Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PLaystation 3 in '03?!?!?!?!!?

Xba's Official Hierarch TheCovenant's Avatar

Default PLaystation 3 in '03?!?!?!?!!?

Today on tech tv,a show called screen savers said that at an earlier interview with sony's playstation hardware development factory, tryout development will commence next month, and even went as far as to say that playstation 3 will debut within the year, (more specifically, December 26, 2003).

It was also announced that sony was breached for comments, and the statement was immediatly denied, saying that the playstation 2 is selling well and introducing or even announcing such an early debut for sony's next installment in the console market, would hurt the earlier part of the years income for playstation hardware.

Anaysts predicted that such a date is entirely feasible, and so was their comment. The factory will start manufacturing test hardware in may, and announcing the playstation this early will hurt the companies market.

Although skeptical, it's still bizarre that playstation would make such amove, but seeing as how microsoft has dominated the market (online), sony has decided to take out an early more powerful (than playstation 2) machine to enhance online expiriances.

Just my opinion in that last paragraph, everything else i just saw (March 10, 2003---4:00 pm Standard pacific time)
    Don't RTFM me! I already RTFMed, okay!

Maybe they meant they would reveal some specs about it or it's design. Yeah it's a little too early to release PS3. Plus didn't Sony first push PS3 down to 2004, but when Xbox debuted Sony saw that it had a vast majority of fan boys it decided to push it back up to 2005? I don't know Sony just likes to lie a lot. I remember they said that they didn't have enough PS2s for launch but when Nintendo revealed that GBA sold more quickly and a massive ammount on its debut. Sony then came out and said that had they shipped those extra PS2s they would have beaten Nintendo. Sony has got some issues to sort out.
    Hidden Content
    Now Playing: Pantera - Cemetary Gates

Well the PS2 has been out for a while. I personally hope it comes out. It will probably only be as good as the current Xbox. Then when the next Xbox comes out it will destroy the PS3. That or else Sony will come out with the PS4 when the next Xbox comes out, and it will still blow away the Sony.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

My new PSM magazine I got in the mail today had an Aprils fools joke that the PS3 cell technology was that it would do the best cel-shading graphics ever and every game would be cell shaded. I would have loved that to be true since I like cel shading.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

Originally posted by Burning Ranger
    My new PSM magazine I got in the mail today had an Aprils fools joke that the PS3 cell technology was that it would do the best cel-shading graphics ever and every game would be cell shaded. I would have loved that to be true since I like cel shading.
    okay, explain to me one more time.......why did you come back?

Maybe they meant they would reveal some specs about it or it's design. Yeah it's a little too early to release PS3. Plus didn't Sony first push PS3 down to 2004, but when Xbox debuted Sony saw that it had a vast majority of fan boys it decided to push it back up to 2005? I don't know Sony just likes to lie a lot. I remember they said that they didn't have enough PS2s for launch but when Nintendo revealed that GBA sold more quickly and a massive ammount on its debut. Sony then came out and said that had they shipped those extra PS2s they would have beaten Nintendo. Sony has got some issues to sort out.

i didn't misunderstand anything. it was very clear. the factory will begin industrializing the new test hardware. if they begin this process as early as may, then a final, mass-produced product is entirly plausible, if not almost fact, that it will be available at the end of the year.

xbAWOL

not that this really is important, but was the release date for the us or japanese market?

Originally posted by MixMasta
    not that this really is important, but was the release date for the us or japanese market?
    i'm thinking japanese, although that is a very valid question. I assumed it would be a US release date, but I had my mind set on xbox gears, where everything launches in the US first(sweet though isnt it?)

Yea, i think the japanese will be the first to indulge in their brand new machine of infiriority (Note: my friggin opinion, no flamming).

I will be ****ed at sony if they try such a manuever. This will make the next generation exactly like this one. Playstion will have the best graphics of all the lastgeneratio console and will debut early. everyone will get it because a third generation console is better than nintendo and xbox's first generaation.

People will have pride in their new system and a year later when a good system comes out, no one will want to reinvest, even though that new system is better in nearly every way.....

****es me off.....

This would be awesome... I would get my PS3 and then have a whole year before to build up a solid games collection before I get my Xbox 2nd Generation Next 2

Not a chance for 2003, or preorders would be out the door
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Gamerscore Whore

I'll say this much, don't go into shock when you see the PS3 at the end of this year.

The reports are false. It ain't happening. Link
    Now Playing

its not true, but it would be stupid for them to release a totally new system after 2 years.

Originally posted by xboxmaster2002
    its not true, but it would be stupid for them to release a totally new system after 2 years.
    Yeah, if Sony pulled a stunt like that then console gaming would start to go down the tubes like PC has been recently. I mean Geforce 4 is atleast year old or less and it's already being replaced by Geforce FX. There would be no progress because then no one would be able to take advantage of any hardware. The developers must then have PS2 and PS3 in mind so then everything will be mediocore. And the sad thing is if that actually would work out for Sony, MS would try the same thing to stay in competition.

No sir, let's hope a travesty like that doesn't happen.
    Hidden Content
    Now Playing: Pantera - Cemetary Gates

ahh Bull****

bust a nut

why would ppl beleive that stupid crap??

even if it was true, ps3 will be all crappy and shiat in its performance.

Does anyone have any links to pics of the PS3?

Originally posted by Liquid Gears
    Does anyone have any links to pics of the PS3?
    It is kinda hard to have pics of something that doesn't exist. All you will find are artist renderings, none of which are from Sony.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

There are no pics. I already proved it in my link I gave that Sony doesn't plan to release it anytime soon. If Sony did release it, I would definately buy it. Any system with Final Fantasy on it can never go bad.

I don't think Sony should release it right now anyway because the PS2 is already done okay and I'm very happy with mine.
    Now Playing

Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
    It is kinda hard to have pics of something that doesn't exist. All you will find are artist renderings, none of which are from Sony.
    Hey, I've seen pics of the new console system "The Phantom" coming out. I don't see why they could have some pics of the PS3

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Originally posted by Liquid Gears
    Hey, I've seen pics of the new console system "The Phantom" coming out. I don't see why they could have some pics of the PS3
    Because the phantorm is coming out in late of 2003. Maybe WYSIWYG or this one just a beta.
    Back into the world of gaming.

Thread Information