types of cd-r cds work for doing it.

Hey it works! Thanks so much!
    "Dont let my looks fool you! I can hang with the toughest of boys! All Hail Gaming Goddess!"

How else do you burn them if they aren't mp3's? What other format do you use?

you convert the mp3s to wavs

Hey how would you do that? Convert the mp3's to wav. I'm asking for future knowledge!

There are a few different ways. I know that with Winamp you can go into Preferences and under Output choose Nullsoft Disk Writer.

That's probably the easiest way since most people use Winamp.
    There are also other products that you can download that will convert them as well.

you convert the mp3s to wavs
    How does one go about doing that?

Originally posted by xboxman_1
    How does one go about doing that?
    Seems we posted at about the same time.

Read my post above yours.

If you have a CD burning program like Nero, start an Audio CD session, then drag and drop the MP3's. It will convert them automatically for you, and write an audio CD.

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

goto zdnet.com and check out a converter or do a search on google for a converter. download it and install it.

you can change a wav. to mp3. to wav. to ogg. to whatever it offers you. wav files are like 50mb per song though. so instead of having 1 song be 3mb you will have 75mb or something.

Gamerscore Whore

Thats right .wav files are much largers. You can make them smaller by changing some of the options but this lowers the quality of the sound. Since its going on your xbox I wouldnt worry too much about that.

By the way Gamergirl welcome to XBA.

Originally posted by CrazyCougar-XBA
    Thats right .wav files are much largers. You can make them smaller by changing some of the options but this lowers the quality of the sound. Since its going on your xbox I wouldnt worry too much about that.

By the way Gamergirl welcome to XBA.
    Yes, welcome to XBA, I needed another New Yorker in here...these West Coast kids keep picking on me

so your saying XBOX can read cr-rw but not cd-r. I have not tried cdrw yet. just assumed that if cdr did not work neither would cdrw. this was one of my biggest frustrations with the xbox i tried to use a cdr and it did not work so i assumed it would only work with pressed cd's.

Official Hitman of XBA Hitman101's Avatar

Doesn't your CD mastering software come with the conversion stuff ?? Mine did, all I have to do is put the mp3's in the order I want and tell it to make an Audio cd and thats it . No converting to wav or anything, Just plain old burning an audio cd. The software I use is Stomp Record Now CD mastering software. It works alot better then Roxio.
    Hidden Content

THE HITMAN IS BACK !!!! Yet again !!!

Talking Nice welcome!

Hey Thanks for making me feel all warm and welcomed! And Casper its all about the Big apple baby!

Oh and for converting, i have major problems with that! Does any one know where i can get a Mp3 Converter without buying it online? Does a free one exist?

Member on the run

Originally posted by casper
    Yes, welcome to XBA, I needed another New Yorker in here...these West Coast kids keep picking on me
    Wuss!

Oh wait, I'm east coast!

Originally posted by casper
    You better get all the friends you can Casper. And remember what happened to biggie when he came out here..........
    RIP Dave

Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn
    You better get all the friends you can Casper. And remember what happened to biggie when he came out here..........

You had to go there...man, and the anniversary of that is March 9th - 5 years...and a week before my b-day

Duke, you best recognize, cuz as far as I can see, us East Coasters own all your arses in GR and Halo

Gamergirl - don't let these punks scare ya, their a bunch of softies too...and btw, I'm not in the city, about an hour north in between NYC and Albany

Thread Information