Thread: will PSO be worth the monthly fee?

Default will PSO be worth the monthly fee?

I'm thinking of getting this game and was wondering if anyone played the DC version and what you thought of it. Will this be worth my time and money?
    check out our film at www.comegetsomethefilm.com

Member on the run

I've heard mixed reviews of PSO. Either way, I think I'll just wait for the Star Wars games that come out. From what I understand there will probably be a montly fee for those too, but oh well, what can you do...

I played PSO on Dreamcast like it was the end of all games. But seriously I plan on getting it and paying the fee. If anything I'll pay for a few months worth, take a break from the game, then maybe pick it up again after awhile. Bad thing is you can't trade this game since each game has its own unique online account. I still think it's worth the fee contrary to most other people's beliefs.

Originally posted by rudedogX
    wait for the Star Wars games that come out. From what I understand there will probably be a montly fee for those too, but oh well, what can you do...
    It will, just like the PC version
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Originally posted by Variation
    It will, just like the PC version
    Didn't realize the PC version was going to be pay-to-play. At least we won't be hearing all of the "I'll just play it on PC for free" arguments. I guess technically you're paying more when you add in the $50 for XBL and whatever you pay for broadband, but those are costs that aren't going away no matter what platform I play a game on.

Exactly. And isnt the Xbox version supposed to be using the communicator for voice chat as well unlike the PC one?
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

First dude to buy KOTOR

Since when is there a semi-decent MMORPG That is NOT pay-to-play? *Besides free UO shards*
    Page 27: Good traders list, traded with: Brevity
    [Force Choke] You will show me the proper respect!

Originally posted by Slayer02
    Since when is there a semi-decent MMORPG That is NOT pay-to-play? *Besides free UO shards*
    When will people learn? PSO is NOT, I repeat, NOT an MMORPG.

a freind of mine dosnt have XBL but he wants to buy this game.. will he be able to play it?

No, I'm afraid that your friend will not be able to play PSO because you must have a live account to get the game to start up on you're box. That's what I've heard anyway. I'm a little concerned about this due to the fact that I would love to play this game, and I don't have a connection, or I would get XBLive. It's a little upsetting, but I'll get over it.

I think PSO woll be a fun game. Espesially online. As for the fee, I dont know weather or not I would pay it. I guess it depends on how fun the game actually is online itself.
    The rock

I am not going to pay monthly fees for a four player game. A MMORPG I might pay a monthly fee, but that is doubtful. This game doesn't even have me interested.
    Hidden Content

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Nelson Mandela

Alien

Originally posted by VeNoMiZA
    a freind of mine dosnt have XBL but he wants to buy this game.. will he be able to play it?
    this is what you do......

get a memory card copy your account and place your account on his box so that when he wants to play pso he'll just "use" your account for the game and since he doesn't have live you don't need to worry about he useing it on live

Friend Request + No Message = Instant Decline

|360| Xbox 360 Elite - Resident Evil 5 Edition
    |PC| Asus - eeePC-1015PN[TEMP]
    |WP7| HTC - TITAN
    Achievements at home, on the move, and on the go.

An Xbox Live account is required to play Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II. To play the game online, Xbox Live subscribers will be required to buy a Hunter's License, which will give gamers the ability to travel on wild adventures with other Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II gamers. It also provides access to a plethora of online exclusive content, such as seasonal quests, downloads, and rare, in-game items. The Hunter's License is free of charge for the first two months and, after that, will carry a service fee of $8.95 per month.
    There is all the info you need to know from www.xbox.com
    Last edited by atrox; 04-09-2003 at 08:19 PM.
    atrox elite

Thread Information