Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lucas Arts News!

Exclamation Lucas Arts News!

Star Wars®: The Clone Wars™ Live
    The first Star Wars online console game, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, is highly anticipated by media and fans alike. IGN says, "We can't wait to get a chance to take Clone Wars online!" The Xbox™ Live version will allow eight players to engage in multiplayer action over the internet. Online highlights are voice chat capability, ranking and downloadable maps. See screenshots and check out special Xbox Live FAQ at the official site!
    ESRB Rating is "T" for TEEN. Includes Animated Violence
    Official SW: TCWL Site

Indy Now Available for PC!
    Indiana Jones® and the Emperor's Tomb™, called, "a breathless, world-tripping adventure" by Electronic Gaming Monthly, is now available for PC! Visit the official site for PC, Xbox and PlayStation®2 screenshots, press reviews and gameplay footage.
    ESRB Rating is "T" for TEEN. Includes Violence
    Official Indiana Jones Site

Star Wars Jedi Knight®: Jedi Academy™
    LucasArts is pleased to announce Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy for PC and Xbox! This new game will allow players to take on the role of a student eager to learn the ways of the Force from Master Luke Skywalker. Visit the official site for game features and the first screenshots available!
    ESRB Rating is PENDING
    Official SWJK: JA Site

LucasArts at E3 2003
    Stay tuned to LucasArts.com throughout April and May as we bring you exciting game announcements and the first information, screenshots and artwork for our upcoming titles!

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic™
    Explore the new official site for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic to find new features like ability descriptions, weapon and item profiles, playable vehicle features and downloadable music!
    ESRB Rating is "T" for TEEN. Includes Violence
    Official SW:KOTOR Site

RTX Red Rock™ - New Game Trailer
    Check out Wheeler engaging in combat on the battlefield of the future and find out the latest on the L.E.D. invasion at the official site for RTX Red Rock.
    ESRB Rating is "T" for TEEN. Includes Blood, Mild Language, Suggestive Themes, Violence

Gladius™ Official Site Updates!
    Nearly every area of the Gladius official site has been updated with new material. Visit now for more equipment and artwork, new screens, Lost Scrolls and team notes, along with an expanded map tour!
    ESRB Rating is PENDING
    Official Gladius Site

Company Store Pre-Order Special
    Pre-order Star Wars: The Clone Wars for Xbox Live from the LucasArts Company Store and get free shipping and handling plus a collectible magnet!
    ESRB Rating is "T" for TEEN. Includes Animated Violence

The Lucasarts Official Site
    Last edited by MerimacHamwich; 04-10-2003 at 03:17 PM.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

They used to be such a great company... their adventure games were the best ever made. Sad to see them working very hard at burying their brilliant legacy.

Good ole Day of Tenticle
    memories...
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

man, gladius looks pathetic...It seems like a lost title that could be so awesome if someone like betheda software made it
    Hidden Content

Page 20,21 - 2 trades completed
    Lots of trades on TGN

Any non Star Wars title from LucasArts will always be a lost game, since no one really pays attention to LucasArts unless they are releasing a new SW game. It's almost like Maxis actually releasing a game that isn't Sim(city)-based. People will wonder how did Maxis do other games, then tell them to stick to releasing Sim games...

Originally posted by BCan
    Any non Star Wars title from LucasArts will always be a lost game, since no one really pays attention to LucasArts unless they are releasing a new SW game. It's almost like Maxis actually releasing a game that isn't Sim(city)-based. People will wonder how did Maxis do other games, then tell them to stick to releasing Sim games...
    I don't think that's true at all... I think that any company that releases a good game will get recognition for that game, even if it's not one of their biggest franchises.

Even Variation remembers Day of the Tentacle... many old gamers remember the classic days of Lucasarts. Monkey Island, the Indy adventures, Maniac Mansion/Day of the Tentacle, Sam & Max, Grim Fandango... if Lucasarts went back and captured the fun spirit of those games by releasing sequels, old fans would lap them up, and the games would probably get quite a few new fans. But sadly, Lucasarts have jumped on the brainless console game bandwagon. Sadly, such elements as story and witty writing have no place in today's shoot-em-up console world. Noone, including Lucasarts, is willing to give innovation (unless it's graphic innovation) a try.

Personally, I'd rather have a graphic adventure game over an FPS anyday.

I got this info from the LucasArts company anyway. But they should still concentrate on the SW and Indy games.

they need to remake Maniac Mansion and Zax Mckracken an the alien mindbenders, i miss those games
    Hidden Content props to Caged Soul for the sig an props to my mom for giving birth to me

Originally posted by Master Gracey
    Even Variation remembers Day of the Tentacle... many old gamers remember the classic days of Lucasarts. Monkey Island, the Indy adventures, Maniac Mansion/Day of the Tentacle, Sam & Max, Grim Fandango... if Lucasarts went back and captured the fun spirit of those games by releasing sequels, old fans would lap them up, and the games would probably get quite a few new fans. Personally, I'd rather have a graphic adventure game over an FPS anyday.
    Man, I still want wait to see the new Sam And Max, and that new one comming with the biker guy (name eludes me at the moment)

As you've said, back in the day Lucas Arts made AWESOME games like the one you mentioned....but I cant even remmeber the last LA game I played that I liked:o

Really wish a Maniac Mansion remake would happen

~sings~ memories...
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Full Throttle 2 is what you were looking for!

Agreed, with the OLD games, but not everyone who is in gaming now knows of the old stuff that LucasArts used to do. They associate, and very rightly, LucasArts, with LucasFilms and the SW universe. Anyone who doesn't think otherwise is someone who thinks Howard the Duck is genius......

How many people really know that it was Xerox and IBM that started PC revolution, and not Microsoft and Intel...... Who really associates Xerox with operating systems on a computer, and not that many people really knew what Big Blue used to do, at least not those who have joined the PC bandwagon... How many people think consoles started with the PSX, or NES, when Atari and others were there long before them........

It's all perception, and in this day and age, the advantage of being part of a multi-platform franchise usually financially outwieghs the innovation and taking a risk. Innovation is long over, sadly too many games, and movies, come out in accordance to what people think is a formula that the masses will follow. Appealing to the mass market, instead of quality, is what is taking many forms of media to fall on their own sword and believe their own hype..

Video games have gone more mane stream now. The fat cats know they can milk just as much money out of us as they can with movies and TV.

I like SW, Im a big SW geek! hehe.. so im looking forward to all lightsaber related games.

Thanks BCan...thats the name I couldnt remember...

Full Throttle..

Still unsure how they are going to convert it over, but keep its play style, cant even remember the last time I played a game with that (DoT, Ft, S&M) playstyle
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Sierra Online, too...

Don't forget about Space Quest and King's Quest.

Originally posted by BCan
    Anyone who doesn't think otherwise is someone who thinks Howard the Duck is genius......
    That move ruled!!!

Yeah, right... like anything with Lea Thompson was any good. The only exception being Back To The Future.

Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
    Sierra Online, too...

Don't forget about Space Quest and King's Quest.
    I was gonna mention them, but held back. You're absolutely right though! There's another fine company that went down the toilet after ownership changed. King's Quest, Space Quest, Quest For Glory (or Hero's Quest if you're that into old school ), Laura Bow, Robin Hood...

As Variation said, it's really sad that people aren't making games like this anymore. For the record, the last game that's come out with that formula was Escape From Monkey Island, and it wasn't anywhere near as great as three MI's before it. The only other game that was slightly in that style was Sanitarium, and it was insultingly easy.

Default Anyone Remember LOOM?

I loved the adventure game LOOM from LA which was one of thier first multi-media /cd-rom titles. I love the thought of paying around 350.00 for a 1x speed cdrom.. lol

Default Anyone Remember LOOM?

I loved the adventure game LOOM from LA which was one of thier first multi-media /cd-rom titles. I love the thought of paying around 350.00 for a 1x speed cdrom.. lol

Default Re: Anyone Remember LOOM?

Originally posted by kodiecap
    I'm Bobbin, are you my mother?

Default Re: Re: Anyone Remember LOOM?

Originally posted by Master Gracey

I'm Bobbin, are you my mother?

Wow i had to look that Name up i didnt even remember the characters name

Default Re: Anyone Remember LOOM?

Originally posted by kodiecap
    I love the thought of paying around 350.00 for a 1x speed cdrom.. lol

LOL!! I remember paying 650$ for a Sound Blaster 16 with a 2x CDROM kit.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Thread Information