Thread: Xbox to be pulled out of japan??

in a world fueled by adrenaline....Mwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!Git.

Default Xbox to be pulled out of japan??

apparently xbox is doing very very poorly in japan with half the sales of the cube and gates is thinking of pulling the console out of japan altogether. is this true???

Member on the run

Um...you need to learn never to post something like this without a link. Otherwise, you will only get flamed. Especially when you're so new. So I'll be the first to ask...Proof?

Originally posted by rudedogX
    Um...you need to learn never to post something like this without a link. Otherwise, you will only get flamed. Especially when you're so new. So I'll be the first to ask...Proof?
    Rude, I have proof right here...

Xbox Outsells GameCube In Japan
    17 Feb 2003 11:25 GMT

Alan Dykes
    Figures for the end of January represent a milestone for Microsoft's console.
    Microsoft's Xbox console has beaten Nintendo's GameCube for the first time since it launched, according to sales figures compiled by Shukan Fami-tsu Data Inc, which collates information from Japan's seven biggest videogame retailers, as well as the independent sector.

For the week ending Friday 31 January the Xbox sold 8,862 units, versus 8,177 GameCubes - and in the same week Xbox software sales accounted for an unprecedented 16 percent of the market, mainly led by Tecmo's Dead Or Alive: Extreme Beach Volleyball.

Sony will hardly be troubled by the news though - although PS2 sales were down week on week, it still managed to shovel more than 58,000 consoles out of the door, helped no doubt by an astonishing 309,279 first-week sales for Capcom's Devil May Cry 2.

Another significant milestone is about to be hit by Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire. Although their combined sales are now down to 'just' over 33,000 units a week, a grand total of nearly four million have been sold since launch last November.
    Proof that he's wrong at least

source

Default Re: Xbox to be pulled out of japan??

Originally posted by :X:._D_O_A_.:X:
    apparently xbox is doing very very poorly in japan with half the sales of the cube and gates is thinking of pulling the console out of japan altogether. is this true???
    You must live under a rock. Everyone and their uncle knows the Xbox is doing poorly in Japan. Even Mr Gates knows it. My thoughts on this thread

Member on the run

Default Re: Re: Xbox to be pulled out of japan??

Originally posted by Unreal
    You must live under a rock. Everyone and their uncle knows the Xbox is doing poorly in Japan. Even Mr Gates knows it. My thoughts on this thread
    And yet there's the article above your post.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I understand that one of the biggest qualms the Japanese have about the XBox is the size of the console. Don't ask me why, but, the Japanese believe that "space" is the most sacred thing on Earth. I'm actually being serious about that.

But, all in all, having a smaller XBox will cut down on production costs for the development of the XBox anyhow. Personally, I like my big black and green beast

I havent heard any news on that so I ain't believing it.

I actually like the size of tha 'Box too. I spent, and am still spending, way too much money for it to set in a hole somewhere and not be seen by everyone that walks into my house. Anyway, I think the Japan market will open up to the X some day, whenever they get off of their POS2 kick.

Thread Information