Thread: Is Knights of the Old Republic still worth it if....

Default Is Knights of the Old Republic still worth it if....

Well i don't have Live yet. so do you think KOTOR will still be worth buying even if if i don't have live.

Do you know Tyler Durden? Blind-RazoR's Avatar

Um Kotor is a solo game. Maybe you are thinking of Star War: Galaxies which is the MMO but Kotor is a single player RPG and the only thing that maybe live is if it has downloadable content You are worrying me.

Jedi Master Shamshoon selowitch's Avatar

Default Hey, It Is Star Wars, Right?

Call me a sucker, but pretty much any <i>Star Wars</i> title LucasArts releases for Xbox, I will probably buy. Certain exceptions do apply, however; I plan to skip such forgettables as <b>Star Wars: Obi-Wan</b>.

Do you know Tyler Durden? Blind-RazoR's Avatar

Default Re: Hey, It Is Star Wars, Right?

Originally posted by selowitch

Call me a sucker, but pretty much any &lt;i&gt;Star Wars&lt;/i&gt; title LucasArts releases for Xbox, I will probably buy. Certain exceptions do apply, however; I plan to skip such forgettables as &lt;b&gt;Star Wars: Obi-Wan&lt;/b&gt;.
    LOL Obi-Wan wan never exsisted (uses force to wipe from everyones memory)

<a href="http://www.lucasarts.com/products/swkotor/">Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic</a> is an immense RPG that takes you right into the action with large environments and real time gameplay. Only one player.

<a href="http://www.lucasarts.com/products/galaxies/default.htm">Star Wars: Galaxies</a> is a humongous Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing game that puts players into a completely user driven galaxy that comes complete with everything starwars. Xbox Live is required to play this title.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is definetly worth getting if you don't have live. Star Wars: Galaxies is defintely not worth getting if you don't have live.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Star Wars: Galaxies is definitely not worth getting if you don't have Xbox Live. [/B]
    Uh, yeah—because you cannot even play it without XBL.

... ... ... the heck did you think I was getting at?
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Member on the run

Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
    Merimac...meet merimac part 2.

Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
    Sorry, I was just clarifying for the benefit of others. The statement seemed a little ambiguous to me, like someone could still consider getting <b>SW:G</b> in the absence of XBL despite your recommendation to the contrary.

I felt it was important to make it clear that you cannot buy <b>Galaxies</b> and run it without XBL and play the game in, say, some crippled form. Based on what I have read, the game will not even <b><i>run</i></b> without a connection to XBL.

In other words, buying <b>Galaxies</b> when you don’t have XBL and are not planning on getting XBL is a false choice, because Galaxies is, in effect, incompatible with a non-XBL-enabled Xbox.

Do you see where I’m coming from?
    Last edited by selowitch; 04-25-2003 at 10:22 AM.

Cool, i always thought that Kotor was a multiplayer game, think i'll but that then.

You learn something new everyday!

Doubt i'll get Galaxes though, currently i dont have live, and i dont know when ill be getting it either (money issues)
    "Hes got 24 hours its more than most of us get - all most of us get is mind that bus - what bus - splat!"

Originally posted by rudedogX

Merimac...meet merimac part 2.
    It's funny cause it's true.
    RIP Dave

Thread Information