Thread: Criterion goes the extra mile with Burnout 2 for Xbox

Default Criterion goes the extra mile with Burnout 2 for Xbox

"We've increased the size of what seemed to be the most popular game mode in B2, which is the Crash Mode. On the PS2 version, there are 15 crash junctions to unlock. For Gamecube and Xbox, we went back to the drawing board and decided to create 13 all-new crash junctions - we finished two of them for the PS2 version but they did not make it into the final release version, so that gives us 30 junctions in total."

"On the Xbox version, we have 5.1 Dolby Digital audio, an extra couple of decal sets for the Custom Series vehicles (so there are some Xbox-exclusive cars in there), and we have statistics-only support for the new Xbox Live service, which launches in March. Also, we've included a custom soundtrack option so Xbox owners can race to their own choice of music, plus the 'boost increase' still works even with your own music playing.

"In addition, we have the usual 16:9, 50/60hz options, Wavebird support, and progressive scan for NTSC stuff that people expect from us these days."

"Speed. Sixty frames a second is where it's at. There is no other framerate. All these Xbox games we keep seeing running at 30fps just make us smile."
    Now that is awfully refreshing. I'm guessing the last quote is a dig at EA. Gotta love em.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

hell ya this game looks dope!

Very good to hear.

I liked the first one, so this will be a game im gonna have to check out

I am going to have to give this game a rent for sure now.

im getting this one for fact now.

Was the first one any good?
    Hidden Content

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Nelson Mandela

naw its not good its AWESOME this game rocks man if you like fun raing games this is a must. specially the nitro is the best feels like your really going fast, like everything around you sucks in becuzzz of how fast your going. its a must have.

Official Aussie of XBA™ Rochey69r's Avatar

when dos it come out in the USA?

i personally cannot wait for this game.

i love the fast and the furious film and cant wait to drive some of the cars out of it!

kik it into 1st, 2nd, pa CHIWW, 3rd pa CHIWWW hit the NOS and ROOOWW!!!i live my life a quarter mile at a time, for those 10 secs or less im free.

Thread Information