Thread: New Phantom Site

Default New Phantom Site

Prophet | 21:17 | Console

Infinium Labs has launched the official site for its Phantom Console and revealed that it plans to launch it sometime this summer. They will also be at two upcoming events - the Electronic Entertainment Expo and the Ultimate Gamers Expo, though what Infinium plans to reveal during those shows was not revealed. The new web site does offer a few more details about the Phantom, but the console system that can support PC titles, rentals & demos and a "broad selection of pre-loaded games" still remains shrouded in mystery and community speculation.

http://www.infiniumlabs.com/
    Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

i'm happy with my console Xbox, don,t have to buy anything else to play games...
    Back into the world of gaming.

I love my XBox, but any console that would allow you to play PC games is definitely worth watching. There's still a lot of answered questions about this console, though. I'm going to keep my eye on it.

I'm not sold on the idea of a console playing PC titles. You'd have to reconfigure your controls for every game you play.

Default Re: New Phantom Site

Originally posted by Brevity
    Prophet | 21:17 | Console

Infinium Labs has launched the official site for its Phantom Console and revealed that it plans to launch it sometime this summer. They will also be at two upcoming events - the Electronic Entertainment Expo and the Ultimate Gamers Expo, though what Infinium plans to reveal during those shows was not revealed. The new web site does offer a few more details about the Phantom, but the console system that can support PC titles, rentals & demos and a "broad selection of pre-loaded games" still remains shrouded in mystery and community speculation.

http://www.infiniumlabs.com/
    Am I the only one that thinks the Phantom may turn out to be sweet?

yea this will probly bomb just cuz it aint a popular name like sega , ms and sony

Originally posted by KingNader
    yea this will probly bomb just cuz it aint a popular name like sega , ms and sony
    I will only say it here but thanks for all your input today. Its nice to hear from a new person or two here at XBA. And hope to see more of you. To the others here, yes I think that while it will have more than its fair share of obsticles it "Could" become something of a popular item, I think perticularly by those who find hacking things a fun hobbie.
    Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

The answer is forty-two frog11983's Avatar

i don't know about this thing. no really.. i don't know anything about this. i want to know some facts... like the system performance, what the controller is going to be like, what games are going to be on this.... if this thing is coming out this summer, they have a lot of advertising to do!

i thought the site was pretty cool though....
    The glove compartment isn't accurately named.

All big names dont allways make the best hardware decisions (Virtual Boy, Dreamcast...).

For the Phantom to survive, it needs the following:
    <blockquote><li>Impressive Features</li>
    <li>Graphics That Top The Current Consoles, And The Upcoming Consoles</li>
    <li>At Least One A+++ Title That Will Sell The Console (Think Halo)</li>
    <li>Priced At $300 Or Less</li></blockquote>
    Since this is the "Off Season" for new consoles, <i>and</i> they intend to launch in the Summer, they need a strong showing to make people want to buy it during the Holiday Season. If they pack a game in (Something GOOOOOOOD) their chances of survival will increase.

I have a feeling that the Phantom will be big, but not bigger than XBox. Forsure bigger than GC, maybe PS2.

I can't wait to see the launch games they preview at E3
    Last edited by Liquid Gears; 05-01-2003 at 03:23 PM.

The answer is forty-two frog11983's Avatar

i don't know... if they have only been in development since october 2002... thats not a lot of time to develope a stellar game like halo. they are going to have to pull something big to survive. and i haven't even seen any information on developers that support it?
    The glove compartment isn't accurately named.

Thread Information