Thread: I must be an Xbox fan boy to beileve this but I really do. The Xbox has better JRPGs.

Default I must be an Xbox fan boy to beileve this but I really do. The Xbox has better JRPGs.

Japanese RPGs. I dont like them much and I think Crimson Sea is trash but after watching the True Fantasy and Sudeki trailers I'll take those two games with PSO and Shenmue over that sad .hak, Xenosaga, Star Ocean Final Fantasy lot on the PS 2. Lol and thats just Japanese RPgs. Dark Cloud 2 is cool though.
    Last edited by Bigwig; 04-07-2003 at 06:32 PM.
    Your sig image is too big. The entire sig can be no larger than 500x250 pixels. Please reduce it in size before you repost. Thanks, XBA Staff.

Sudeki does look like a sweet game and it's not a port from the dreamcast, can you believe that?

Yeah to me Sudeki looked like a wanna be anime game, and I dont like anime but the concept of a realtime action combat and out of this world graphics makes this title look pretty interesting.
    Your sig image is too big. The entire sig can be no larger than 500x250 pixels. Please reduce it in size before you repost. Thanks, XBA Staff.

Well hopefully it will come out this year.

Ya you were right, you would have to be a fanboy to say that

Xbox doesn't have a single decent jrpg out at the moment, so how you can claim its got better ones, is beyond me! In fact, I think there's only 2 jrpgs out and they both suck (metal dungeon and blackstone)

Sudeki is not a JRPG btw, its being developed by Climax UK (in the united kingdom) and has more CRPG than JRPG components to it. I do agree that its going to be an amazing game once it comes out though!!
    Last edited by Dre; 04-08-2003 at 01:10 AM.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Crimson Sea = Worst game ever.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Originally posted by Dre
    Ya you were right, you would have to be a fanboy to say that

Xbox doesn't have a single decent jrpg out at the moment, so how you can claim its got better ones, is beyond me! In fact, I think there's only 2 jrpgs out and they both suck (metal dungeon and blackstone)

Sudeki is not a JRPG btw, its being developed by Climax UK (in the united kingdom) and has more CRPG than JRPG components to it. I do agree that its going to be an amazing game once it comes out though!!

Shenmue 2 is an RPG and a fantastic one at that. Its a bit slower paced and its not a *** turn based RPG even tho its japanese.

The trailer i saw for Sudeki led me to believe it was a JRPG, but than they snuck in some gameplay and it looked like gauntlet. I think sudeki will be weak and never live up to FF or Dragon warrior.

On the other hand, that XBL MMORP True fantasy or whatever. The cell shaded online RPG looks like it will be amazing. But that probably wont be out until 2005

Why couldnt square just make a game for us

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

im sort of a big fan of RPG's but so fare i dont think xbox has the best RPG's but they do have really really good ones

btw: i think the best RPG will come out for the xbox and thats fable!!!
    Hidden Content

Props to lllSmokelll for the sweet sig

Fable and Morrowind are awesome examples of Western RPGs. I don’t like JPRGs, If I wanted to sit and watch a story Id go see a movie. Lets leave the Japanese game to the Japanese Thankyou.

Hopes Shadow Fox doesnt see this thread
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Originally posted by Variation
    Hopes Shadow Fox doesnt see this thread
    Why ? Do he like JRPGs games ? I don't know but some JRPGs will keep me play it in the time.
    Back into the world of gaming.

Default To Whoever asked why the japanes do not come through with M.S.'s demands

If i were Japanese (though i do understand their culture), i would't want western culture, especialy america, to dominate a corner of the market in wich they have dominated for so many years... Though rightfuly so the japanese have ridded the competition throughout the years consistantly so i would not be shocked if that is the case.

That japanese economicly are similar to us, but the biggest difference is that they are more efficient bussines advocates than our selves, and the proof is in the pudding! Just look at the international Exchange rate for our Dollar to the Yen!!!

ps. I hope Konami makes more quality games in the future for the Xbox (so i say screw them)

Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
    Crimson Sea = Worst game ever.
    If that is what the Japanese call an RPG than I think I will pass on any that come in the future. What a horrible game.
    Hidden Content

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Nelson Mandela

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Crimson Sea, i think it's like GunValkyrie with some elements of RPG. More like shooter-action game than RPG.
    Back into the world of gaming.

Originally posted by Shadow20002
    Crimson Sea, i think it's like GunValkyrie with some elements of RPG. More like shooter-action game than RPG.
    but gunvalkeryie rocked... crimson sea is like a beatdown toyota with squared tires. my brother bought for me on saturday and man its ok....

Gunvalkyire = 2nd worst game ever
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

The Frew-its of the Devil

Talking

Acutally, Sudeki is being made by Europeans... like most of the RPG's we get on Xbox... or are getting
    "I do not say anything offensive, people simply take offense to the things I say." Keith Valdez '96'

Originally posted by JimmieDoogan
    Acutally, Sudeki is being made by Europeans... like most of the RPG's we get on Xbox... or are getting
    Thank god for that.

Thread Information