Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Halo on PS2???

Default Halo on PS2???

Ok, not to make anybody go dead here, but I heard that Halo may very well be on its way to the PS2. wtf?!?! ... I never read it on the net or in magazines, but I know some people who said that they have. This would definately **** me off very much...enough to leave the Xbox and give in to Sony. Has anybody else heard of this or is this just a terrible rumor? By the way, is the PS2 hardware even capable of running Halo??? Tell me somethin.
    When you're alarm goes off in the morning, do a backflip straight out of bed without even sitting up, do some pushups while dodging bullets in slow motion, then do a cartwheel into your car while spinning a CD on the tip of your finger ... now you're a unique individual.

never gonna happen. MS owns Bungie (the company that made halo). so youre never gonna see halo, or any halo games on the ps2

Yeah I understand that Microsoft owns Bungie, but still I got to thinking....it would bring more money to Microsoft if their best game was on another system....sooooo ... I just hope to God that this is a rumor and that you're right. I mean that would be like Mario goin to Xbox...Good God!!
    When you're alarm goes off in the morning, do a backflip straight out of bed without even sitting up, do some pushups while dodging bullets in slow motion, then do a cartwheel into your car while spinning a CD on the tip of your finger ... now you're a unique individual.

Member on the run

Sleeping

Sounds like your friends are reading magazines from before the XBox. Either way...don't be so gullible. There is no way that MS would place their flagship game on a system as pathetic power wise as the PS2, their main competition. Just like PS2 trying to ensure that no other system can play GTA3, XBox will ensure that no other system will ever see their best game. Not too hard to understand there.

Originally posted by Satch
    Yeah I understand that Microsoft owns Bungie, but still I got to thinking....it would bring more money to Microsoft if their best game was on another system....sooooo ... I just hope to God that this is a rumor and that you're right. I mean that would be like Mario goin to Xbox...Good God!!
    Halo was actually in developement for the ps2 before MS bought bungie. If you look around you can even dig up PS2 screenshots which look decent, but not nearly as polished as the xbox version. Rude is right, MS isn't going to let their flagship go over to Sony.

yeah, they would not be getting an more money if they put Halo out on PS2 because that would be one more reason to buy a PS2 over an Xbox, believe me, no Halo game will ever be on PS2

Ok, maybe we have the PS2 on Halo outta the way, but Halo IS coming out for the PC right? grrr, I know the PC isn't a console, but I just think that Halo should be an XBOX exclusive, and by that, I mean not even on the PC.

Member on the run

Yes, Halo will come out for the PC, for the simple fact to make money. Don't be surprised..it's capitalism at it's finest.

Ok, maybe we have the PS2 on Halo outta the way, but Halo IS coming out for the PC right? grrr, I know the PC isn't a console, but I just think that Halo should be an XBOX exclusive, and by that, I mean not even on the PC.
    I believe Halo started devolpment on the PC and there was no plans what-so-ever to bring it to any consoles until MS bought Bungie... but I could be wrong that pure speculation

All this talk of halo makes me want to dig up that old 250mb Halo PC trailer

Renegade of funk

And from what I read recently, to make the Halo PC game more attractive, the PC version is supposed to have upgrades and new content to attract sales.

bust a nut

Originally posted by Reclaimer
    And from what I read recently, to make the Halo PC game more attractive, the PC version is supposed to have upgrades and new content to attract sales.
    so, whos gonna get it??

HALO ON PS2 MWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAH

yeah right NEVER gonna happen
    Scared ? You will be.

Originally posted by irule23
    so, whos gonna get it??
    well lets see i got a errr... Celeron 500, 64MB RAM, 4MB integrated grafix

Hell yes I am getting it for sure

Default Re: Halo on PS2???

Ok, not to make anybody go dead here, but I heard that Halo may very well be on its way to the PS2. wtf?!?! ... I never read it on the net or in magazines, but I know some people who said that they have. This would definately **** me off very much...enough to leave the Xbox and give in to Sony. Has anybody else heard of this or is this just a terrible rumor? By the way, is the PS2 hardware even capable of running Halo??? Tell me somethin.
    The ps2 would break down...in tears and burn physicaly trying to run halo.
    dean for president!!!!!!

seeing halo on PS2 is like seeing Gran turismo on xbox, its never going to happen.

Any ways, when Halo comes out on PC, doesnt Halo 2 come out on Xbox? So they might get like a few weapons/levles but gues what we get a WHOLE NEW GAME.

Originally posted by Playya
    Any ways, when Halo comes out on PC, doesnt Halo 2 come out on Xbox? So they might get like a few weapons/levles but gues what we get a WHOLE NEW GAME.
    Halo for PC = Summer
    Halo 2 = 2004

I C, but I still dont think my GFX card is good enough to run it. So i guess I'll just have to wait.

Originally posted by xboxmaster2002
    seeing halo on PS2 is like seeing Gran turismo on xbox, its never going to happen.
    Nor would we ever want to see it happen.

I think I will most likely have Halo on PC, how I get it is confidential.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

halo on ps2 is never gonig to happen. The last thing MS wants is more PS2 sales...

Halo was suppose to be on Ps2 and Mac. Weird combo for such a good game. dont you think?

Thread Information