Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When did you buy Xbox?

Question When did you buy Xbox?

I remember when I bought the first issue of XBM in November and the other mag with it. I also remember buying Xbox for 299.99+6% I was so happy. How about anyone else did they buy Xbox when it first came out?
    --J

XBOX ROX!

^_^

Renegade of funk

If I remember right, it was the day after it came out. Halo, Project Gotham Racing, and 3 other controllers. It seems so long ago. BTW, over a year of owning an Xbox, and I've had no malfunctions, or dirty disk errors.

Same here. No problems at all. Still love my big green and black beast
    --J

XBOX ROX!

^_^

I bought my Xbox right before Christmas of 2001 along with Dead or Alive 3 & Halo.

Da experience was'nt as exciting as when I was in line for my Sega Dreamcast at Midnight back on 9/9/99 when I also copped Sonic Adventure, NFL2K, Ready 2 Rumble, & Soul Calibur.
    But none da less, im happy with my purchase.

There is NO Greater Power Than X

Ya Herrred Me!?

I got mine for Christmas of 2001, I got another controller, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2x, and Halo. I have never had any problems with my big black box.

i got mine on November 15 th 2001 ,but i think i paid for it in october ,i rember taking it home an playing DOA3 then Fever i was too scared to play Halo cause it looked so hard but when my little brother got home me an him sat down an playeed some co-op ,what fond memorys
    Hidden Content props to Caged Soul for the sig an props to my mom for giving birth to me

i had pre orded myne from toys r us for some wierd reason lol. day one of u.k release i walked into the store at 11.00am walked stright upto the counter gave them my recipt and was at home playing halo/gotham raching at 11.25am.

and same ive had only 1 ever dirty disc error and it was a rental from blockbusters. never had any trouble at all .
    Scared ? You will be.

Craziest Mofo in the XBA Crazy Joe's Avatar

nov. 18, 2001.. it was purely a spontaneous purchase, i didn't even know that much about the console. now over a year later i have spent over $3000 CDN on the system, accesories and games for it

Wondering Around

i got mine on the day it came out... no problems so far. =)

Lets go Canes/ Marlins! AlBoogy's Avatar

Originally posted by Shannon-XBA
    i got mine on the day it came out... no problems so far. =)
    Lucky. I bought my first one the first day with replacement plan. A year later it took a dump so I got my second one in late november. That one took a dump and got a third one in Jan. No problems YET.

Thank you to Caged Soul for the Sig! Hidden Content

Lets go Canes/ Marlins! AlBoogy's Avatar

Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
    I bought my Xbox right before Christmas of 2001 along with Dead or Alive 3 & Halo.

Da experience was'nt as exciting as when I was in line for my Sega Dreamcast at Midnight back on 9/9/99 when I also copped Sonic Adventure, NFL2K, Ready 2 Rumble, & Soul Calibur.
    But none da less, im happy with my purchase.

There is NO Greater Power Than X

Ya Herrred Me!?
    You couldnt have said it any better. Granted, I was blown away by halo. But not as much when I first popped in NFL2K and Ready 2 Rumble. WOW.

Thank you to Caged Soul for the Sig! Hidden Content

I got it for Christmas 2001, about a month after it came out. I got it with Oddworld and Amped. I bought Halo a few months later, after renting it first. The graphics and games were amazing and I knew I would be dedicated to this console for years!

Launch day.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

The Frew-its of the Devil

Talking

The one I am currently using is a Launch Box, the one I had before it I bought in Febuary of last year, died right after the limited warrantee. The one I have now used to be my sisters, but she gave it to me for my bday (today) with all her games both because she never plays and because mine broke and I'm too broke to get a new one. ROCK ON SIS!!!
    "I do not say anything offensive, people simply take offense to the things I say." Keith Valdez '96'

Originally posted by AlBoogy
    You couldnt have said it any better. Granted, I was blown away by halo. But not as much when I first popped in NFL2K and Ready 2 Rumble. WOW.
    Dont forget Soul Calibur, I was up until 7am da next day playing it until my eyes started bleeding! :o

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I got mine on Launch day after spending 14 hours of camping overnight just so I could be first in line to get one I bought Halo and PGR one week before the launch. I bought Amped one week after launch.

I still play Halo practically every other day...and Amped I play atleast once a week. PGR...well, I haven't touched it in several months.

last November along with halo and I havent put it down since

xbAWOL

from the beggining, and i will be with it till the end!

GO X GO X GO X!!! w00t!

Gamerscore Whore

March of 2002. I finally played enough of my PS2 and gave it to my son. Went out and got the Xbox and the first game I had was Rallisport Challenge. I dont care for Halo at all so it never entered my Xbox until my brother brought it over to play. I think I have played Halo twice total in my Xbox life...LOL..No thanks, I'll take the sports games.

Thread Information