Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hypotheticals....

Default Hypotheticals....

Just for fun...

You are standing in front of the game cabinet at your local retail outlet. You dig into your pocket and discover that you have exactly $55.00 ($427.00 Canadian)--enough for one new game.

No games interest you and you begin to walk away.

Just as you turn your back, you notice the clerk cracking open two cases of brand new games. One is marked Brute Force-XBOX, and the other is marked DOOM III-XBOX.

Which one do you take?

This is actully a hard question, but I think i would pick Doom III, I don't know why, thats just my choice.
    Hidden Content

Thanks bretman1234 for the sig
    Hidden Content

That is a hard choice, but I'm going to have to go with Brute Force.

Well of course it's a tough choice. What fun would it be if the 2 games in my example had been Halo 2 and Super Tetris?

It would actually be an even harder decision for thse of us with Xbox Live. On the one hand, we could opt for Brute Force and experience what promises to be some of the best squad-based combat ever to hit a home console. On the other hand, we could choose Doom III--the game which is sure to set a new standard in graphics and playability--and it's LIVE enabled.

I think I would go for Doom III.

Doom III any day
    Don't hunt what you can't kill!
    ~Reaper

Default Here's another....

Bungie takes the stage at E3 to show off some brand new footage of Halo 2. A hush falls over the crowd as the lead developer points to the video screen and announces his decsion to use cel-shading for the entire game.

A second man appears on stage, grabs the microphone and proceeds to tell the angry crowd that he has decided to remove XBL compatibilty from the game.

You reach under your coat and pull out your AR-15 but quickly realize you only have 1 bullet remaining.

Which guy gets it?

The one bullet goes to the guy hew chose to use cel shading for the entire game. I really don't like cel shading and while Xbox live is a big thing and would be a great loss the game would still be great without it.
    Hidden Content

Thanks bretman1234 for the sig
    Hidden Content

#1. Doom III. Brute Force has already let me down and the game isn't even out!
    #2. Probably the guy for taking out LIVE. I can deal with graphics, heck, it might even make the game neat. However, taking out LIVE playability is a criminal offence in Hamwich land. That reduces the replay value by One Million percent.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Cool Easy

1. Doom 3 (Brute Force Doesn't appeal to me)

2. I would order them to stand with one in front of the other, and then shoot the first guy in the head, and hopefully the bullet would pass through and hit the other guy. If not i would beat him to death with the gun!!!! Leave HALO 2 Alone!!!!!

And you call yourselves "gamers". Ha!

The correct answer to the second scenario is as follws...

You take the muzzle of the rifle, place it directly under your chin, and then firmly squeeze the trigger.

If Halo were to ship with XBL functionality removed, or with cel-shading added in, there would no longer be reason to live.

bust a nut

1) doom III. this game has muliplayer for live and brute force dosnt have shait. only dl content.

2)i'd shoot the guy who is goin to take out xbl. xbl is the greatest thing ever happened.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I'd go with DOOM III mainly because it's been a proven series. DOOM has awesome gameplay, great themes, and it's just flat out fun. This sequel is definately one of the most welcomed games for XBox.

As for Brute Force...I'm anticipating this game more than ever now. My bro actually preordered the game from Gamestop and he received a free disc set that has Brute Force, Halo, and Halo 2 movies and extras as well as a swarm of playable demos. After checking out the Brute Force stuff, I have yet to stop frothing at the mouth

But, the reason why I chose DOOM 3 over Brute Force is mainly due to the fact that "Brute Force" has the initials "BF" and it doesn't sound too appealing. .....hehe ........Okay, no...seriously...the reason is because DOOM is a proven series and Brute Force has yet to be seen.

Originally posted by VAN
    And you call yourselves "gamers". Ha!

The correct answer to the second scenario is as follws...

You take the muzzle of the rifle, place it directly under your chin, and then firmly squeeze the trigger.

If Halo were to ship with XBL functionality removed, or with cel-shading added in, there would no longer be reason to live.
    HAH, there is a much better way to take care of it than that. The AR-15 has a muzzle velocity of about 2900 feet per second, which means the best thing to do would be to make your way around to the side of the stage, when both people are lined up with you. Then take a single shot, indiana jones style, and knock them both out. How could you ever think of letting a little problem like this get between you and Halo 2

hahah but of course i would pick doom 3, Im not really into how brute force is coming out. it looks good but wierd. I think doom 3 would be in my first choice no question about it.

1) Doom III (Brute Force lost all interest after dropping XBL, and this game is gonna come out, when? 2017?)

2) I actually like Cel-Shaded (Even though Halo 2 cel-shaded would be pretty retarded), so I'd go with the a-hole that took out XBL.

Originally posted by LTM360
    1) Doom III (Brute Force lost all interest after dropping XBL, and this game is gonna come out, when? 2017?)

2) I actually like Cel-Shaded (Even though Halo 2 cel-shaded would be pretty retarded), so I'd go with the a-hole that took out XBL.
    doom 3 will not be cel shaded..... if thats what u mean.

1. Doom 3, we know BF is coming out soon, but have no idea when Doom 3 will come out.

2. same as Steve1987 and Kraft, shoot through one guy and into another, while wearing 4 layers of gloves. After that I would throw the gun up in the air and act like I was innocent

I'd go with Doom III and take out the guy that removes XBL.

1. Doom 3
    2. Id shoot the gun straight up in the air so I get theres and everyone elses attention and then go up there and beat the s*it out of both of them with that microphone or the butt of the gun until they agree to put both back in. Justice for gamers everywhere!

Originally posted by LTM360
    Brute Force never had Xbox Live implemented. We all thought it did but it didn't, that was dispointment #1 for me. There are about three other major disapointments that game has given me thus far, and like I said, it isn't even out yet.

I also think that seeing it in a store would make it more wantable becuase it has been delayed so much. You could have it now rather than 14 years from now.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Thread Information