Poll: Are you excited about Grand Theft Auto III and Vice City coming to the Xbox?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto III\Vice City for Xbox (2004)

Default Grand Theft Auto III\Vice City

As you can see GTA III and GTA Vice City are coming to the Xbox in 2004. Are you excited about it? Take the poll.

Default Re: Grand Theft Auto III\Vice City

Originally posted by ARONO129
    As you can see GTA III and GTA Vice City are coming to the Xbox in 2004.
    How can I see this? Where is the announcement... am I the only one left in the dark here?? I hope this isn't just wishful thinking!
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Dre, check the front page.

Like I said in my comment to the news, I have mixed feelings. It is great that the Xbox is getting this killer title, but by the time it does come out, it will be pointless. I've already played GTA3 on not one, but two different systems, the PS2 and the PC. Why would I want to do it a third time? Vice City? Played it on the PS2 already, and the PC version is coming in a few weeks. Same scenario. Now if it was coming out the same time as the PC version, then yeah there would be more incentive to get it. Or if we were getting GTA4 the same time as the PS2 or even just a bit after then that would be fine. But 2 game version back? I don't think so.

The only people I see getting excited are those that have been living under a rock and don't have a friend with a PS2 or a PC.

But maybe Rockstar will do something special with the GC and Xbox version. Perhaps they try to take it online? Up the graphics? Do something that makes it not just another 2 year later port, which I think is a slam in the face.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Default Re: Re: Grand Theft Auto III\Vice City

Originally posted by Dre

How can I see this? Where is the announcement... am I the only one left in the dark here?? I hope this isn't just wishful thinking!
    http://www.xboxaddict.com/

lol.

*stabs GTA franchise to death in a waterfall of blood and pink stained bone chunks.*
    Die GTA Die!

Since when was GTA coming to the XBox anyway? I haven't heard anything on this. Anyone gotta a link?

I F'n love the GTA, GTAIII & Vice City are by far one of the best games ever made. If this rumour is true, I'm definitely picking up Vice City

Originally posted by Liquid Gears
    Since when was GTA coming to the XBox anyway? I haven't heard anything on this. Anyone gotta a link?

I F'n love the GTA, GTAIII & Vice City are by far one of the best games ever made. If this rumour is true, I'm definitely picking up Vice City
    How ignorant can you be?
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Originally posted by Liquid Gears
    Posted not once, but twice.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Neat, another port.

But, then again, it's pretty cool for those who are fans of GTA3 and GTA Vice City. Good news for them, though, I don't plan on getting either one when they come out.

They only way I would consider buying them is if they both came available with progressive scan up to 1080i and they polished up the graphics....a lot!

Gameplay-wise, GTA3 and GTA Vice City are simply awesome. I wish Dead to Rights and similar type titles utilized the simplistic gameplay that the GTA series uses. But, after a few hours with any version of GTA, I get really bored.

I still think that getting GTA III and Vice City will be a big boost for the Xbox. I'll bet that Rockstar will continue to make the GTA series for the Xbox and release GTA 4 the same time the PS2 version comes out or shortly after.

The GTA series is the only thing IMO that the PS2 had over the Xbox and we will be getting it.

The young... and annoying Young_Fledgling's Avatar

when is this coming out???

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Huh...don't know if i will get any good feeling when i play a old version of GTA. Anyway, if they will add LIVE to this, cool to get.
    Back into the world of gaming.

I loved GTA III but don't really like playing PC games. So i can't wait for this to come out on Xbox.

only if they sold them at budget price or made them into one disc, why would most of us want to spend money on that crap when both will be well over a year old each.

The young... and annoying Young_Fledgling's Avatar

so when is it coming out?

i think the game is lame but i like to see what the anti-nintendo xbox/ps2 fanboys have to say now about the big N being "kiddie" since its going to gamcube..... i guess you haters of nintendo aint saying nintendo is kiddie now,right? or you'll just keep calling it kiddie no matter what game is on it the only good thing i see about this is that gta sells systems which will help sell more xbox's and gamecube's and thats always a cool thing imo

i played ti for ps2 and loved it, cant wait

Official Avs Fan of XBA kornavs19's Avatar

MAN!
    I wish they would have done this when i liked the game..I used to post threads upon threads about GTA series coming to Xbox..I wanted it so bad , i used to say the game would never get old either..Well after my bro got it and i played it everyday and beat it easily then ran around and did nothing for about a week, i got bored.. Vice city came out, little bt of a change but not MUCH..So i got bored of that quickly and now am not interested in the series...GTA4 i might not even consider renting, if they make one..
    But im sure it will sell big oXBOX cause there are many people that like that game and wil still buy it regardless of having it already or not..
    It was like the HALO of ps2...
    So its gotta sell some for the xbox..Thats like if we gave ps2 HALO..Except HALO is a billion times better so of course it would sell..

I don't know. All my friend are giving me crap about not having GTA. I think that we should get something for giving PS2 Splintercell.
    Hidden Content
    "Happiness is having a scratch for every itch."-Ogden Nash

Originally posted by MerimacHamwich

How ignorant can you be?
    What's your problem kid? Does that offend you or something? The GTA games have turned out to be a great series, what's so bad about GTA games that you don't like?

Thread Information