Thread: Console Prices Drops? (IGN thinks so and so do..)

Default Console Prices Drops? (IGN thinks so and so do..)

Retailers say yes. Details inside.

April 28, 2003 - Historically, around this time of year -- E3 -- console manufacturers play a little game that we like to call "the price wars." One company announces a $50 price cut, and before you know it, all of the major systems follow suit to stay competitive. It looks like 2003 is shaping up to be no different.
    Sources from many retailers in North America are currently indicating that they've received in-store communications stating that all three major consoles -- PS2, GameCube and Xbox -- could have their prices slashed in the very near future, i.e early May. Promotional materials and instructions at these stores state the following prices are slated for each system:

PS2: $149.95
    Xbox: $149.95
    GameCube: $99.95
    Again, none of this has been officially confirmed at this early, pre-E3 point in time. Expect more concrete news and statements to become available as we draw nearer to the big May 14 date. But given the longstanding history of E3-related price cuts, don't be surprised to see it happen. We'll keep you posted.
    Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I already own 2 XBoxes......now, it appears that I could afford a six pack of these black beauties

Two more years and I may just have to get myself a GameCube.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

exellent..........hopefully now my freinds will get xbox'x and turn away from the demon ps2.

I hope after this price drop I can talk my freind who is a RPG Nut into getting a XBox. He needs a XBox damit . And I'm going to give him a hard time if he doesn't get one soon.
    Last edited by Knight; 04-29-2003 at 09:18 AM.

Hidden Content XBOX RULES!

And if he doesn't get one I'm not letting him play Fable. :wink: And I will tell him that the game is too good to let a non-XBox owner play it.

Hidden Content XBOX RULES!

Default da CUBE

The CUBE looks pretty good at that price. Doesn't it come with 1 good game? That makes it a $50 console. I'll have to decide between a 2nd XBOX or 1st Cube.

Default Price cut

I saw at a local EB that the Xbox was being sold for 149.99, plus 3 games. This was due to a $50 rebate, (so you have to come up with the 199 up front), but still seems like a price cut is already happening.

Thread Information