Thread: Just heard that Xbox 2 will be PC compatible

Default Just heard that Xbox 2 will be PC compatible

Share everything

keyboard

vidcards

RAM

Processor

everything

I heard this from an MS employee. I like the idea. Now they need a force feedback analog stick and wowowowowowo
    Your sig image is too big. The entire sig can be no larger than 500x250 pixels. Please reduce it in size before you repost. Thanks, XBA Staff.

xbAWOL

u heard it from an ms employee, eh?

im gonna need some hard evidence to believe this, it kinda sounds like bs, but prove me wrong, i dare you!

Official Hitman of XBA Hitman101's Avatar

Default Re: Just heard that Xbox 2 will be PC compatible

Originally posted by Bigwig
    Share everything

keyboard

vidcards

RAM

Processor

everything

I heard this from an MS employee. I like the idea. Now they need a force feedback analog stick and wowowowowowo
    Vidcards.................Ram.......................Processor............me think not. Me think you got played.
    Hidden Content

THE HITMAN IS BACK !!!! Yet again !!!

Believe it or not, but not only will it be PC compatible, but it'll be able to be hooked to to the PS3 to play system link. They're also working on a Gameboy Advance 2 adapter, so you can cross connect both devices.

You forgot about the microwave build in
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Originally posted by wweomaniac
    Believe it or not, but not only will it be PC compatible, but it'll be able to be hooked to to the PS3 to play system link. They're also working on a Gameboy Advance 2 adapter, so you can cross connect both devices.
    Lol, Microsoft would get so many lawsuits up there a$ that it wouldn't even be funny.
    Hidden Content

sounds like an early april fools joke

yea it sounds to good to be true....but it woul be awesome if it was true

How could it sound true ?!?!?!? He said you could share Processors and video cards.............That would totally suck.
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by Hitman101
    Lol, Microsoft would get so many lawsuits up there a$ that it wouldn't even be funny.
    bah, to late
    i still like xbox though, ehehehe
    dean for president!!!!!!

The current xbox already uses PC technology, as does everyother console. So this isn't exactly far fetched. It sounds like it could be pretty awesome though. Think about it. A game like Unreal Championship or Morrowind that people say have such horrible framerates could run good. Maybe instead of bringing out a new console every 5 years they are going to just realease the next Xbox and have it use PC technology so people can upgrade. That is kinda bad becuase they would be money holes but it is kind of good in the same sense. Maybe they would put out Processors, RAM and Video cards that would cost less than the PC counterparts. Ofcourse, the mouse keyboard idea is horrible in my idea. The other things have potential but I still doubt it is true.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Originally posted by Variation
    You forgot about the microwave build in
    I heard about that... Isnt it also supposed to be like the size of a gamecube and double as cell phone / GPS?

Originally posted by Viper87227
    I heard about that... Isnt it also supposed to be like the size of a gamecube and double as cell phone / GPS?
    Ya, with the deluxe UB3R 1337 plasma ray and the superduper mega shieldX?
    dean for president!!!!!!

for some reason i though this thread was started by brevity...

I think im loosing it

edit: LOST: My Serenity

If found please call 1-IMA-DUM-BASS
    Last edited by Viper87227; 03-12-2003 at 08:19 PM.

Guys, you're all forgetting about the foldable 50" tv that comes on top of it.

Originally posted by wbio
    Guys, you're all forgetting about the foldable 50" tv that comes on top of it.
    They upgraded it to 51" :P
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

xbAWOL

Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
    The current xbox already uses PC technology, as does everyother console. So this isn't exactly far fetched. It sounds like it could be pretty awesome though. Think about it. A game like Unreal Championship or Morrowind that people say have such horrible framerates could run good. Maybe instead of bringing out a new console every 5 years they are going to just realease the next Xbox and have it use PC technology so people can upgrade. That is kinda bad becuase they would be money holes but it is kind of good in the same sense. Maybe they would put out Processors, RAM and Video cards that would cost less than the PC counterparts. Ofcourse, the mouse keyboard idea is horrible in my idea. The other things have potential but I still doubt it is true.
    even though upgrading seems logical, i find it much to expensive! i remember when my computer used to be top of the line(like 4 years ago ) and then like within a year, games that were coming out had their minimum specs the same as my computers specs. so then i gotta go out a get more ram, new hardrive, new graphics card and it ends up leaving me poor without money to buy games. That is the whole reason I moved back to console gaming. the xbox was my first system since my snes. and it is a relief not to have to worry about a game not working on my xbox, since all xbox games will work! and the 300+ i will spend on consoles every 4-5 years is much less then the 200 dollar graphic card every 2 years, and the new 200 hardrive and however much i would spend on ram!

Originally posted by MixMasta
    even though upgrading seems logical, i find it much to expensive! i remember when my computer used to be top of the line(like 4 years ago ) and then like within a year, games that were coming out had their minimum specs the same as my computers specs. so then i gotta go out a get more ram, new hardrive, new graphics card and it ends up leaving me poor without money to buy games. That is the whole reason I moved back to console gaming. the xbox was my first system since my snes. and it is a relief not to have to worry about a game not working on my xbox, since all xbox games will work! and the 300+ i will spend on consoles every 4-5 years is much less then the 200 dollar graphic card every 2 years, and the new 200 hardrive and however much i would spend on ram!

I agree in a whole lot less words...

compatability issues suck

it's nice to know the rumormill is still working...
    Meanwhile back at the Ranch,Bificus Beefy AKA Evil_Dr_Beefy and his henchmen The Big Dipper Beast plot the destruction of their arch nemesis Spaceboy

Default Re: Just heard that Xbox 2 will be PC compatible

Originally posted by Bigwig
    Share everything

keyboard

vidcards

RAM

Processor

everything

Really?! Neat

Before I was leanin' toward pickin' up a PS3, now I have no clue what to get between PS3 or XBox Next. Heard anything about PS3 yet?

Thread Information