Thread: System Link! Please help!

Question System Link! Please help!

I'm going to have a friend over and we are going to play Halo and other games Via System Link. Do I have to use the link cable by Microsoft or can I use the Blue ethernet cord? Or can I hook them both to a router Via ethernet cord and play? Thanks alot.

Default Re: System Link! Please help!

Originally posted by DarkMatter
    I'm going to have a friend over and we are going to play Halo and other games Via System Link. Do I have to use the link cable by Microsoft or can I use the Blue ethernet cord? Or can I hook them both to a router Via ethernet cord and play? Thanks alot.

Use a cross over ethernet cable for system to system.You need standard ethernet cable (patch cable?) for routers and hubs and such.
    ~Ninja's aren't supposed to be caught from behind, idiot~

Hidden Content

~What if i were to kill the one you love most? How far would you stray from what you just said? I can make you feel true pain~

Hidden Content

So if I have 2 Ethernet cables and a router/hub I can still play System Link?

Yes you can. That is actually the only way I play system link.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Sweeeeet Thanks alot you 2!

General networking logic applies when connecting the XBOX, any time you are concerned, look for a PC network setup guide.

System Link cable is just MS's green coloured cross over CAT5 ethernet cable.

Always try to use a switch or hub, always allows for more and more friends to join in the fun.........

Thread Information