Poll: PS2 or GC

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: PS2 or GC

Default PS2 or GC

Well?
    Now Playing: Project Gotham Racing 2 | Rainbow Six 3
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I would pick PS2 over the "kiddie-cube" because of games like GTA over thing like Mario

UIts actually hard to say. Hardware wise definetly the GameCube. However, if you are basing your decision on software then all you can do i read up on all future titles and see which ones interest you the most. Then whichever console has more exclusive software you are looking forward to, choose it.

Xbox still is the best though, there should be no question in any bodies mind.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Originally posted by canadianboi3
    I would pick PS2 over the "kiddie-cube" because of games like GTA over thing like Mario
    Being a bit fanboyish aren't we now.

Originally posted by canadianboi3
    why do fanboys always have to compare games on ps2 like gta to something like mario or something that looks like something a little kid would enjoy??...why dont you mention the resident evil titles or eternal darkness???(and alot more games on the cube that are on the ps2 and xbox)...those games are on the cube, does that make them "kiddie" just cause a game is bright and colorful and is enjoyable to any age group does not make it "kiddie".........what ever happen to fun??...does fun not count anymore (id prefer monkeyball over gta cause of the fun factor anyday)and imo metroid craps on gta and all the games on the ps2....so i guess you can say id choose the gamecube over ps2 for sure ..........note i own all 3 systems so im no fanboy

I dunno about you people, but I would pick the Gamecube over the PS2 any day..

Get a GameCube, better graphics and 4-player games As mentioned before Metroid Prime is as good as GTA IMO and Zelda is coming out soon.

PS2.

DVD's, Online Gaming, More Games, and simply more people have it.

DVD's,
    I'm guessing he already has an xbox for this.

Online Gaming
    PS2 online is not much better than GCN...games are just scarce right now obviously.

More Games
    Quality over quantity, thats Nintendo's motto.

simply more people have it.
    Why is that a good thing??

GCN all the way.

Name one good thing about GC.

More people = more friends have it = more people to play with.

BTW, I don't really see any good games GC has right now, or I would of bought it. GTA makes me want to buy a PS2, even if it's one game.

Some people see Zelda as a "must buy" well, not for me, I never really got a chance to play the game. But IMO, it kind of looks trite.

I dunno, JMO.
    Last edited by Xbox Owner; 03-07-2003 at 10:20 PM.

Bah, PS2 and its game line up is way overhyped. I would personally prefer a GameCube.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Name one good thing about GC.
    Well, okay, here I go:

Better graphics, nintendo exclusives, better controller, have never heard of one crapping out and needing repairing (unlike xbox and ps2), obvious coolness of the GBA link-ability, and now the *** as hell EA is collaborating with them to make 20 some odd games this year, with at least 4 being linkable to the GBA.

EDIT: BTW, this is JMO.

Originally posted by xboxman_1
    Well, okay, here I go:

Better graphics, nintendo exclusives, better controller, have never heard of one crapping out and needing repairing (unlike xbox and ps2), obvious coolness of the GBA link-ability, and now the *** as hell EA is collaborating with them to make 20 some odd games this year, with at least 4 being linkable to the GBA.

EDIT: BTW, this is JMO.
    Nintendo Exclusives.. like what? Mario?

Better Controller? lol..

BTW, no sega sports games, so have fun playing madden

Nintendo Exclusives.. like what? Mario?
    Ya, and metroid, SSBM, and eternal darkness.

Better Controller? lol..
    like i said, JMO.

BTW, no sega sports games, so have fun playing madden
    I have an xbox.

I have an xbox.
    Yeah, but we're arguing what is better, PS2 or GC; so some one could be reading this without an Xbox trying to debate on this.

PS2:
    -Online Gaming
    -PS2 Exclusives
    -Controller (small, but good)
    -DVD Player
    -EA's support (go figure?)
    -Owned in many homes

Gamecube:
    -Nintendo Exclusives
    -EA's support (to some extent)
    -Better Graphics
    -Four Controller Ports
    -GBA Link ability

Blah.. thats all I can think of.

Isnt Madden considered by most to be better than NFL 2K3?? I really dont know, because I dont really play sports games.

Isnt Madden considered by most to be better than NFL 2K3?? I really dont know, because I dont really play sports games.
    Yeah, but not in my eyes.

I wasn't going to post here for a while but I just couldn't refuse not replying to this thread.

Buy a PS2 and stay away from GC. I own both systems, trust me. The PS2 is an excellent system. It has tons and tons of great games. The PS2 also having the best release date schedule at the moment compared to all systems. My PS2 gets played 90% of the time. It has the best RPG games, fighting games, music games, flight games, platform games, etc. The PS2 is far from a disappointement. I only have 21 games for it and there are still 30 more I'd like to buy that are out. Plus, Sony Computer Entertainment America has the best first party lineup of games compared to all systems. There games only retial for $40 too. The Greatest Hits are really good. I'll also add that the PS2 has some great looking graphics. It also does the best CG cinemas. The PS2 also has an excellent quality DVD player and the systems DVD games are the quietest of all systems.

My GC is collecting dust and I haven't played it since I rented Metroid Prime in November. I only like 2/3 games I own and there are only 4 games I want for it.

Get a PS2.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

I'd say PS2 b/c of several reasons...

online play
    GTA series
    sports titles
    and hella big selection of wicked games.

no to GCN b/c
    Sega 2k series is cancelled!
    EA sports selection will be reduced
    i don't like their exclusive games anyway (cept maybe metroid which I haen't tried yet).
    and purple?!?!

EA sports selection will be reduced
    Actually no, not at all, they have 20 games planed this year for GCN.

and purple?!?!
    Come on now, I've got a jet black cube up in my room right now.

Most people will only agree with Burning if they like japanese RPG's and strange novelty games, or basically anything developed in Japan.

Thread Information