Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: where are the rpg's????????????????

Question where are the rpg's????????????????

xbox is getting its ass whopped in this genre when will xbox get some good rpg's xbox has like what 2 decent ones and ps2 has 20 good ones!!!!

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Be patient...i know Xbox is very lacking off in this section. A good one is on the way..Star Wars: KOTOR.
    Back into the world of gaming.

They need to get they a$$ in gear, I'm tired of waiting.

I cant wait for swkotor, fable, sw galaxies and some massive multplayer ones too.... Bring them on!
    Morrowind was the sh*t!! when they're that good, they're worth the wait in my opinion.
    "he who lives by the sword, dies by the sword"

xbAWOL

Originally posted by ThomasHun
    They need to get they a$$ in gear, I'm tired of waiting.
    i agree, but hopefully all these delays will equal phenomonal(sp?) rpgs!

kotor, fable, and sudeki all look and sound great, lets hope they are worth the wait!

Originally posted by MixMasta
    kotor, fable, and sudeki all look and sound great, lets hope they are worth the wait!
    Oh I think they will be. They are all ground breaking in some way...

KOTOR: First RPG set in the Star Wars universe ever. Xbox hardware looks like its being used pretty well by the physics and graphics engine

Sudeki: FF7 type spells and summonings, but all in real-time combat and with an amazing effects and lighting engine to boot.

Fable: Ground breaking in every way. Graphics, story, genre... it should be a game that everyone will have to buy.

There are a couple of MMORPG's and online RPG's as well on their way, but thats not really going to catch my interest if I have to pay a monthly fee to pay for them. They deserve mention though:

Phantasy Star Online I and II, True Fantasy Live Online, Star Wars Galaxies.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

ok kotor is coming out in may now, sudeki i dont known when its exactly coming out as for fable most likely 2004!!!! maybe maybe winter 2003

xbAWOL

Originally posted by Dre
    Oh I think they will be. They are all ground breaking in some way...

KOTOR: First RPG set in the Star Wars universe ever. Xbox hardware looks like its being used pretty well by the physics and graphics engine

Sudeki: FF7 type spells and summonings, but all in real-time combat and with an amazing effects and lighting engine to boot.

Fable: Ground breaking in every way. Graphics, story, genre... it should be a game that everyone will have to buy.

There are a couple of MMORPG's and online RPG's as well on their way, but thats not really going to catch my interest if I have to pay a monthly fee to pay for them. They deserve mention though:

Phantasy Star Online I and II, True Fantasy Live Online, Star Wars Galaxies.

what you said about sudeki is the total reason why i want it. i have never really been a fan of the turn based rpgs, but i like the story lines and graphics and overall atmostphere of the ff series. this game seems to recreate the overall atmostphere, but eliminates the turn based combat....i totally cant wait!

as for the mmorpgs, the only one im interested in is Galaxies, it looks sweet....from what ive seen of true fantasy, it looks a little kiddish, but i havent heard really anything about it, ive just seen the screens, but i will do so research on it later. does anyone know whether it will be turnbased or not?

I haveposted this countless times now. I guess countless plus one wont make me want to kill you too bad.

Here is the list of RPG games on xbox that www.xbox.com has listed.

Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance Interplay Entertainment November 2002 $49.99 Teen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BlackStone: Magic and Steel Xicat Interactive February 2003 $49.99 Teen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Bethesda Softworks June 2002 $49.99 Teen

Fable Microsoft Game Studios Winter 2003 $49.99 Rating Pending

Gladius LucasArts May 2003 $49.99 Rating Pending

Metal Dungeon Xicat Interactive November 2002 $49.99 Teen

Nightcaster II: Equinox Jaleco Entertainment December 2002 $49.99 Teen

Phantasy Star Online Episode I and II Sega Corporation March 2003 $39.99 Teen

Psychonauts Microsoft Game Studios Winter 2003 $49.99 Rating Pending

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic LucasArts Spring 2003 $49.99 Teen

Sudeki Microsoft Game Studios Winter 2003 $49.99 Rating Pending

Those aren't all of them either.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

All I have wanted to play as of late are RPG's and I can say man there are a hell of alot on PS2 and I even went back and got soem of the best PS1 RPGs. I say the XB has really let us down in this area, but just go get a PS2. I just finished FFX at 60hours , befor that it was Kingdom Hearts at 55 hours . Now I am playing Xenogears and got Finnal Fantisy Tactics in just a minute ago. I also plan to get many mroe soon, like DC2, Xenosaga, FF7 and 8. And many more needless to say I will have alot to do with these. I have had KOTOR on pre order on preorder for moer than a year but by what I seen in the OXm preview I am not thinking it will be very good. I dotn want any MMO I have to pay a monthly fee for so no PSO. I think the only good RPG heading to the XB may be Fable in 2020.

Edited: I forgot about Morrowind and Bulders gate I have both of those and they are ok. But I am really into turn based fighting right now. Sept for DC2 and soon ZELDA
    Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

Dude, PSO is not even a MMORPG. Sega is just ripping people off, they have no legitamite reason to charge a monthly fee for that game. They are just as bad as EA but people are blind to it for some reason. For example, the Xbox version of NHL 2K3 is the only version to not have ice reflections.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

The Frew-its of the Devil

Talking

Imagine what the Japanese RPG makers could do with the XBOX!!!!!! OMG, I hope they stop slackin and get to crackin cause I'm in a serious RPG slump here. As straight forward as FF games are, they are still pretty fun. Like an interactive story book. Hope they jump on the ball and hurry up cause I bet they could really make some graphically intense games with our black and green game machine!
    "I do not say anything offensive, people simply take offense to the things I say." Keith Valdez '96'

Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
    Dude, PSO is not even a MMORPG.
    Ya, I was considering getting this game despite the monthly fee until I found out its only 4 player. On top of that, you require an XBL connection to play it, even offline. Who the hell thought of that bright idea at Sega? They should be shot, you've just reduced your potential market from 4 million to 250 000... wtf where they thinking?
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

I don't know, Sega has always been horrible. Leave it to them to destroy something that could be good.

Originally posted by Dre
    Ya, I was considering getting this game despite the monthly fee until I found out its only 4 player. On top of that, you require an XBL connection to play it, even offline. Who the hell thought of that bright idea at Sega? They should be shot, you've just reduced your potential market from 4 million to 250 000... wtf where they thinking?
    250,000 X Monthly fee = $$$ in the long run

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I've never been a fan of RPGs, so, no big deal to me. The only way I would consider looking or contemplating on buying an RPG is that it would have to be on XBox Live and have the ability to enter a world where there are tons of people playing on-line all the time...and you can jump into the action at any time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for the stupid ass Sims or anything...I'm looking for some hardcore action...creating squads or militia groups and conquering castles via invasions, etc...that would simply be bad ass.

Welcome to the world of MMORPG's Maximus! MMORPG = Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games. That is what Galaxies is going to be like.

yah i want rpg's but not mmorpgs because you have to pay 10 bucks a month to play it

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Originally posted by sniperdoggy
    yah i want rpg's but not mmorpgs because you have to pay 10 bucks a month to play it
    That's what XBox Live is for...free

Wondering Around

rpgs are fun in a sense... but not fun enough to warrent paying additional money to play them. I want to get fable but only if its free, and i dont see any reason it wouldn't be free (except for buying it).

Thread Information